Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Geez tough question, no idea what Hunt or BHU earn but have obviously heard the rumoured figure we are offering BHU. Hunt is high impact but very low minutes. BHU is below average impact & below average minutes. I hate either option however if I had to pick then perhaps Hunt assuming he is on lower coin.
Hunt is a slightly better defender.

Loool. Mate I can get Bris - Syd faster than you can get Auckland airport to the CBD. You have no cl
Loool. Mate I can get Bris - Syd faster than you can get Auckland airport to the CBD. You have no clue.
And your point is?
Think you have been spending too much time in Moronfield and Depression Bay.

Great story, Wayde’s younger brother Tallan has joined the U19 team to kickstart his footy career.

Also mentioned were hints of Wayde one day potentially donning the kiwis jersey.
Anyone know much about Tallan? He doesn't appear to have played any Harold Matt's coming through

Anyone know much about Tallan? He doesn't appear to have played any Harold Matt's coming through

Goal kicking Half/Five Eighth from what I can find online, can't see full articles though

I don't know what our hooker depth is like after Fukofuka, but might be better off making that transition if he can't beat out the Sorics of the world?

Even if he maybe isn't up to standard as a player (Mt Wellington did a little breakdown on the trials and said he went well enough though), I am happy for us to be dabbling in a bit of nepotism when it comes to keeping the best hooker we've ever had happy lol

Goal kicking Half/Five Eighth from what I can find online, can't see full articles though

I don't know what our hooker depth is like after Fukofuka, but might be better off making that transition if he can't beat out the Sorics of the world?

Even if he maybe isn't up to standard as a player (Mt Wellington did a little breakdown on the trials and said he went well enough though), I am happy for us to be dabbling in a bit of nepotism when it comes to keeping the best hooker we've ever had happy lol
The more I watch Paul Roache, the more I think he’s a dummy half like his brother. Seems hard to stop close to the line. Got a good try in the trial and another in the NZa game in similar fashion. Passing looks fairly decent too.

Zyon Maiu’u given only 2 weeks suspension! that's a win by the club.
Does anyone know if the 2nd trial count as his first game? If so he would be available from round 2.
Also on wikipedia they have Tom Ales height as 184cm(6.0feet)
Zyons much bigger then Ale from the eye test
The second trial does not count as one week of his suspension. I saw this on the NRL site relating to another player.

From what I’ve seen so far, dragons fans are making it out to be a quality signing. Have even gone as far to say most clubs would be willing to pay a similar price for his services….
Interesting! What are your thoughts - would you be happy if the Warriors paid $900k per year for Leilua?

Given the majority on here have baulked at $700k for BHU (and some baulking at the uncertain amount we're paying for Niukore), I'd be surprised if our club would happy to pay that for Leilua.

Not good business IMO, but I suspect the Dragons have been keen to show they can get wins given they haven't made any big name signings.

Interesting! What are your thoughts - would you be happy if the Warriors paid $900k per year for Leilua?

Given the majority on here have baulked at $700k for BHU (and some baulking at the uncertain amount we're paying for Niukore), I'd be surprised if our club would happy to pay that for Leilua.

Not good business IMO, but I suspect the Dragons have been keen to show they can get wins given they haven't made any big name signings.
Too much. Not a bad player but moved about a bit. Suspect he might be high maintenance character which out weighs his value.

Flanagan is nothing if not a fucking giant narcissist. Getting turned down by everyone would have stung, the Volkman media trial would have stung, Ben Hunt dramas etc. Flanagan needed a win, any win, or anything he can paint as a win for his ego.

Back