NRL Round Discussion NRL Round 20, 2024 Discussion

Do you realise Manly's top team today had five former Wests players? Brooks, Tent, Al, TT2 and Simpkins. Then look at other clubs and you'll see former Wests players killing it.
Wests have had so much talent slip through their fingers that it would make an enthralling tragic comedy.

NZWarriors.com
Do you realise Manly's top team today had five former Wests players? Brooks, Tent, Al, TT2 and Simpkins. Then look at other clubs and you'll see former Wests players killing it.
Wests have had so much talent slip through their fingers that it would make an enthralling tragic comedy.
And Brown

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Cronk is the one I can't forgive - he just says really ****ing obvious stuff and dresses it as incisive analysis - it's like he has no real feel for a game, which (in my opinion) actually reflects backwards onto his career, leading me to think he was a nothing more than serviceable player in utterly stacked teams
I was saying the same thing to my wife. One of his best in the Manly game, the referee said forward pass at least 10 times. Cronk comes in about 1 minute later with "I think he's got them for a forward pass here"

Thanks captain!

Do you guys remember the old site he used to have where he tried to paint himself as a thinking intellectual?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
and Ciraldo was getting stuck into the officials after the match.

This is why I hate the doggies as a club.

Big difference between Ciraldo and Webster.

Yea we all bitch and moan about calls as supporters but fuck the doggies have some next level victim mentality from being in the bins for so long.

Yea we all bitch and moan about calls as supporters but fuck the doggies have some next level victim mentality from being in the bins for so long.
They also forget all the dodgy calls they have received this season that went their way. The no penalty in our game against them is only one example. If they get a referee that actually monitors the 10m and the ruck infringements I could see teams putting a score on them.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Yea we all bitch and moan about calls as supporters but **** the doggies have some next level victim mentality from being in the bins for so long.
I'm wondering if the Dogs have found Easts' blueprint to the salary sombrero. Their new 'bought not bred' motto has already gifted them a completely new team, and I read they recently added that long-haired bloke from Easts with the silly first name.

Just an FYI that Suaalii got himself a fine for his second knee lift of the season... bloke has received letters and warnings from the NRL for about 3yrs now, but just doesn't stop lifting his knees... maybe another fine for Uncle Nick to pay might see him finally change his style.

Going to be hilarious when he gets a red card and 8 week ban in his first game of union lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Grant Anderson out-playing Dominic Young should be grounds for Bellamy winning the 2024 coach of the year.

They'll give it to Ciraldo, but he's taken a Newcastle reserve grade player who looked every bit of it on debut and in 12 months has helped him become a quality winger. It was a shame his night ended the way it did, he's been very impressive this season.

Penrith just seem to find a knack of producing talent. I was only made aware of Jesse McLean through SC, I had no idea who Casey was until he started lighting up SG Ball and coming up the grades. I thought he was extremely impressive for the Panthers and he could play a real factor in their attempt at four straight.

On paper, it still feels like a Melbourne vs. Penrith final but this whole year has a Bradbury esque feel to it with injuries. Will all the key men be fit come finals time or will we see some more carnage heading into the finals?

That was hysterical: Cooper Cronk, The People's Poet.

An archive of that has to be available somewhere, doesn't it?
https://web.archive.org/ is your/our friend here. www.coopercronk.com Just not the Payback Machine. Wayback. :) But, yeah, if I'd known this existed all those years ago I wouldn't be so in awe of the guy....Bit Twatty, frankly.
And a lesson: Once it's on the internet, unless you're very lucky, via Google Search or The Wayback Machine, it's On. There. Forever.

I know some Warriors fans think Webster needs to call things out more in public ie in the press conference after the game etc but frankly, I'd rather he didn't. Yes, complain by all means. But out of the public eye. It's one thing to be losers. It's a whole different level to be losers screaming in public "It's not OUR FAULT! We had CRAP CALLS AGAINST US! It's a FRAUD! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"
Just quietly when the NRL admit they screwed up say "Yeah, we had a call from the NRL. They admit that was a bad call. Look, these things happen and frankly, some of what we did in the game meant we wouldn't have won anyway."

Back