• B

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • F------

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Screenshot_2024-04-14-13-00-42-25_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

That's the Melbourne Storm' coaching team's attitude: Play to the existing rules, push the existing rules as far as we can to suit us until the NRL screams "STOOOOOPP!!"
Should be any professional outfit's attitude shouldnt it? (not talking about the near breaking of limbs style of wrestling they pioneered either)......get a knock in the head....go down boys (or at least take your time, feel the jaw...that sort of thing) enough for the bunker to see a replay.....why wouldnt you.

And for those that think that we're squeaky clean on that front and SJs little performance was the first.....watch Dallin every week....the permed one knows how to milk it......Chanel as well.

Do we get to play them again at Sunny Pines or whatever it's called now, let's see how they like it on a dry track so we can use our width and Roger can step again.
Their fans are salivating for the return match calling this one a WWE style manufactured result for the golden boys ( us apparently lol) and we won’t get the same ‘preferential treatment’ at 4 pines

Ref. A couple of things I noticed yesterday which I was wondering if you could tell us about.

When DCE would kick on the last tackle, it was usually Harris putting pressure on him. He’d run at DCE and, at the last moment, turn his back on DCE and not touch him. While the Manly players seemed to always grab Johnson after he had kicked the ball…. not enough to be called a tackle but enough to stop him following the ball. Is that a legal tactic or only if it’s not deemed hard enough to be a tackle?

The other thing I’d notice is where the ref was setting the defensive line during a dominant tackle when the attacker was being pushed back but before the tackle was completed or he called out “Held”. Is the 10m from where the tackle commenced or from where it had been completed because there was time Manly were pushed backwards 4-5m but the ref didn’t allow the Warriors to move forward so there ended up being 14-15m away from the play the ball? Makes me wonder if pushing an attacker backwards is worth it if the refs going to hold the defensive line that far back.

Not a game we deserved to win, but a game we could have won. I was watching where SJ positioned himself before what would have been a FG attempt and saw him point to where he wanted Harris to do one more hit up. I was thinking… take the shot. He didn’t…. Harris took the ball forward and lost it in the tackle.
To your first point I guess they might be trying to niggle him or as you say disrupt his chase. The ref probably thinks there is only a minor ineffective and harmless offence occurring and lets it go but it’s still an offence.

Your second point.
The tacklers should stop driving the ball carrier when the first call is made but that never happens.
The ref doesn’t want to penalise a team that totally dominates the tackle so maybe takes the better option of making the defensively line bigger.
I like it.

Accidental offside is not a penalty. Only when it's deliberate.
Agreed, deliberate is like your fullback knocks it on near your try line and you dive on it 5m out to avoid the opposition grabbing it for a try.

It's fairly up to the discretion of the ref though it would seem, as lots of similar cases have different outcomes.

Last edited:
Also I know we don't compete for bombs, but are we that rigid that we let SJ put up a bomb near the end of golden point. Get into the vicinity, wait, and just make a tackle?

Like step out of the process for one second boys, or are we robots now?
Competing means keeping your eyes on the ball before and after you jump.

We weren't fantastic but we managed to claw it back and earn a competition point.

We also haven't lost since round 2. So three wins and a draw is a pretty good run to be on.

We have experienced players who will know they will need to improve and not allow a team to get up 16-0. The coaching staff will also be onto them.

We should improve next week after using this as a bit of a wake up call. We will get some good performance and some not so good performances at this time of the year. If we were great to start the season it would be challenge to maintain it. Hopefully we are hitting our straps the last 5 rounds and finals.
We must have been reading the press after our magnificent win last week. Manly obviously were too! We need to keep a cap on it and trust Webby to push this from now on. A very good wake up call. so we move on

Back