Height (cm)
183 cm
Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Second Row
Signed From
Kelston Boys High School
Pretty sure there was a shoulder on head game in All Stars match (but could’ve been the Saturday games) where player was knocked out and I think only a penalty. Def no 10 in bin. I thort at time refs were being lenient due to All Star/Pre season type game.
If Zion gets 4 wks then all I’m after is consistency

Pretty sure there was a shoulder on head game in All Stars match (but could’ve been the Saturday games) where player was knocked out and I think only a penalty. Def no 10 in bin. I thort at time refs were being lenient due to All Star/Pre season type game.
If Zion gets 4 wks then all I’m after is consistency
Yeah it was unintentional, the player dropped as he tried to put the shot on.

Fainus' uppercut\forearm was intentional though and it was his second dog shot within 10 minutes.

I appreciate the severity of Zyon Maiu’u's attempted tackle, but it didn't scream at me that his intent was to put his shoulder into the guy's face... It was technically lazy and a bit unfortunate, and he is now paying the price for not controlling his aggression/technique.

However, how Samuela Fainu only got a fine for his shot - for which he was put in the bin - is beyond me. The guy clenched his fist, showing his intent, and the only target he had was the Warriors player's (Ale's?) head because two Tigers players were otherwise in the way. If the NRL is serious about avoiding head injuries and cleaning up the game, dog shots as well as accidental/unfortunate head shots need to be stamped out!

If the tigers player had popped right back up I think it would have just been a penalty, yellow at worst. Unfortunately he smacked his head very hard on the ground and Zyon Maiu’u got maximum severity because of it. Really looked like he hit him with his chest, which I feel like is quite different from a shoulder. Pretty hard to hit someone dirty with your chest, like that's where you're supposed to tackle them from.

If the tigers player had popped right back up I think it would have just been a penalty, yellow at worst. Unfortunately he smacked his head very hard on the ground and Zyon Maiu’u got maximum severity because of it. Really looked like he hit him with his chest, which I feel like is quite different from a shoulder. Pretty hard to hit someone dirty with your chest, like that's where you're supposed to tackle them from.
Looked to me like shoulder to the head and he was out before he hit the ground.

Not often i applaud Union for some forward thinking rule changes but i see in Super Rugby this year in response to the impact a red card can have turning a contest into a non event, a team will have the ability to replace a red carded player 20 minutes after they've been sent off (the red carded player cant be the replacement).

As in both codes with the increasing focus on head contact will probably lead to more red cards than ever, i really like this move so the offending team gets sufficient punishment (offending player not able to return/20 minutes playing a man short) yet (particulary if the offence occurs early in the match) the match doesnt become a foregone conclusion and still has the chance to remain a contest.

Im hopeful the NRL will follow in this sooner rather than later.

Not often i applaud Union for some forward thinking rule changes but i see in Super Rugby this year in response to the impact a red card can have turning a contest into a non event, a team will have the ability to replace a red carded player 20 minutes after they've been sent off (the red carded player cant be the replacement).

As in both codes with the increasing focus on head contact will probably lead to more red cards than ever, i really like this move so the offending team gets sufficient punishment (offending player not able to return/20 minutes playing a man short) yet (particulary if the offence occurs early in the match) the match doesnt become a foregone conclusion and still has the chance to remain a contest.

Im hopeful the NRL will follow in this sooner rather than later.
SJ taken out in the third minute of the Grand Final with a shocking high tackle that knocks him out, ruling him out for the rest of the game.....

I don't think it needs tinkering with myself. Send offs in league are very few. I'm more worried about the consistency in sin bin rulings.

SJ taken out in the third minute of the Grand Final with a shocking high tackle that knocks him out, ruling him out for the rest of the game.....

I don't think it needs tinkering with myself. Send offs in league are very few. I'm more worried about the consistency in sin bin rulings.
Lol actually just noticed the dates on this article turns out the rules been active a couple of seasons now. Dont follow Rugby anyone know if its been good/indifferent/otherwise?

As per the SJ scenario, probably in the minority here but i think the contest/game is more important than individuals or ones club allegiances.....Union has seen viewers switch off in droves, largely down (imo) to rules that are making the game less and less a contest......i would never want my beloved code to go down that route.