Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Yep!

Only thing is that he'll be 34 years old during the 2025 season, is that too old for us?
He's on pretty limited minutes at the tits already but what I can see is he's doing well for those 20 odd minutes. He posted more minutes in round 6 against raiders and didn't embarrass himself.

I think see how it is near the years end and how Zyon Maiu’u goes. Then weigh if we think Liu is better than Jazz who is also off contract.

He's on pretty limited minutes at the tits already but what I can see is he's doing well for those 20 odd minutes. He posted more minutes in round 6 against raiders and didn't embarrass himself.

I think see how it is near the years end and how Zyon Maiu’u goes. Then weigh if we think Liu is better than Jazz who is also off contract.
I love the idea of Zyon Maiu’u. He was a big kid who was athletic and explosive on the edge in age grade rugby league. Problem is he’s stopped growing and everyone caught up to him and many surpassed him. The big middle forwards now seem to by and large handle his athletic abilities which has him searching for how to best approach his running game. I don’t think things are looking great for him as he isn’t an endurance athlete either. I hope I’m wrong and he finds an approach that works, but with all the opportunities to blood him and a seeming hesitancy things aren’t looking great.

Also manage by Moses I believe. We have a no Moses policy after kearny
Entirely incorrect. Kearney was managed by Moses. As soon as he signed we signed around 5 players from that same stable. Same thing happened at Broncos and now at Manly under Seibold.

Also manage by Moses I believe. We have a no Moses policy after kearny
I think Schuster is managed by Crown Sports. Moses has taken over Manly with the most number of people (Seibold, coaching assistants and players) who are under his management now over other agencies at Manly.

Brooks, Talau and Lodge are the only players I can remember that are with Moses at Manly but I believe there’s 5-7 other players as well. Probably pushed Josh out so no competition for Brooks’ spot 😂🤷‍♂️

Liu would be great depth next year with a cheap price just look at how depleted we are right now, Jazz probably keep at this moment as he still seem to have energy and D, unless his legs give way and he retires

Liu would be great depth next year with a cheap price just look at how depleted we are right now, Jazz probably keep at this moment as he still seem to have energy and D, unless his legs give way and he retires
I feel he would do real well under our systems. If cheap it’s a no brainer.

I love the idea of Zyon Maiu’u. He was a big kid who was athletic and explosive on the edge in age grade rugby league. Problem is he’s stopped growing and everyone caught up to him and many surpassed him. The big middle forwards now seem to by and large handle his athletic abilities which has him searching for how to best approach his running game. I don’t think things are looking great for him as he isn’t an endurance athlete either. I hope I’m wrong and he finds an approach that works, but with all the opportunities to blood him and a seeming hesitancy things aren’t looking great.
He is listed as 1CM taller but 1KG lighter than Moses Leota. Moeaki Fotuaika is 2CM taller, Francis Molo is the same height and Hame Sele is 1CM shorter. Can probably find more but the NRL isn't done with the 6 foot prop yet.

So in the last day people on here have talked about maybe signing Issac Liu , Albert Vete and Josh Schuster.
These are not Webby standard Warriors players.
Yes we have a few middles injured at the moment. It’s not like that every year though. Next year it might be wingers and centres. We have plenty of decent middles in the club now JFH is coming.
Jazz is almost done. Little body is catching up with him. I’d replace him with a TSS or someone of similar age.
The future is bright. Half the battle in the NRL is injuries. Look at both Newcastle and Canberra. Both will struggle this season without Ponga and Fogarty.
That’s why Penrith is so good. Lose Cleary and they just roll on.

Yes we have a few middles injured at the moment. It’s not like that every year though. Next year it might be wingers and centres. We have plenty of decent middles in the club now JFH is coming.
I still think we're still short one more middle, a big bodied one at that.

Even before the JFH signing most felt we were rolling the dice somewhat not having back up if Addin went down, JFH signing hasnt changed that. Someone like a Tof Sipley in the rotation wouldve been ideal.

Then again (even tho i havent seen anything in his lower grade performances to suggest it) if Zyon Maiu’u has a stormer and can kick on to a Moses Leota type that'd be handy.......big ask tho.

I still think we're still short one more middle, a big bodied one at that.

Even before the JFH signing most felt we were rolling the dice somewhat not having back up if Addin went down, JFH signing hasnt changed that. Someone like a Tof Sipley in the rotation wouldve been ideal.

Then again (even tho i havent seen anything in his lower grade performances to suggest it) if Zyon Maiu’u has a stormer and can kick on to a Moses Leota type that'd be handy.......big ask tho.
Sipley could be a realistic target for a compassionate release if they sign Lodge, if Sipley was to want to return