Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I’m not sure why people are remembering CHT as anything but a vanilla average player, hope Webby can unlock something in him but he’s not better in any position to what we had this year

He was solid and that is something you can build on in the right environment which he never had.

Played with more heart and guts than most.

Was able to make some clutch goal kicks too, not to mention a tough defender.

Peronally I couldn't give two shits about the player he was, only interested in the player he will be under Webby - and if he's not upto it he won't be playing.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Capewell. I'm assuming he will slot in to second row and Niukore moves in to the middle. If we get three good, relatively injury free years out of him, with his experience, should be a good pick up?

On a side note, does the players who the Broncos and Panthers have lost bring them back to the pack a fair bit? Broncos losing Farnworth, Flegler and probably Capewell. Panthers losing Crichton (big lose IMO) plus Leniu and a very handy Jack Cogger.

so the ball is in Capewells court.

- Warriors have offered 3 year deal with immediate Broncos release
- Broncos have agreed to the release
- Broncos have told Capewell if he stays he won't be offered a contract past 2024
- Capewell is yet to decide but accepting looks imminent

Exciting times

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Capewell. I'm assuming he will slot in to second row and Niukore moves in to the middle. If we get three good, relatively injury free years out of him, with his experience, should be a good pick up?

On a side note, does the players who the Broncos and Panthers have lost bring them back to the pack a fair bit? Broncos losing Farnworth, Flegler and probably Capewell. Panthers losing Crichton (big lose IMO) plus Leniu and a very handy Jack Cogger.

I think it's a terrific signing.

We are on record that we are moving towards being a development club but that takes time.

I think it makes sense to sign experience over youth if you are backing your youth internally.

I'm not even sure we need all three years out of him, obviously we want a big year out of him in 2024, probably 2025 too but beyond that I'm not worried

IMG_0292.jpeg

What’s this about guys? What’s the new rule? Do we potentially have an All Black coming?

You forgot bench forward Keenan Palasia who's off to the titans

View attachment 4536
What’s this about guys? What’s the new rule? Do we potentially have an All Black coming?
Folau fakatava. Super quick pass awesome around the ruck and identifying gaps quickly. He’d be an awesome 9. Not sure if he’s number one pick now smith has retired….not sure many first string all blacks would come over but you might get someone from nz A. Wasn’t Shaun Stevenson talking to Wayne Bennett a couple of years back?

View attachment 4536
Nah, an Aussie journalist was bored and made a click bait article with all the clubs making hypothetical "gambles to be successful".

The Warriors paragraph was about going after an All Black like Jordie Barrett or Ardie Savea with the salary cap exemption for rugby converts that has been announced.

Stuff then made a click bait article about a click bait article and tried to sell it as a story.

Speaking of click bait articles……I had a little laugh at this one. I don’t mind the Capwell signing but comparing him to Sir Steve Price is a long bow

ANALYSIS: The Queensland Origin powerhouse is high on the Warriors' hit list and would continue their trend of success with veteran signings.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...e-the-warriors-new-steve-price?cid=app-iPhone

It's not often that a journalist will straight up say they have been stalking the forum

tajhay should get a % of ad revenue generated from that shit article lol

The salary cap exemption could open up new opportunities though. In the past getting a top flight union player to convert had massive risks. You had to pay top dollar for an unproven player. You blow $1m a year on a player like Jordie Barrett and spend three seasons having him get up to speed. It’s just not worth the risk. Now if half that money doesn’t count against the cap, suddenly it becomes a lot more viable. Imagine signing the Barrett’s as a package. Pay them each $1m a year for three years. Great marketing coup for the club.

Back