Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
And he was running like he had gum boots on.
Nau mai haere mai Mr Capewell
Some of my fastest relations can carry a flat screen tv in one arm down the road at three o clock in the morning in gumboots and believe me.... They run really fast. I fail to see your point.

Also could be done in jandals, slippers, bare feet and hob nail boots. Yes nau mai e koro Capewell.

Some of my fastest relations can carry a flat screen tv in one arm down the road at three o clock in the morning in gumboots and believe me.... They run really fast. I fail to see your point.
Capewell wasn't under the influence of Lion Red and Te Puke Thunder like your rellies bro. That's like pushing the. Nitrous oxide button on the ol gumboots.

The KC signing is a good one. But it depends on a few variables falling into place to see how effective it will be next year. Our pack kinda looks like this:
AFB
Egan
Barnett/Marata/Bunty/....
Ford
Capewell/Marata/Barnett
Harris

Ale
Walker
..../Jazz?

If done right that could be one of the best packs in the comp. Add a couple of young fellas coming up, the potential is amazing.

Do we turn MB and/or MN into full blown props, both of whom are more than capable. Or do we run a rotation of our bigger 2nds playing prop.....

Fricken interesting to see how Webby plays it out.

Whatever happens I am so looking forward to next year.

We played our final in Brisbane and it was obvious we were done even prior to kickoff.....do our new recruits, RTS, CHT, Capewell and the young lads give us the depth to go one further?

Bring it on and good luck boys.
Looks like our bench players could be viewed as hybrid with the interchange players having the ability to shift from edge to middle once the shine of the opening 15/20 is done and dusted.

You scratch our back and we’ll scratch yours …

Translated…
Okay, Walsh wants to live in Brisbane and the Dolphins have a massive offer for him, we’ll give him to you Broncos .
Don’t forget that we’ve done this and we hope that you’ll look at doing us a favour in the future.

Nek minit - Capewell

Any truth here or am I dreaming ?

They’ve thanked the Broncos on the press releases .

Bloody great signing. We are a serious threat next year. We have lost no one of great note. Gained RTS CHT and Capewell.
Broncos lost Flegler , Fainsworth and Palasia and gained Fletcher Baker
Panthers lost Cogger Crichton and leniu and gained Daine Laurie.
2/3 of each teams losses are key players to their grand final teams.
Yes if we lose AFB or Johnson we’re probably buggered. But if the Broncos lost Reynolds/walsh and Haas they not winning either.
Same as if Penrith lost JFH and Cleary/Luai. That’s the unlucky part of injuries. They can ruin your whole season no matter how well you’ve recruited.
From a chch point of view it’s great to see most of our good kids being signed by the warriors juniors and not heading overseas. Yes there’s a couple going but not the 5-10 we normally lose every year.

That did throw a spanner in the works. Capewell is more of a like-for-like replacement for Curran, but they still want to add to the front row stocks next season and if Capewell decides he doesn’t want to join the Warriors, the club will quickly move on and try to sign another backrower.

Offering a three-year contract to a 30-year-old does come with risks, but he is seen as a player who’ll help the club go through a transition period.

There are some exceptionally talented young forwards at the Warriors, such as Jacob Laban, Demitric Sifakula and Zyon Maiu’u, but they’re not ready yet and should be coming through to be NRL-level regulars in two to three years, but will be able to get some experience at that level over the next couple of years and will be able to learn lots from Capewell.

By the time Capewell finishes, or Jackson Ford has moved on, the younger players will be ready to go.

Really thought that part of the stuff article I just posted from the 5th of December implied that the were bringing in another front rower for next season?

From Fox Sports off contract for 2025

PROP

Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Josh Aloiai, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Jake Clydsdale, Reuben Cotter, Toby Couchman, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui, Chris Faagutu, Viliami Fifita, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler, Thomas Hazelton, Jack Hetherington, Jaiyden Hunt, Royce Hunt, Corey Jensen, Tui Kamikamica, Oregon Kaufusi, Kitione Kautoga, Josh Kerr, Josh King, Spencer Leniu, Ben Liyou, Davvy Moale, Griffin Neame, Mark Nicholls, Joe Ofahengaue, Josiah Pahulu, Keenan Palasia, Josh Papalii, Luron Patea, Fonua Pole, Mia Pua’avase, Toafofoa Sipley, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Ryan Sutton, Leo Thompson, Sam Tuivaiti, Stefano Utoikamanu, Lazarus Vaalepu, Xavier Willison

An article in December 2023, about what players who can sign contracts in November 2024 for the 2026 season is peak rugby league journalism lol

..That said, I'd be totally fine with AFB leaving and just going with some youngsters for a year if we could get Leo or Griff for the following year, surely one of them will test the market... surely 🥲

From Fox Sports off contract for 2025

PROP

Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Josh Aloiai, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Jake Clydsdale, Reuben Cotter, Toby Couchman, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui, Chris Faagutu, Viliami Fifita, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler, Thomas Hazelton, Jack Hetherington, Jaiyden Hunt, Royce Hunt, Corey Jensen, Tui Kamikamica, Oregon Kaufusi, Kitione Kautoga, Josh Kerr, Josh King, Spencer Leniu, Ben Liyou, Davvy Moale, Griffin Neame, Mark Nicholls, Joe Ofahengaue, Josiah Pahulu, Keenan Palasia, Josh Papalii, Luron Patea, Fonua Pole, Mia Pua’avase, Toafofoa Sipley, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Ryan Sutton, Leo Thompson, Sam Tuivaiti, Stefano Utoikamanu, Lazarus Vaalepu, Xavier Willison
Bit deceptive- these guys are all off contract end of 25- so not available till 2026….
It should read off contract end of 2025 not for 2025.
Lots of water to go under the bridge before then.

That did throw a spanner in the works. Capewell is more of a like-for-like replacement for Curran, but they still want to add to the front row stocks next season and if Capewell decides he doesn’t want to join the Warriors, the club will quickly move on and try to sign another backrower.

Offering a three-year contract to a 30-year-old does come with risks, but he is seen as a player who’ll help the club go through a transition period.

There are some exceptionally talented young forwards at the Warriors, such as Jacob Laban, Demitric Sifakula and Zyon Maiu’u, but they’re not ready yet and should be coming through to be NRL-level regulars in two to three years, but will be able to get some experience at that level over the next couple of years and will be able to learn lots from Capewell.

By the time Capewell finishes, or Jackson Ford has moved on, the younger players will be ready to go.
Like for like with Curran. You’re dreaming. Curren is average at best.

Back