Sports Black Caps

Need a wicket - ASAP. Henry and Phillips looking the most likely, so surely we just keep bowling them for now (until they're expensive)... and should have had them bowling after lunch too.

Out of all the players to beat you, letting Alex Numpty get the chocolates.

If we can keep Sears, O'Rourke, Jamieson upright that's not a bad upcoming bowling trio to have. Pity it feels like the moment a NZ bowler hits 140kph the bones and muscles say "sorry son, time for a rest."

Out of all the players to beat you, letting Alex Numpty get the chocolates.

If we can keep Sears, O'Rourke, Jamieson upright that's not a bad upcoming bowling trio to have. Pity it feels like the moment a NZ bowler hits 140kph the bones and muscles say "sorry son, time for a rest."
Yeah bowling doesn't look too bad at present but only Rachin is looking likely for the batting side of things 🤔.
Then you take the pitch into consideration and in 3 & 1/2 days we have 37 wickets

Poor Captaincy has lost the Black Caps the game.

Poor fielding placements. Ben sears is on a hattrick and you don't have a 3rd slip. Should have had a sweeper at point and a 3rd man to stop the boundaries. Gave away runs to easily.

Also poor bowling choices. Why Southee decided to open with himself in the morning, he has done nothing all series and Henry and Sears did all the damage yesterday. Bowled Kuggeleijn for 3 pointless overseas where he was leaking runs.

We won't get a better chance to beat Australia for a long time.

Poor Captaincy has lost the Black Caps the game.

Poor fielding placements. Ben sears is on a hattrick and you don't have a 3rd slip. Should have had a sweeper at point and a 3rd man to stop the boundaries. Gave away runs to easily.

Also poor bowling choices. Why Southee decided to open with himself in the morning, he has done nothing all series and Henry and Sears did all the damage yesterday. Bowled Kuggeleijn for 3 pointless overseas where he was leaking runs.

We won't get a better chance to beat Australia for a long time.
And Southee 2 or 3 times when runs were vital has the big swing instead of spending time at the crease and accumulating.

And Southee 2 or 3 times when runs were vital has the big swing instead of spending time at the crease and accumulating.

Southee is at the point where he should be retiring or not being selected for tests. Unfortunately NZ cricket lacks the spine to not select him for test, and he is going to keep on wanting to play tests until he beats Sir Richard Haddle's record.

Also I never want to see Kuggelein playing a test match again. Not taking into account his off field 'issues' he's just bang average. Would have preferred Doug Bracewell if they wanted to go with a bowling allrounder.

Southee is at the point where he should be retiring or not being selected for tests. Unfortunately NZ cricket lacks the spine to not select him for test, and he is going to keep on wanting to play tests until he beats Sir Richard Haddle's record.

Also I never want to see Kuggelein playing a test match again. Not taking into account his off field 'issues' he's just bang average. Would have preferred Doug Bracewell if they wanted to go with a bowling allrounder.
I hate bagging our own players.
I agree though with Kuggelein and especially Southee.
Enough said about these guys.

On the positive side Henry and Sears looking good đź‘Ť
Rachin also. Not much else to get our hopes up.
I would love to hear what Kane was saying to Southee as they walked out this morning and after lunch 🤔

Frustrating that we let Australia off the hook, but it was still a very enjoyable test with so many ebbs and flows.

NZ now produce the best wickets for test cricket. In the last few years it is a rarity to have a dull test here and there have been so many nailbiters. I always watch the matches across the ditch and so many of them turn out to be a bore, that second West Indies test a rare exception. The series currently over in India had one good test mixed with some head scratching surfaces at times and I watched a test match in South Africa recently which was over in a couple of days.

We are so below peak performance it's ridiculous.

10 dropped catches in two matches? something like that. Captain can't take a wicket.

Nice to unearth some young raw talent but without a change in coach and captain I can't see anything changing.

Daryl Mitchell after the game:

“For us, we've always said as Blackcaps, we're not defined by the outcomes, we're defined by how we play cricket.

Loser attitude. We want you to WIN the game mate!

Next the Black Caps won’t want to keep score playing Australia… 🤣
If that is in the teams culture no wonder we haven’t won anything apart from the first Test championship.

This nice guy shit can get us so far, need to be ruthless and competitive.

Australia had no right winning that game but I know we all thought they probably would because of the fight, the mongrel they have displayed for 50 odd years.

Get a coach in there to change this way of thinking that close enough is good enough if we play in the right spirit.

If that is in the teams culture no wonder we haven’t won anything apart from the first Test championship.

This nice guy shit can get us so far, need to be ruthless and competitive.

Australia had no right winning that game but I know we all thought they probably would because of the fight, the mongrel they have displayed for 50 odd years.

Get a coach in there to change this way of thinking that close enough is good enough if we play in the right spirit.
Could you see Phillips and Blundell pull that from the fire? Man I miss BJ Watling!

Storm in a teacup what Mitchell said being interviewed after 4 days of intense cricket under fatigue and probably trying to put on a positive spin after really hurting from that loss. Daryl Mitchell is ultra competitive and I love his attitude when he's playing.

As for Blundell he has provided some absolute gem innings at difficult times for us over the years. He's been in a bad patch for a little while now though.

Back