NRL Wests Tigers

Tigers paying $3.5 to get the spoon

Dragons on the same odds

Cheeky $50 on both (ie $100) and you walk away with $175 (net $75)

Is that free money ???💵

I said it before and I'll say it again. Benji Marshall will be found out as nothing but a sham. Warriors fans will know all too well what happens when a person doesn't have enough NRL coaching experience when we hired Bluey.

The proper process is a person starts at best around Harold Matthews and works their way up slowly after having relative success along the way. To think you could do a one year apprenticeship under Tim Sheens and be good to go is astoundingly naive and stupid. Its smacks of arrogance and is another chapter in Benjis megalomaniac history such as the time he thought he could sign for the Auckland Blues and waltz into an All Black jersey.

Have to feel for Tigpie fans. His appointment was nothing more than a last gasp effort by the incompetent Board to salvage any dignity after repeated failings both on and off the field. When the Board and CEO resigned at the end of last year the interim CEO and Board should have hastily appointed a better coach but they have also failed the club by sticking with the status quo.

Enjoy your spoon Tigers. It wont be a pretty season...

I said it before and I'll say it again. Benji Marshall will be found out as nothing but a sham. Warriors fans will know all too well what happens when a person doesn't have enough NRL coaching experience when we hired Bluey.

The proper process is a person starts at best around Harold Matthews and works their way up slowly after having relative success along the way. To think you could do a one year apprenticeship under Tim Sheens and be good to go is astoundingly naive and stupid. Its smacks of arrogance and is another chapter in Benjis megalomaniac history such as the time he thought he could sign for the Auckland Blues and waltz into an All Black jersey.

Have to feel for Tigpie fans. His appointment was nothing more than a last gasp effort by the incompetent Board to salvage any dignity after repeated failings both on and off the field. When the Board and CEO resigned at the end of last year the interim CEO and Board should have hastily appointed a better coach but they have also failed the club by sticking with the status quo.

Gotta agree unfortunately, will be a tarnish on his RL career as a whole……I like the bloke, fellow Kiwi and wanted him to do well in his coaching role but its old news you can’t leap frog from the bottom of the coaching ladder to the top in a New York minute. Such a mercurial player but that hardly ever translates into an astute coach. And it smacks of egocentricity. The whole organisation is a shambles. Ah well…..glad I’m not a Tigers fan. Gonna be a looooooong season for them and the next and the………

For mine the appointment of Marshall is an admission that no one wants the job. I feel sorry for Benji in that regard, I am sure he knew he was up against it, but he has been so loyal and loves his club so dearly that he has taken on the suicide mission.

Anyone watch NRL360 with Roach and Elias on? Is the a more Wests Tigers thing than having two of your legends invited to your games as a guest of the opposition.

If we play devils advocate. Both are outspoken and have probably criticised a lot of people at the club.

It was still funny to hear though.

What does everyone make of the Leichhardt Oval debate this week?

The journalists are funny as their point of view changes like the wind depending on who they are arguing or the agenda they want to push.

The suburban grounds look better on TV now as they are typically pretty full. The occasional games in winter when the weather gets horrendous and you see the little grandstand and the hill is when it really looks bad.

Shane Richardson who kicked it off was at Souths when they moved to the Olympic Stadium with a lot of clubs. We'd often have games with a crowd of 10k in an 80,000 seat stadium. The clubs had to resort to having big banner in the top tiers. That didn't look great either.

Back