Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Metcalf
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2023/round-13/warriors-vs-brisbane/summary.html
Anybody have news on his injury? Broken leg confirmed?

This could result in TMM being one of the sports stories of the year.
Forced out of the game with a brain bleed.
Makes his way back via grass roots NZ rugby league.
Back to the NRL with Brisbane.
Grand Final winner with the Warriors 2024.
whats crazy is last year against newcastle TMM broke his leg and a few weeks like metcalf replaced him. this year metcalf breaks his leg and TMM replaces him

so does metcalf come back for week 1 of the finals agaisnt penrith?

I can’t remember another player that I have felt for so much in regards to sympathy regarding their injuries. I really feel for the guy!

Even when I think of Benji in the early years, or of Brent Tate and his knee issues injuries, I felt for them too but both had achieved a lot on the early stages of their careers, whereas Metcalf has just been showing what he is capable of and then just when you think that next great step was coming for him something goes wrong. This one was also just an unfortunate innocuous tackle as well.

Take care young fella and look forward to seeing the return.

It's a real shame, but also raises some concerns for me. He just seems to be injured so much! Can we go into a season with Metcalf the leading 7? I know I'm way ahead of myself.

It will be interesting to see who's wearing the 7 jersey at cup on Saturday.

Surely the warriros being the first game on super Saturday, will have our cup team on fox?
It could be Hanson at 7, Farr at 6 if our first grade team selection wishes come true for this week.

It's a real shame, but also raises some concerns for me. He just seems to be injured so much! Can we go into a season with Metcalf the leading 7? I know I'm way ahead of myself.

It will be interesting to see who's wearing the 7 jersey at cup on Saturday.

Surely the warriros being the first game on super Saturday, will have our cup team on fox?
Don't know about injury prone.
Unfortunately it's the severity.
Good player.
Bad luck.
Been plenty of them through history
Meninga Tate and more recently Turbo

Last edited:
I am not too concerned about his injuries.

The hamstring you could say was mechanical. Hence the reason to work with sports scientists to adjust his running style.

This was one of those things that happen in a game.

Some injured players in the past their on going injuries have been related to the previous injury. Daley for example hurt his back or hamstring which then went down to issues down the leg. Knee and ankle for example. Think there was talk about his future similar to Benji. Hopefully his luck will turn around.

The length of time he is expected to be out looks like late this season is possible. It would depend on getting games back and getting confidence. If not next year he will be like a new recruit.

It's a shame as by all accounts trained well during the off season so getting selected was a reward. Now he's got to work his way back.

whats crazy is last year against newcastle TMM broke his leg and a few weeks like metcalf replaced him. this year metcalf breaks his leg and TMM replaces him

so does metcalf come back for week 1 of the finals agaisnt penrith?
It is pretty spooky. I've been saying the debate to partner Johnson in the halve will likely go on into next season. I can see TMM or CHT going well in that position making the decision a tough one when Metcalf is available. Or as has been happening Metcalf will be available and one of the others will go down injured.

It is pretty spooky. I've been saying the debate to partner Johnson in the halve will likely go on into next season. I can see TMM or CHT going well in that position making the decision a tough one when Metcalf is available. Or as has been happening Metcalf will be available and one of the others will go down injured.
The unfortunate thing is when you have genuine competition for positions sometimes injury is going to decide who is in that position long term.

I dont see CHT as a half anymore to me he should be the number 14 going forward. I also reckon by the start of next year hes going to have sylan walkers spot on the bench. That is a conversation for another thread

What i predict will happen is either TMM comes in and he absolutely clicks with everyone, and the warriors are firing on all cylinders into the top 4 and finals OR things are still clunky, and we are floating around the top 8 somewhere and whatever they belief they had in metcalf becomes reinforced and they try and get him back early into the halves

The unfortunate thing is when you have genuine competition for positions sometimes injury is going to decide who is in that position long term.

I dont see CHT as a half anymore to me he should be the number 14 going forward. I also reckon by the start of next year hes going to have sylan walkers spot on the bench. That is a conversation for another thread

What i predict will happen is either TMM comes in and he absolutely clicks with everyone, and the warriors are firing on all cylinders into the top 4 and finals OR things are still clunky, and we are floating around the top 8 somewhere and whatever they belief they had in metcalf becomes reinforced and they try and get him back early into the halves
Obviously disappointed to lose Metcalf but hey we play a tough game.
Tmm looked good in NSW cup but you can be assured the difference between Cup and NRL is night and day.
Hopefully he can do the job.

Metcalf was our running threat in the halves. TMM needs to come in and think run first
I see it from a different angle, Metcalf does not run straight seemingly avoiding getting smashed (smart choice of course from a personal point of view) and in trying to run around severely cuts down space for others outside him.
TMM rarely tries to run around, he creates space for others to flourish if they are able by taking the line on. I believe he'll go very well with RTS in that respect. Generally he's not a highlights guy.