Sports Black Caps

Just looked up some stats

Tendulkar scored a century in 15.5% of his innings
Smith 16.75%
Kohli 15.2%
Lara 14.65%
Root 11.95%
Ponting 14.3%

Williamson trumps them all with a century in 18.2% of his innings. Puts things in perspective a bit.

Just looked up some stats

Tendulkar scored a century in 15.5% of his innings
Smith 16.75%
Kohli 15.2%
Lara 14.65%
Root 11.95%
Ponting 14.3%

Williamson trumps them all with a century in 18.2% of his innings. Puts things in perspective a bit.
For context, you will probably find we play a lot more second tier countries (Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies, etc) than India, Australia and England.

To give Wrighty Wrighty some credit, if one of the big 3 was playing South Africa, the South Africans would have a stronger line up and 100’s would be a lot harder to score.

For context, you will probably find we play a lot more second tier countries (Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies, etc) than India, Australia and England.

To give Wrighty Wrighty some credit, if one of the big 3 was playing South Africa, the South Africans would have a stronger line up and 100’s would be a lot harder to score.
Yep.

Another added layer is that Kane and Root play in much harder conditions than Smith especially and Kohli.

Easy to forget that KW had a bit of a scratchy first 3-4 years. Since then has averaged a fraction under 65 in the last decade. Has scored multiple hundreds against every team except Zimbabwe and only needs to score a century in South Africa before he retires to have scored a century in all 11 countries he's played in. Not a bad effort at all and his style of play is likely to age a lot better than some because of how strong his technique is.

KW turns gets singles almost quietly, I thought his century yesterday snuck up really fast because he turns the strike over so quickly.

Good to see Conway bat conservatively. Although I understand the need to up the tempo I thought his dismissal was silly. He had hit a six early in the over. He could have accumulated from there.

Well done Black Caps......not unexpected against SAF B but still a game that needed to be won and they executed.

South Africa tried hard and at the end of the day theres no expectations on them, but i gotta say (and we all know the reasons why) that was probably the most toothless South African bowling attack ive ever seen......it was NZ old school dibbly dobblers like.

I like they've earmarked Will ORourke to come in next game, this is a good series to blood 1 or 2 newbies...for who i dont know, maybe Jamieson given his injury run of late.

Also do yourself a favour.....switch to the radio commentary....Smith, Coney, Bracewell....light years better and more entertaining than the TV mob.

Last edited:
Also just a thought if we were in South Africa's shoes and our top team (the 11 that played this Test) were all unavailable and we had to field a B team, who would that be and how do we think that would fare in this South African teams position? Interesting test of depth, something like...

1. Nick Kelly
2. Will Young
3. Henry Nicholls
4. Tom Bruce
5. Muhammed Abbas
6. Tim Seifert
7. Doug Bracewell
8. Nathan Smith
9. Scott Kuggelien
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Will ORourke

Some pretty useful players in there tbh, youd like to think they'd fire some shiots.

Well done Black Caps......not unexpected against SAF B but still a game that needed to be won and they executed.

South Africa tried hard and at the end of the day theres no expectations on them, but i gotta say (and we all know the reasons why) that was probably the most toothless South African bowling attack ive ever seen......it was NZ old school dibbly dobblers like.

I like they've earmarked Will ORourke to come in next game, this is a good series to blood 1 or 2 newbies...for who i dont know, maybe Jamieson given his injury run of late.

Also do yourself a favour.....switch to the radio commentary....Smith, Coney, Bracewell....light years better and more entertaining than the TV mob.
For the future surely they need to get Smithy back.
He was basically the commentator the Australian Foxtel team brought on when there was a big moment pending this summer.
The commentary is just so bland.

For the future surely they need to get Smithy back.
He was basically the commentator the Australian Foxtel team brought on when there was a big moment pending this summer.
The commentary is just so bland.
Does anyone else just have it in in the background and just watch when things happen?

Didn’t even notice there were commentators!

Does anyone else just have it in in the background and just watch when things happen?

Didn’t even notice there were commentators!
Just miss the commentary and organic banter of Smithy, Doully, Rigor even Craig Cumming was great teamed up with Rigor.
Need to try and get at least a couple of the older guys back that I mentioned or Danny Morrison. Some bloody personalities.

Just miss the commentary and organic banter of Smithy, Doully, Rigor even Craig Cumming was great teamed up with Rigor.
Need to try and get at least a couple of the older guys back that I mentioned or Danny Morrison. Some bloody personalities.
Yeah even Rigor was bland this match. He needs an ex team mate like a Cumming or Styris who'll give him shit then they just feed off each other (the Coney, Smith, Bracewell banter was ruthless at times but damn funny, and then when they would tell stories of what they got up to in the slip cordens or of certain explayers......thats the shit people want to hear....imo)
Nothing against McMillan and Elliott (liked them both as players) but jesus they should come with a warning "dont operate heavy machinery while listening to these 2."

Yeah even Rigor was bland this match. He needs an ex team mate like a Cumming or Styris who'll give him shit then they just feed off each other (the Coney, Smith, Bracewell banter was ruthless at times but damn funny, and then when they would tell stories of what they got up to in the slip cordens or of certain explayers......thats the shit people want to hear....imo)
Nothing against McMillan and Elliott (liked them both as players) but jesus they should come with a warning "dont operate heavy machinery while listening to these 2."
Smithys banter was awesome.
The Sheila this week didn't add much.
The Skull in Australia commentary can be really good.
Still prefer Smithy

What station is the commentary on?

Back