Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Let’s do that then

The overall champion will be the person with the most points regardless of what league they are in
Thanks also Dan for your earlier answer
so there is an option to create an open league meaning there is no head to head and its just most points wins at the end of the year. There are no limits on how many people can join.

Dont know how much work is involved in it but have everyone join that one and then run head to head for those who are keen on it.
Is a group chat available where only the people who are playing can chat to each other?
like a discord group?

so there is an option to create an open league meaning there is no head to head and its just most points wins at the end of the year. There are no limits on how many people can join.

Dont know how much work is involved in it but have everyone join that one and then run head to head for those who are keen on it.

like a discord group?
I reckon having the head to head makes it more fun during the season haha. Can still crown an overall winner at the end.

Is a group chat available where only the people who are playing can chat to each other?
You can add multiple people to a DM chat. Used to do it with the game day torrents a few years back.

You can add multiple people to a DM chat. Used to do it with the game day torrents a few years back.
1706584064397.png

On the conversation page, you can invite multiple people to the conversation using the 'invite more' link.

How long has everyone been playing NRL Fantasy?
I've been a regular for most of the last 10 years, have finished in the top 1000 a couple of years but largely have been pretty average.

With the introduction of a 17th team it's made things more difficult as there is one team with a bye every week, so you can't load up heavy from one club as if you do, their bye week you're gunna be missing all your key players and will lose that week, so there's a few different things to consider...

Anyways happy hunting everyone, good luck turning those cash cows in to gold 😜
15 years haha

What is the maximum number of players from one club you experienced guys would go with for round one boys?

Does 5 Warriors sound like too many??? I have three starters and two bench players out of Mt Smart - I started with a lot more lol
It depends bro. I’ve got 3 eels players & 4 raiders. Zero warriors players haha they’re not priced well, if avoid tbh. And I definitely wouldn’t be picking any bench players as an fyi

Overflow group sign up list

1 Dantheman commissioner
2 Wrighty organiser
3 tookey
4 mr blonde
5 rizzah
6 Jonesy101
7 warriorsfan92
8 chchfanatic
9 the truth
10 m51
11 Kiwi in Tasmania
12 Teets

I joined up yesterday for the first time and have picked a team in anticipation of the overflow comp getting set up. I don't really know the best strategy but have done the following. Would appreciate any feedback.

I've mixed it up with the players picked so it isn't heavy on a single club. When it's a bye round I'm guessing you are able to use the emergency players to fill spots?

For the bench and emergency players I've made sure there is enough coverage of middle, edge, hooker, halves and wing/fullback should a player in the starting 13 come down with injury. If they do are you able to move any player matching that position to the starting 13 and have a different mixture of positions on the bench from your emergency players?

I haven't gone for a single player over the late 600k mark so have a larger group of mid-range but still good players for the starting 13, some lesser on the bench and some low tier in the emergency, but have picked every player based on their likelihood of being in the week-in week-out 17 for their club.

I joined up yesterday for the first time and have picked a team in anticipation of the overflow comp getting set up. I don't really know the best strategy but have done the following. Would appreciate any feedback.

I've mixed it up with the players picked so it isn't heavy on a single club. When it's a bye round I'm guessing you are able to use the emergency players to fill spots?

For the bench and emergency players I've made sure there is enough coverage of middle, edge, hooker, halves and wing/fullback should a player in the starting 13 come down with injury. If they do are you able to move any player matching that position to the starting 13 and have a different mixture of positions on the bench from your emergency players?

I haven't gone for a single player over the late 600k mark so have a larger group of mid-range but still good players for the starting 13, some lesser on the bench and some low tier in the emergency, but have picked every player based on their likelihood of being in the week-in week-out 17 for their club.
You need a good captain as you get double points. You should have around 3-4 players over 600k. I’ve got 3, hynes Cleary & Robson. You need a good captain and vice captain

Imo it's always great to have 2 or 3 elite players - I think I've got Cleary, Haas and Drinkwater who are all top 5 in their spot.

I usually try to sneak one or two rookies 300k and under in my starting 13, which means I'm able to get those higher end players in too.

I'll probably steer clear of any players coming back to NRL (RTS, Xerri), new SL players (Kai Pearce Paul, Smithies) or players who were injured for a good chunk of last year (Beau Fermor, Turbo) as you don't know how well they'll perform.

There's a few players who have moved teams that look like they'll have a bigger role at their new club, or players who will benefit from older players retiring or moving on, those are the ones ill be interested in

Imo it's always great to have 2 or 3 elite players - I think I've got Cleary, Haas and Drinkwater who are all top 5 in their spot.

I usually try to sneak one or two rookies 300k and under in my starting 13, which means I'm able to get those higher end players in too.

I'll probably steer clear of any players coming back to NRL (RTS, Xerri), new SL players (Kai Pearce Paul, Smithies) or players who were injured for a good chunk of last year (Beau Fermor, Turbo) as you don't know how well they'll perform.

There's a few players who have moved teams that look like they'll have a bigger role at their new club, or players who will benefit from older players retiring or moving on, those are the ones ill be interested in
Agreed, only one I’m looking at is pepenheyzun who was injured last year

im shocked that there is a nrlfantasy comp (with an overflow comp) and there is yet to be a supercoach comp started by anyone. Doesnt anyone else realise Supercoach is the superior comp when it comes to fantasy! :)
I offered to start a SuperCoach league, if there is enough interest then I’ll set it up. It’s easily the higher profile comp, not sure if it’s better as haven’t played Fantasy.