Current Affairs Shifting World Opinions - US Double Standards

Americans as a country has no interest in the rest of the world and prefer to stay isolationist. However the neo liberal elements have taken over foreign policy. People like Biden, Nuland, Blinken, Sullivan believe in using military force to help US corporations. They have long wanted to break up Russia and take the resources. Their stated aim in Ukraine is to weaken Russia. It has backfired. Just like Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Venezuela. They are driven by ideology. Not results. In Ukraine they have achieve6 the destruction of Ukraine, the impoverishment of Europe and driving Russia and China together. Also both countries have invested deeply in their militaries which have interchangeable weaponry.

In the middle east their blind support of the right wing zionist Netanyahu supporters have created the disaster of Sunni and Shia Muslims together.

You give everyone in NZ a gun and watch many smart people kill others.

The 6 year old who tried to kill his teacher was not "natural selection"
I have a gun, never shot anyone and don't leave it out for my kids to muck around with. If I did leave it out an pretty sure they wouldn't touch it and definitely wouldn't point it at anyone let alone pull the trigger - although I have never tested this theory.

I have a gun, never shot anyone and don't leave it out for my kids to muck around with. If I did leave it out an pretty sure they wouldn't touch it and definitely wouldn't point it at anyone let alone pull the trigger - although I have never tested this theory.

Kids love guns.

The biggest hiding I got as a kid was being busted for using the old mans rifle when he the folks popped out for a bit.

I was not a poorly behaved child, just the opposite, Guns are very alluring to kids.

Temptation grows over time, years of looking at the forbidden in your house can tempt any kid.

You give everyone in NZ a gun and watch many smart people kill others.

The 6 year old who tried to kill his teacher was not "natural selection"

There is something very wrong in the article that you posted.

Angry early teens will throw shit at each other, push each other over, punch each other in the head, strangle and choke each other. They may even try to run someone over in their cars out of immature frontal lobes.

They have very poor sense of the consequences of actions.

Anyone can see the problem in the story is a bloody fourteen and fifteen year old being able to use hand guns.

The problem is with the society, the gun control laws.

It is not natural selection when a Mother of two is killed by her baby brother, it is too ready access to "I am angry, I am gonna point and squeeze...oh fk what have I done?"

Kids love guns.

The biggest hiding I got as a kid was being busted for using the old mans rifle when he the folks popped out for a bit.

I was not a poorly behaved child, just the opposite, Guns are very alluring to kids.

Temptation grows over time, years of looking at the forbidden in your house can tempt any kid.
Amazing too the amount of kids toys as guns, then when you consider in adulthood the amount of tools or everyday items in the form of a gun. Like drills, spray guns, caulking guns etc. Guns are firmly in trenched in our psyches.

There is something very wrong in the article that you posted.

Angry early teens will throw shit at each other, push each other over, punch each other in the head, strangle and choke each other. They may even try to run someone over in their cars out of immature frontal lobes.

They have very poor sense of the consequences of actions.

Anyone can see the problem in the story is a bloody fourteen and fifteen year old being able to use hand guns.

The problem is with the society, the gun control laws.

It is not natural selection when a Mother of two is killed by her baby brother, it is too ready access to "I am angry, I am gonna point and squeeze...oh fk what have I done?"
I think video games have done this to a degree too. Was talking to my workmate late last year and we were talking about grand theft auto and he mentioned about some young family members telling him to watch this. The kid proceeded for his game character to have sex with a prostitute for which when it came time for payment for the prostitute, he got in his car and ran over her. He thought this was a great joke, but it begs the question of what they think is reality and fake?

So the US is to blame for young boys playing cops and robbers, alas the simple minds..
Give them all the guns they want but any sign of femininity or a shred of the opposite sexes clothing, they must be sickos. Greatest country on earth my arse.

Are you saying if we give everyone in remuera a gun no one would harmed?

Do you know America has more gun suicides in a day than we would have in 5 years?

They have 2000 unintended firearm discharges a year.

Are you saying if we give everyone in remuera a gun no one would harmed?

Do you know America has more gun suicides in a day than we would have in 5 years?

They have 2000 unintended firearm discharges a year.
- no i don't know how you got that out of my words. But I could make an argument that it's possible.

- many more guns many more people, so that's probably right.

