Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Man all this talk about who will replace AFB, I say sit back and enjoy this season, 2024 is going to be epic!
I have decided to be patient and put this out of my mind. I figure they may leave the recruitment to Nov 1 and approach a top prop who comes off contract 2026 and then once they have secured him try to work a trade to get him immediately for 2025.

There’s a young athletic full back in SG Ball who’s pretty impressive. I think we have some good wings coming through and may have a decent fullback in the making. It’s that Pasikala kid. Looks to have some very good potential.
Pasikala is electric! Very raw talent, can make something out of nothing. Hopefully he is a good learner and can get some of the erratic stuff out of his game. Also fairly fresh out of Tonga so will be interesting to see how he goes.

Walsh would have scored a make up deal with Farmers

And happy to help out the Cowboys by saving them $700-800K for JT then dropping down after 2 years, I am not concerned a veteran super star is not putting on any effort for a coach who is trying to get rid of him, IMO his availability just went up if he’s doing this, the lid is about to come off

Walsh would have scored a make up deal with Farmers

And happy to help out the Cowboys by saving them $700-800K for JT then dropping down after 2 years, I am not concerned a veteran super star is not putting on any effort for a coach who is trying to get rid of him, IMO his availability just went up if he’s doing this, the lid is about to come off
$700-$800k for the remainder of his contract or for each season left on it?

If we were willing to pay $750,000 a season for BHU, JT is surely worth at least that.
Yeah we just need someone to get us parity when we have the ball.

We are not going to get the best five Props in the game next season, one is leaving, the others are under contract.

Playing off Egan is a platform good enough to revitalise the running meters of some of the guys who have fallen away bit, like JT and Klemmer.

Will be interesting to see how AFB goes without SJ and Egan next year, I think we just need one big tough old dog for a couple of years just to hold it down.

$700-$800k for the remainder of his contract or for each season left on it?

“$700-800K for JT then dropping down after 2 years”

Or you can do remainder of the contract then shop him around after 2-3 years when our window closes

Anyone else get the feeling we've been played by the dirty Sharks again?
If the warrriors really wanted him, thats useless management from them.. biggest bargaining chip ever and we say.. Oh its ok AFB can go to you for 'no hassles'.. in return you can tell us to fu*k off on any reciprocating deal. Sheesh.. piss poor and a big diff between warriors and a consistent top club. Ruthless is what it takes, calculating and ruthlessness.

If the warrriors really wanted him, thats useless management from them.. biggest bargaining chip ever and we say.. Oh its ok AFB can go to you for 'no hassles'.. in return you can tell us to fu*k off on any reciprocating deal. Sheesh.. piss poor and a big diff between warriors and a consistent top club. Ruthless is what it takes, calculating and ruthlessness.

Nah I don't think thats the case at all. We let AFB shop around for 2025 and he signed with Sharks. They didn't owe us anything for that. What are you suggesting the Sharks do in that situation? Not resign someone they want? I don't see any reason why they would gift him to us.

Nah I don't think thats the case at all. We let AFB shop around for 2025 and he signed with Sharks. They didn't owe us anything for that. What are you suggesting the Sharks do in that situation? Not resign someone they want? I don't see any reason why they would gift him to us.
I think the Warriors should be thinking 'Ok we are about to let AFB sign with the sharks, a huge Carrot in which they would part with almost any player - who do we want?'

I think the Warriors should be thinking 'Ok we are about to let AFB sign with the sharks, a huge Carrot in which they would part with almost any player - who do we want?'

The Warriors had no part in that process tho, didn't we tell AFB you can leave in 2025 but we want you for 2024. So he went out and signed with the Sharks.

I get it, I'd like to have someone locked up by now too but even tho we were letting AFB go we had no real say in the matter.

As a club, it seems most of the moves we're making - recruitment and otherwise - seems to be on the money imo and I'm happy to back them. I think if we could have seen some kinda swap then we would have looked at it, but BHU was off contract for 2025 so there was no real opportunity I reckon. Sharks apparently offered a BHU v AFB swap for 2024 prior to resigning BHU that we declined (and rightly so)

Back