Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Kiwi In Tasmania Kiwi In Tasmania you are my H2H opponent this week and you will have to make some changes to your lineup fast while there is the opportunity to. RTS, Papenhuyzen, Hynes and Brandon Smith are not playing this weekend. Papenhuyzen is out for at least four weeks so you should consider trading him out.

And now Fizzays Raskals' Captain N Hynes is staying behind when the Cronulla Sharks run on to the field...

At present they have a slender lead of 199, so they could be ripe for the taking! :)

Would it be possible to already (if the rules allowed it obviously and have their average points added together for a Fantasy Team Total) pick a full Fantasy team of just injured players?

Still playing irrespective of the results.

And now Fizzays Raskals' Captain N Hynes is staying behind when the Cronulla Sharks run on to the field...

At present they have a slender lead of 199, so they could be ripe for the taking! :)

Would it be possible to already (if the rules allowed it obviously and have their average points added together for a Fantasy Team Total) pick a full Fantasy team of just injured players?

Still playing irrespective of the results.
I reckon you could go pretty close for sure.

Wrighty Wrighty maybe do a roll call after this round to see who is still actually playing
Four rounds ago I requested that everyone post in the thread where they were standing in the ladder be that in the over run league or in the OG league and only 50% of peeps responded so if i do another general call out I will get a patchy response.
I think just let it roll Tyrael. People who give up or go MIA will end up last as they will end up with injured players in their line ups. I am ok with beating such people based on my longevity of keeping my team up to date dilligently through 27 rounds vs someone more experienced than I am but who for whatever reason dropped out. I see it as a marathon rather than a sprint if that makes sense.
From here on in expect that in 50% of your encounters you will come up against an MIA person. Bank the victory when you do and the following week you will be up against a Live person and it will be all on again. Many H2H leagues must go through the same issue.
Makes ssnse? How does that land.

Four rounds ago I requested that everyone post in the thread where they were standing in the ladder be that in the over run league or in the OG league and only 50% of peeps responded so if i do another general call out I will get a patchy response.
I think just let it roll Tyrael. People who give up or go MIA will end up last as they will end up with injured players in their line ups. I am ok with beating such people based on my longevity of keeping my team up to date dilligently through 27 rounds vs someone more experienced than I am but who for whatever reason dropped out. I see it as a marathon rather than a sprint if that makes sense.
From here on in expect that in 50% of your encounters you will come up against an MIA person. Bank the victory when you do and the following week you will be up against a Live person and it will be all on again. Many H2H leagues must go through the same issue.
Makes sense. Maybe tag everyone though? I find if you don't visit a thread for a while, you don't get a notification

Bear in mind Tyrael I won't be asking people for a response of any kind due to the reasons I said before, more just a general encouragement to keep playing,

I feel like if 50% of both comps don't play then just combine imo
The problem is the mechanics and jurisprudence issues with kicking out for being MIA. It is too problematic. What if someone has been MIA for two weeks but has every intention of joining in again soon.

Further thoughts the rules for MIA would have to been in place for the start of the competition for MIA to be fair to everyone so every one knew up front. It is not fair to implement it mid year. Next year we will think of a MIA rule. The other issue is that I don't even think is possible to combine the two leagues using the active players for example what would happen to the Head to Head wins people had accumulated. So I think we just need to roll with this. On the upside for me is that I won't come last !!!!

Fantasy football is like me playing golf games on the computer, if I'm not doing well, I'm turning it off or restarting.

I feel like most of those MIA are there are like that. I take no pleasure in beating a team with 14 players.

Completely agree. People quit for various reasons - miss one week and bomb out and realise they're not going to win the competition and quit, not enough time (which arises because they take too much time to work out their trades) to give to the competition etc etc.
The amusing part will be when 2 MIAs (for the Non-MIAs, will we find out who they are?) go H2H. Which "Quitter" left their team in the best position? Be damn uncomfortable (especially for those of us who are into all the NRL Fantasy analysis we've got access to!) if an MIA has lucked on the perfect team (and given the number of injuries, boy Lady Luck would surely be that MIA's BFF!) and wins their League...:D