1. QLD Morons (SOO)
  2. Junior SOO QLD Morons
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reece_Walsh
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/reece-walsh/summary.html
I had a quick look and I see it as head shot.

But I'm happy to hear your point if you have one.
I think first contact was with chest and slid up to contact head. It was a big shot so don't know which caused the damage. So contact with chest of a falling player then head as he fell and suaalii force was upward like all good tackles.
So given all these factors a send off was an overreaction due to the hurt caused.

I think first contact was with chest and slid up to contact head. It was a big shot so don't know which caused the damage. So contact with chest of a falling player then head as he fell and suaalii force was upward like all good tackles.
So given all these factors a send off was an overreaction due to the hurt caused.
It's a send off regardless of whether it may have hit his chest and then his head.
It's all in the one reckless motion.
Swahili has a duty of care which he failed badly.

Like Ref said the chest first argument however right or wrong just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not arguing the correctness of the call just expressing where it sits on my own spectrum of moral reasoning. The end result was extremely dangerous both immediately and potentially long term. It in my opinion is of higher value than the game the series the spectacle etc. And thanks for engaging in the discussion with me bro. Up the wahs

For mine, the “he slipped” argument is only valid if the defender has his feet planted and is already braced for impact before the player slips. If you’re sprinting at a player and launch off your feet in the air aiming at their upper body, you have sole duty of care.

Last edited:
In any way shape or form that amount of forceful contact to the head is a send off every day of the week.

Did he intentionally go out to target the head? No. Suali'i Was looking to shut down the threat of Walsh on the sweep who had already created the overlap, was obviously looking to stop it before he could get the ball away hence why he went in like a missile......his target area was high to stop the ball from getting away.....however at that speed your setting yourself up cause if your off your target by millimetres or the ball carrier lowers by the same amount you get what happened........and these days it doesnt matter if your 6 feet or 2 inches from the ground, the head is sacrosanct.

Not intentional but a misjudgement by Suali'i, send off the only call that could be made from that.

Last edited:
The majority has spoken, blue tinted glasses removed, moving on.
Bro it's ok for us to agree and disagree. And to hear each other without turning it personal shows maturity. A bit of back story too here;

First time I watched Origin, QLD Morons had Meninga and Wally Lewis and others I recognised from the many hidings the kangaroos had dealt us over the 80s and early 90s. So I just chose to support N S W. I did that until the series they smashed QLD Morons and did the grenade ball celebration which even though I supported them made me think they were a bunch of pricks. So I chose to follow the other state. Its not about loyalty to me as even though I live in N S W, I don't have a connection to here as I do with the Warriors and Kiwis. Just my extra two cents. Ta