Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • C

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • F---- :(

Votes: 74 58.7%

• Total voters
Yup, there needs to be a balance between grinding and suffocating a team and asking a variety of questions in attack. That last period look at the difference a cross field kick, a grubber and a chip kick made in terms of the opposition having to react. The bomb to the 10m line and hold them there has its place but there has to get some variety. Set up and do the same to the left edge sometime maybe. 40/20 on the 4th anyone? You are right with your comments around a lack of scheming. What happened to all our little trick plays?
100% agree, Webby needs to show he can pivot.

He's a smart guy, that's why it's kind of odd that his game plan is so one dimensional.

Good coaches can pivot between games and pivot inter game when things aren't working.

It's not as though we are lacking experience, so such a inflexible game plan doesn't really make sense.

I don't even want to get started on never contesting kicks, because noone else in the NRL does it because it makes no sense.

I'm surprisingly calm about all of this.

I'm not quite ready to put a line through them, long way to go in what is shaping up to be a tight comp. Top 4 we can forget about for a while but pushing up into 6th / 5th is still a real chance.

I'm feeling this way based on the Zyon Maiu’u performance, he lifted us and it is what we have been missing with Niukore's injury.

Zyon Maiu’u ran like how the Dragons ran at us last week, like how Tof ran at us 2 weeks ago.

Certainly it is time for some personnel change out wide, absolutely no reason not to bring Ali in for a game now, Pompey too.

Well the Titans were due a win sooner or later and of course it had to be agianst us. DWZ, Montoya and Berry need to be dropped to NSW Cup. Pompey and Leiataua to replace them. Defence and errors has always been an issue with us esp missed tackles. Dont matter who we sign, until we rectify our defence and discipline, we aint gonna win shit. On the bright side, Zyon Maiu’u had a good debut. Ran hard and make his tackles. He will add plenty to our side.

Fox Sports have to be taking the piss with this

WELL DONE REF

Referees are a bit like wicketkeepers – if you don’t notice them, they’re doing well.

Wyatt Raymond, a physiotherapist by day, only gave eight penalties and two set restarts to let the game flow and both teams responded with 90 per cent completion rates.

If it was a 50-50 call he left his whistle in his pocket.

They played, and he let them play.

Dock the lot of them. Major deductions for this shithouse consistent shithouseness.

There are things that need doing and yes we need to be brave to do them. Brave things like setting higher standards. Brave things like dropping consistently poor players no matter who they are.

Brave things like fixing our porous defence. Like remembering that they are paid to perform and are needing some remedial classes in defensive structures and organisation

He's a smart guy, that's why it's kind of odd that his game plan is so one dimensional.

Good coaches can pivot between games and pivot inter game when things aren't working.

It's not as though we are lacking experience, so such a inflexible game plan doesn't really make sense.

I don't even want to get started on never contesting kicks, because noone else in the NRL does it because it makes no sense.
I have mixed feelings about where we are at. I'm floating between:

We are horribly struck by injuries and predominantly in our forwards.

We have an aging side and need some youthful injection like we saw with Zyon Maiu’u and Laban to balance us better.

I can't work out if our one dimensional plan is because of the above and trying to get us through until troops get back, we have been let down by coaching (what was Morgan looking after last year) and/or we had career best seasons by a number of players and they can't or haven't been able to replicate that this year.

I think we will sneak in to the 8 and if we can get our troops back and fit for the last 1/3 of the season leading in to the finals we might be able to give it a shake.

Going to be a mixed bag for fans over the next 6-8 weeks I think

Last edited:
Week after week Tohu is cooked and not in the defence line from about the 10th minute. His tackles are weak and ineffective and are never dominant. He cannot slide laterally and he cannot cover breaks. When he takes a hit up on the 4th tackle he routinely fails to get a quick ptb. I showed pics last week and I'll do it again this week.
Tonight there were several times where he was on his haunches in the oppositions line and we were a couple of plays into our set. Something definitely not right there.

Either that or the team need to listen. Hopefully it's not both

Tonight there were several times where he was on his haunches in the oppositions line and we were a couple of plays into our set. Something definitely not right there.
It took this long to give Capewell time to heal. If Tohu is done then so be it but before I join the chorus I'll painfully watch the game and pick on everybody for everything.

Back