Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Just in general, the media is dick riding SJ to hard and I’m the biggest SJ fan and bought his 200 game t shirt and everything. I’ve watched plenty of interviews all year with players they all get asked about how good SJ is going and this and that. I can see how it could be frustrating for a guy like AFB putting in monster efforts and the media making it all about SJ. Every interview from different tv networks/radio networks with tohu and a few other players yesterday they were asked about SJ. There’s plenty of blokes busting ass this year to get us the wins not just SJ as some of the media make it out to be. Just my thoughts coming from an SJ fan even in the shit years.
Yeah I cringe at the SJ questions from the media this year. Mainly because it’s the exact same question - “why/what/how good is SJ playing this year”. There’s no nuance to it, it’s just asking the same dozen people the exact same question every week for a year.

Just in general, the media is dick riding SJ to hard and I’m the biggest SJ fan and bought his 200 game t shirt and everything. I’ve watched plenty of interviews all year with players they all get asked about how good SJ is going and this and that. I can see how it could be frustrating for a guy like AFB putting in monster efforts and the media making it all about SJ. Every interview from different tv networks/radio networks with tohu and a few other players yesterday they were asked about SJ. There’s plenty of blokes busting ass this year to get us the wins not just SJ as some of the media make it out to be. Just my thoughts coming from an SJ fan even in the shit years.
C'mon Jeetz: lets face it AFB doesn't get the girls all wet like Shaun does:cool:

This is a very interesting point wrighty.
Mind u they seemed to have a lot of 6 agains.
Does any know the totals? Seems like they got heaps and we got fark all?
1694932456220.png

This is a very interesting point wrighty.
Mind u they seemed to have a lot of 6 agains.
Does any know the totals? Seems like they got heaps and we got fark all?
There were two I though were a bit ruff. The first one TMM got penalised straight away for holding too long. Should have been 6 again, but the Knights were struggling to get momentum.
The second one, i think was after a long break in play for an injury. It was the last tackle and there was plenty of time for both sides to be set and in position. As soon as the ball was played the ref called "six again"
Both felt dodgy to me, but maybe others saw it differently.

Does anyone know a way to watch the Sky Sports Post Game show?

I thought I could go back 24 HR on sky sport now, but since the program started 25 hours ago I can't watch it. Even though the bit I want is only 23 hr ago 😅😅

I thought I could go back 24 HR on sky sport now, but since the program started 25 hours ago I can't watch it. Even though the bit I want is only 23 hr ago 😅😅
Try the Aussie league show that started straight after, the first part of that was the end of the post game show.

Is Barnett similar size to niukore? I know Barnett is small for his position compared to ex team mates from photos but he's still just as effective. Just seen a couple runs and both him and niukore ran similar lines according to my half drunk mind.
13:30 to 14:00 mins in the sky replay i believe.

There were two I though were a bit ruff. The first one TMM got penalised straight away for holding too long. Should have been 6 again, but the Knights were struggling to get momentum.
The second one, i think was after a long break in play for an injury. It was the last tackle and there was plenty of time for both sides to be set and in position. As soon as the ball was played the ref called "six again"
The Martin one was 100% a penalty, we had them shot to bits pinned, he made his tackle and it was held, then he proceeded to work him over way too far.

It was a really silly play from Martin given how well we had them pinned, an unnecessary pressure reliever.

The tmm infringement was inside their 40 metre line
So no 6 again just straight penalty
A new rule this year

The most decisive 6 again was the one Rocco berry earned after his big charge with the score at 16 to 10
Knights didn’t hold him down at all really but so strong was his run he charmed the ref into giving him a penalty
That was a key turning point

Time to focus - it was a fantastic win, but that wasn't the final. New focus ahead, and it's a much tougher assignment.

Random thoughts - reiterate Glen Larmer is appalling to listen to sometimes, Adam G was again showing some hideous refereeing, mostly against the Warriors, Pompey stepped up well, Berry had the game of his season, TMM was fantastic on defence, and we're a different team with Shaun.

Everyone stepped up, let's do it again this week :) what's the odds on a Storm/Warriors final???

I trained myself to adapt to listening to Glen Lamar, case of needs must. I just figured stuff it, I am not going to let anything spoil Warriors home games.

It helps to remember he is a just another Rugby League fan who managed to land the job of a life time and that he must be enjoying the call this year, slowly but surely you get used to his voice and as a fan you are better for it.

Power of the mind and all that bollocks. It works but.

It’s probably overlapped with Matt johns show?

The moments I knew we would win was was before the match
1) Fitzgibbon was ruled out and he had been the form second rower of the comp this year in my eyes
2) the interview of Barnett in the pre gamr show
His answers spoke about sticking to the game plan, you could see from his conviction there really was a game plan and that everyone believed in the coaches
When I listened to him be so bought into the team system I knew we had it but didn’t make into posts of that kind to not jinx it.

I wouldn't be critical of the coaching staff.
More likely DWZ has lost a bit of confidence in his inside defensive centers.
Last night's game should have rectified that.
Some habits are hard to break.
Continuity of the selection process is a major influence on outcomes.
I have stated here before that messing with combos at this time of the season is fraught with danger 😳
I was very critical of Dwizz when he jammed. But when I watched the replay they were outnumbered because of how Ponga added the extra man. Just like how CNK does for us. If Dwizz had stayed on his man, Berry would have had to mark Ponga and his centre. The only solution I can see is if CNK had crossed over to add the extra defensive man, but would need him to sprint to the wing or jump in at 7 and everybody else slides out to make the numbers even.

I trained myself to adapt to listening to Glen Lamar, case of needs must. I just figured stuff it, I am not going to let anything spoil Warriors home games.

It helps to remember he is a just another Rugby League fan who managed to land the job of a life time and that he must be enjoying the call this year, slowly but surely you get used to his voice and as a fan you are better for it.

I have also got used to Dalai.

I think I would rather have Glen Lamar than Warren Smith who did the Foxtel call yesterday. My heart sank when Vossy did the Roosters Storm game though fark we are going to get Smith on Fox

Back