NRL NRL Naughty chair

He stuffed up big time.
The Roosters have made this 10 times worse imo.
If they come out Monday with this statement we could’ve stopped all the conjecture and debating.
Deserves a decent suspension and the media man for the roosters should be looking on Seek this afternoon.
No one knows what went on behind the scenes?

Did the Roosters want to put it to bed on Monday but Leniu wanted to fight the charge

Or

Did Leniu want to admit as soon as the charge was laid but the Roosters wanted to fight it

Or

Was it something in between

If the hearing was held last Tuesday would this have been resolved earlier and so is there some criticism of the NRL

Apart from the sentence outcome it is now over

No one knows what went on behind the scenes?

Did the Roosters want to put it to bed on Monday but Leniu wanted to fight the charge

Or

Did Leniu want to admit as soon as the charge was laid but the Roosters wanted to fight it

Or

Was it something in between

If the hearing was held last Tuesday would this have been resolved earlier and so is there some criticism of the NRL

If Leniu lied to Roosters management saying he didn’t say it and changed his tune later in the week, I would almost rip his contract up.
They should’ve known 1 hour after the game, either way, this is a professional organisation.
I’m more leaning to the Roosters trying to play silly buggars .
But like you say, just the sentence left so hopefully Spencer and Mam can move on.
Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth regarding the Roosters handling of this.

Maybe… except he has admitted saying it but denied he used it as a racist remark. Was it racist? How does the NRL make that decision?

The NRL still has to make a judgement call on how bad what he said was.

I don’t actually like sporting codes making judgement calls about society stuff. The NRL is making a call on what’s right and wrong in areas outside sport. I don’t like the NRL deciding which of ‘monkey’ or ‘faggot’ deserves more punishment. I’m uneasy where different social groups could have different perspectives of different terms but the NRL is being an authority on language.

They obviously have to address it but I think it would be better a standardised penalty, say x week for a contrary conduct charge and more of the penalty is done in-house around education and making a better person rather than straight punishment.

Something that I haven’t seen mentioned is that there is a lot of friction between young aboriginals and Polynesians in australia.
My nephews came over from Aranui high which always carried a rep in chch but reckoned it was nothing compared to Ipswich high- them and their mates(all polys) were blueing on the daily and always with the indigenous boys.
I wonder how all this has gone across in the schoolyard….

Something that I haven’t seen mentioned is that there is a lot of friction between young aboriginals and Polynesians in australia.
My nephews came over from Aranui high which always carried a rep in chch but reckoned it was nothing compared to Ipswich high- them and their mates(all polys) were blueing on the daily and always with the indigenous boys.
I wonder how all this has gone across in the schoolyard….
This exact thought was on my mind. As someone that lives in NZ I wondered how the relationship is between the 2 cultures in Australia.

Maybe… except he has admitted saying it but denied he used it as a racist remark. Was it racist? How does the NRL make that decision?
Don't they have to apply the same thinking as they did with Montoya?
Montoya called feldt a fag because he was lying down being soft not because he was gay, but he still got punished for essentially using what could be used as anti gay slang.

So leniu has to have the same rules applied, he needs to be punished for using racist language.

Don't they have to apply the same thinking as they did with Montoya?
Montoya called feldt a fag because he was lying down being soft not because he was gay, but he still got punished for essentially using what could be used as anti gay slang.

So leniu has to have the same rules applied, he needs to be punished for using racist language.
I get all that but do they give the exact same penalty as Montoya or else the message is that racism is better or worse than Homophobia - a no win situation.

And then is monkey different to calling someone say the ‘n’ word.

I’m saying he needs to be punished but I don’t like the NRL passing relativity judgement on which is worse.

I get all that but do they give the exact same penalty as Montoya or else the message is that racism is better or worse than Homophobia - a no win situation.

I’m saying he needs to be punished but I don’t like the NRL passing relativity judgement on which is worse.
Think it’s very different to the Montoya situation because Montoya owned it straight away whereas Leniu tried to carry on the fun and games rhetoric. There’s also the late night incident of players from the two teams meeting up that I think they need to come down on hard. This is the second instance where Leniu has publicly stated around things like meeting up in the car park to sort it out

He should no contrition until the club released a statement... and caused much more offence... on the games biggest stage.

He's getting more weeks than Montoya

Back