International Pacific Championship

Reminds me of many an Anzac test. Origin combos v makeshift spine with no experience playing together. same old story unfortunately

Agreed. Samoa are going through the same teething pains all legit opponents under an Aussie Ref go through.

Lets not forget normally this would be a sixty point plus thrashing of a Samoan team.

So progress has been made.

And now they have had a game they will be better next time up, they have a shit draw though by virtue of Tonga being absent.

They have to play the big two back to back, that is some evil scheduling.

Internationals are back.

The Tongan people brought them back.

The mere fact we are having this tournament and a test series in England are thanks to the arrival of Tonga and their supporters.

The Samoan people have picked up that torch and carry it too.

When the NRL saw the crowds at Mt Smart test matches, when they saw the social media parades, they woke up finally $$$ and here we are.

I said this would happen even before Tonga brought it to life, this is my life long soap box finally going from dreams and rants to reality.

New Zealand took an interest in League when the first tests were played on television and that interest peaked during the Graham Lowe era.

Then the Winfield cup came along and the game really took off here.

The Warriors and State of Origin dual handedly destroyed the interest in the Kiwi league team, fans were split off into sections, they either stopped following league because the Warriors sucked, or they took more interest in the overly promoted and hyped SOO than they showed towards their national team.

My main fear for this tournament is what happens if Australia go out early. What will the NRL do? based on their history the concept will be killed off to protect their SOO brand.
When you see Kotoni Staggs and Faasulameaui playing for Kangaroos you think WTAF? This is a joke.

When you see Kotoni Staggs and Faasulameaui playing for Kangaroos you think WTAF? This is a joke.

The corruption is in the financial differences between these games and playing origin etc.

As such I do not blame the players for taking the coin over legitimacy.

In time it will work out. This is history in the making and it is still early doors.

Would love to have some Hammer speed on our team. That's insane.

How must the Cowboys feel? Ponga - nah. Hughes - we good. Hammer - we prefer glue.

Yeah they became attractive to free agents after the 2015, 2017 GF's nd fell in love with going to market for name players.

Would've been better off with a bit of patience and keeping their own junior in a lot of cases.

Epic finish coming up with Fiji Womens desperately posting late trys against Samoa.

Great try off a kick and a power Try from the kick off.

Anyone know how ticket sales are going for the eden park test? I’m so use to warriors prices I got a shock to see how expensive it was. Might get 20k if lucky I’m thinking.
Hard to tell because they've been releasing the tickets in dribs and drabs, I assume to ensure there's a decent enough crowd on the side the cameras show.

I'd guess somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20k. I still remember our last test against the Kangaroos at Mt Smart in 2017(?) where it was half empty. And we won!

Hard to tell because they've been releasing the tickets in dribs and drabs, I assume to ensure there's a decent enough crowd on the side the cameras show.

I'd guess somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20k. I still remember our last test against the Kangaroos at Mt Smart in 2017(?) where it was half empty. And we won!

I've got tickets to the final and fuck me days, couldn't believe the cost of them.

This is the most blue collar sport in NZ and they're trying to charge these absurd prices.

Cam George had it right with the Warriors, it's more important that the Stadium is consistently full than charging the highest price point you can.

Back