NRL NRL Round 13, 2024 Discussion

Roosters are a big side. If you can hold them for the first 30 minutes or so and tire them out then you are a good chance.

Roosters are a big side. If you can hold them for the first 30 minutes or so and tire them out then you are a good chance.
they had no bench this game due to origin. This was an origin impacted match.

As did the Cowboys.
Hi Canadian Warriors fan
(I lived in Canada for 15 years by the way before moving back to NZ - so nice to say hello)

The Roosters were like a warriors team today. A strong starting 13 and Zero on the bench. I felt like I was watching a Warriors match as I watched the Roosters implode with error after error after they ran out of gas and bad no real reserves off the bench to relieve them. When the Roosters reserves finally did come on they were 14 shades of useless. Especially Tupoinua and Wong. They both shat the bed and both will be dissapointed with their efforts and they both hurt their ladder pecking order rankings at the Roosters tonight as much as you can in a single match which is limited to be fair.
Cowboys had Taumolo off the bench so at least this gave them one experienced person off the bench and allowed Cowboys to win the bench battle.
The lesson for the Warriors is we need depth - we can't go all in for signing 3 $800K forwards and having no other money left for the bench spots. Part of the better performances by the Warriors in the past two weeks has been Afoa and Ale making statements off the bench.
Lots of parallels to the Warriors and lessons to be learned from this game.

Sorry for length of reply.

Last edited:
they had no bench this game due to origin. This was an origin impacted match.
Cowboys have 6 players selected for Origin, more than any other team. So, yes, it is an origin affected game but more so against the Cowboys. My point remains.

Even if you exclude this round, the Roosters are great if they get a roll on but are vulnerable if you can hold them for the first 30 minutes or so

Interesting all the boo haha re the penalty in golden point for Plath obstruction of the attempted charge down of ISAKO’s DG - the kick actually didn’t go over!!!

Cowboys have 6 players selected for Origin, more than any other team. So, yes, it is an origin affected game but more so against the Cowboys. My point remains.

Even if you exclude this round, the Roosters are great if they get a roll on but are vulnerable if you can hold them for the first 30 minutes or so
Goes without saying for most teams though TBF.

Back