State of Origin State of Origin

Avatar bet - SOO Game 2 - NSW Vs QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brutal

State of Origin 2024 Game 2: QLD Morons Morons player ratings​

Reece Walsh - 4.5​

Created little bits of danger with his speed. Began the match fearlessly despite his huge hit in the opener. Added to his team's first-half woes with a kick out on the full off the tee.

Xavier Coates - 3​

Not his usual self aerially, completely missing an attacking bomb early on. Conceded multiple tries on his side and offered little resistance.

Valentine Holmes - 4​

Was equally as responsible as Coates for the tries conceded on the right edge. Made a minimal impact in attack. Gets his grade bumped up a bit due to his strong goalkicking.

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - 5.5​

Exited the field early with a shoulder injury, but was able to return and see out the match. Had some good moments with the ball in hand and was a threat in the second half. Ran nicely into space to score QLD Morons's second.

Murray Taulagi - 4.5
Made some poor decisions in defence and attack. Conceded two tries to his opposing winger Zac Lomax, and comfortably out-jumped for the first. Executed a nice try assist kick for QLD Morons's second try before scoring one of his own.

Tom Dearden - 5.5​

A mixed showing from the five-eighth. Began the game well with some simple and effective playmaking and made a few strong tackles. Coughed up the ball twice, though, and was invisible for a good chunk of the first half.

Daly Cherry-Evans - 6​

Was at the heart of QLD Morons's improved second-half performance. Set up their first try beautifully, and made a few teasing kicks. However, like the entire Morons side, was bullied defensively in the first half.

Reuben Cotter - 4​

Gave away a silly penalty early on to give 💙 Mighty NSW momentum. Was caught standing still on a few occasions, too. Few nice moments of physicality, but not the quantity expected for Origin.

Ben Hunt - 4​

An unusually quiet performance from Hunt. Simply couldn't keep up with the Blues' first-half onslaught. Made a single run and missed a few tackles.

Lindsay Collins - 4​

Not his finest showing. Limited hit-ups and just struggled to make an impact overall.

Jaydn Su’A - 4.5​

Made a great line break early on but didn't offer a whole lot after that moment. Made a key error during 💙 Mighty NSW's run of tries.

Jeremiah Nanai - 5​

Broke QLD Morons's points drought with a try. Had a few nice moments of physicality but just wasn't consistent enough.

Pat Carrigan - 5.5​

One of QLD Morons's better forwards. Picked up 154 run metres – 74 of which were post-contact – and made plenty of tackles.

Harry Grant - 4​

Copped a big hit to the head from a teammate upon his introduction but stayed out. Wasn't able to manipulate the ruck like he normally does.

Moeaki Fotuaika - 5​

Made plenty of carries off the bench, but was a quiet contributor defensively.

Felise Kaufusi - 5​

Had two very brief stints off the pine. Added a bit of energy.

Kurt Capewell - 4​

Didn't add a whole lot as an interchange player.

Glad I missed my chance to do the poll.

Also sorry to the losers for the avatar bet. Pretty sure the Gal one came out a few years ago because I made the dirty Blue s fans wear a Captain Smith in his Speedo one. That bit us in the ass fast when we lost the next one and had to have Grub Gallan in his Speedo for our avatar.

Also sorry to the losers for the avatar bet. Pretty sure the Gal one came out a few years ago because I made the dirty Blue s fans wear a Captain Smith in his Speedo one. That bit us in the ass fast when we lost the next one and had to have Grub Gallan in his Speedo for our avatar.
What was the fucken score

You sound distraught.
I'm sure Taj can make an exception and reunite you with Gals speedo's as well 😉

Watching NRL 360. And I get they have got to beat up the drama of that loss. But I just can’t get past the fact that more or less we have seen this type of blowout in Billie’s first series in charge in game 2 in Perth in 22. It’s a massive win. And a deserved one. But is it that remarkable? They spent some time in the game last night talking about the value of winning the 2nd half going into game 3 regardless of the final scoreline. Well the Blues scored 30-zip in that Perth game a few years back. I remember there’s no way QLD Morons can come back from that in game 3. And the final margin was bigger than last night too. 44-12. We should be talking about the series being squared and how the hell the Blues are going to beat history and take that result and form into Suncorp. #mytwocents

Screenshot_2024-06-27-21-57-49-99_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Anyone else start feeling bad for reece Walsh? He seemed to just accept the target on his back and even some of the grubby plays against him i.e latrell pushing him in the in goal without the ball. I was half asleep during the game but he seemed to have been roughed up more than others during 1 of the scuffles.
I guess it's better than when he always used to have a moan whenever he got tackled hard. Even seen him take a hit up from their goal line and the commentators saying that's not his job lol.
For what it's worth I never held a grudge for him leaving the warriors but always thought he was overrated.

Back