- that's not bad for 400M guns

Give them all the guns they want but any sign of femininity or a shred of the opposite sexes clothing, they must be sickos. Greatest country on earth my arse.
Different mentality.

I’ve heard the US is pro guns because if they are ever invaded the entire population would be able to defend the country. A nightmare for the attacking force.

The countries down under have no fear of ever being attacked or invaded so we don’t care. But if we were ever invaded we would be be 100 times easier to over run than the trigger happy US

The US has a war mindset. A few thousand killing each other every year is acceptable if it prevents 300m people losing in an invasion. From that perspective there is method behind the madness.

Not saying I agree either, just highlighting what I have heard their mindset and perspective is and why.

Different mentality.

I’ve heard the US is pro guns because if they are ever invaded the entire population would be able to defend the country. A nightmare for the attacking force.

The countries down under have no fear of ever being attacked or invaded so we don’t care. But if we were ever invaded we would be be 100 times easier to over run than the trigger happy US

The US has a war mindset. A few thousand killing each other every year is acceptable if it prevents 300m people losing in an invasion. From that perspective there is method behind the madness.

Not saying I agree either, just highlighting what I have heard their mindset and perspective is and why.
Would have thought the trillions they spend on defence would go some way towards people feeling a relative safety about being attacked. A few planes got high jacked and caused carnage some time back but I think their country would feel confident of not seeing another country’s boots on the ground. I would think it’s probably more likely a lack of trust in their fellow countrymen. My post was more hinting at the absurdity of people in that country that there would be more outrage from some parts to see a man affectionate with another man or a man dressed as a woman than there would be for a mass shooting and some measures to be placed to make some weapons less accessible for some people who should never own firearms.

They have more nukes than most of the world combined.

Don't think they are "scared" of being invaded

Also while they do have 400m guns or whatever, it's not distributed like that. More than likely if one person has a gun they will have multiples. I would dare some families would have arsenals of the stuff.

Also while they do have 400m guns or whatever, it's not distributed like that. More than likely if one person has a gun they will have multiples. I would dare some families would have arsenals of the stuff.
Yeah regulation Is a problem.
in most countries..... my example being UK , Aus, NZ. Teenagers don't have pistols running around. Guns aren't like a thing you need to own. Because why? But in the states, well everyone has a fucking gun... so I guess you better get one.... for defending stuff and you know like Wiz said... Invasions or something...
I think its just a thing that's so hard to regulate because of the huge amount if $$ involved and the lobbying from groups like NRA etc. It's political... which means there probably won't be an answer for America unfortunately...

The US Constitution 2nd amendment is not interpreted as to fighting an invasion. It is a barrier against their own Government over reaching. In international terms people like Lindsay Graham would love to use nukes in Ukraine, However Russia has more nukes than the US, not even the neo cons are that silly.

I think video games have done this to a degree too. Was talking to my workmate late last year and we were talking about grand theft auto and he mentioned about some young family members telling him to watch this. The kid proceeded for his game character to have sex with a prostitute for which when it came time for payment for the prostitute, he got in his car and ran over her. He thought this was a great joke, but it begs the question of what they think is reality and fake?
People will always look at something in pop culture/media to ‘blame’ - Video games In your example, before that TV/Movies, before that certain types of Music, before that comic books before that sports.
There may be some that are influenced negatively but generally they were that way inclined beforehand. For the vast majority it’s a form of escapism/a way to safely act out fantasty/ an outlet etc- it’s extremely rare that anyone plays these games and thinks it’s a good idea to go do it in real life

People will always look at something in pop culture/media to ‘blame’ - Video games In your example, before that TV/Movies, before that certain types of Music, before that comic books before that sports.
There may be some that are influenced negatively but generally they were that way inclined beforehand. For the vast majority it’s a form of escapism/a way to safely act out fantasty/ an outlet etc- it’s extremely rare that anyone plays these games and thinks it’s a good idea to go do it in real life
Not sure it’s about blaming the pop culture/media or whatever, but keeping better tabs on those that don’t have the capacity to acknowledge fact from fiction or perhaps the signs are there of those willing to carry out concerning acts or fantasies. They are in a minority but there is and always will be a concerning part of society. There’s no two ways that pop culture does affect society, just look at the Beatles and the the changes that came after their arrival alone. My example was of a minor playing the particular game and with brains not developed there is the possibility of a lack of understanding for consequences.

Last edited:
Back