Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
I can wait forever to win the comp. Obviously don't want to but making deep finals runs each year should be the goal. Winning the comp is the icing.

Sadly at the moment, irrational selections and rotations is going to cost us the 8.

Selecting a centre on the bench in case a back gets an injury all the while letting the opposition get on top through the middle was SK 1.0
We literally have three middles on the bench already? A fourth is just going to sit there too.

The fact is Webby has done this before, put a back or backup hooker on the bench and they get the crappy 5-10 minutes left in the game or zero minutes.

Another forward (non hooker) would at least give more options, especially in the wet.

Walker covers 9, 13, 6
Egan could cover 3, 4 I am sure.

I think my main argument is Webby has done it before and has proven to have wasted a bench spot. 4 forwards will give him actual options, but still up to him if he uses them...(Ale getting 15 minutes is bad too)

Knowing what's wrong and being able to coach it in or out of the team isn't happening so far. I think this bloke can but it's a question of how long I can wait for us to keep not winning the comp
Thats the skill though isnt it? I can look at a car or a house and know whats broken but I need a mechanic or a builder to fix it. What use is Webby if he knows whats wrong but cant fix it?

In short I think we are fundamentally sound and the main work on is our attack in good ball. That involves improving our right edge execution to the level it was last year and unlocking our left edge.

I think the right edge problem is because our forwards aren’t shortening up the D line well enough.

I think the coach needs to have a bit of a chat with SJ to solve the left edge issue.

In short I think we are fundamentally sound and the main work on is our attack in good ball. That involves improving our right edge execution to the level it was last year and unlocking our left edge.

I think the right edge problem is because our forwards aren’t shortening up the D line well enough.

I think the coach needs to have a bit of a chat with SJ to solve the left edge issue.
SJ isn't training is he? Makes all that stuff super hard to execute if your only practice is gameday?

Thats the skill though isnt it? I can look at a car or a house and know whats broken but I need a mechanic or a builder to fix it. What use is Webby if he knows whats wrong but cant fix it?

I take a different analogy

My Porsche has a flat tire

I can see it’s a flat tire and I need someone to fix it

Webby is a mechanic

One of the best in the world, but the only 🛞 available to fix the problem is cheap Toyota brand

I’ll have to be content with the Toyota replacement until the Porsche tires are back in stock ie Marata, Metcalf, CHT etc

I take a different analogy

My Porsche has a flat tire

I can see it’s a flat tire and I need someone to fix it

Webby is a mechanic

One of the best in the world, but the only 🛞 available to fix the problem is cheap Toyota brand

I’ll have to be content with the Toyota replacement until the Porsche tires are back in stock ie Marata, Metcalf, CHT etc
Why can't you change a tyre? What's wrong with you bro? Why you driving a Porsche, where do the kids sit?

Kind of interesting that Webster acknowledged the fatigue of the team in that interview but didn't attribute our 4th bench player getting 0-5 minutes in the last few weeks as a contributing factor.

I guess we'll see on Sunday if the same tactics holds and has any bearing on the result.... sigh 😔

Back