NRL NRL Round 16, 2024 Discussion

Meany holding Fuller back. Professional foul under the circumstances. Nothing of course lol.

Reactions: j_p
Ahhh I’m just happy 1 plays 4. 1 wins. But the Wahs with all the adversity of the 11 man Sitch didn’t disgrace themselves last week against 1. And we beat 4.
We’re in the mix!

The Storm have their ordinary moments, but very few teams are as competitive as them. The Dolphins refused to go away and gave themselves a real opportunity but Melbourne just kept turning up and did everything they could to deny the Dolphins.

Nice to see Howarth have a break out game. It almost came to nought when he had the ball stolen at the death but he finally had the type of performance I've been expecting since 2019.

May as well pencil Melbourne into a Top 4 spot. It's just a matter of who joins them and Penrith as the true contenders of 2024.

How does our depth get massacred in one season yet the Storm seemed to cope with losing 3 starting forwards and come out the other side better. Bellamy is just incredible tbh. So frustrating that they have no salary cap issues yet we’re being torn apart.

Crazy situation for the Dolphins with the independent doctor ordering a player off the field, but the sideline officials insisting it use up a Dolphins interchange. Especially when you've had a 3 man bench for 77 minutes.
There are anomalies in how head injuries are dealt with, which isn't good enough considering the first version of a head bin came in back in 1987. However the medical understanding of head injuries - in particular the long term effects - has only permeated the NRL in more recent times.
One pet hate of mine is when some poor bloke is helped off the field after being knocked out cold, 10 minutes later the commentator reassures us, good news folks he's fine!
They should just say he's alive (!) and responsive, but I highly doubt he's 'fine'.

How does our depth get massacred in one season yet the Storm seemed to cope with losing 3 starting forwards and come out the other side better. Bellamy is just incredible tbh. So frustrating that they have no salary cap issues yet we’re being torn apart.
They're the best at finding depth players that can do a job when needed and giving them the tools to do their job. Most of our depth players unfortunately have no business being in the NRL.

Cavalo - broncosHQ said:
Lemuelu try. He's losing it, but did he lose it before it touches the ground. No separation and only lost when it hits the ground. I think it's a try by the rule book.
Bunker seemed to ignore that the on field referee called it a try. There was imo not evidence to overturn the referee's call of try.

Crazy situation for the Dolphins with the independent doctor ordering a player off the field, but the sideline officials insisting it use up a Dolphins interchange. Especially when you've had a 3 man bench for 77 minutes.
As I understood the situation the Phins didn’t display the HIA card when the player left the field

Lemuelu try. He's losing it, but did he lose it before it touches the ground. No separation and only lost when it hits the ground. I think it's a try by the rule book.

He has to have some downward pressure on the ball, even if it's only a little bit.

index.php

Even with the new interpretation with the grounding rules, this still applies.

There's no way he's got any downward pressure on the ball here.

index.php

Back