Social Finding Heidi podcast

You mean future episodes? I’ve listened to what’s posted and tried not to give too much away. The third brother seemed there but not in on it?

If the cars really were switched, how did Tamihere end up with it with their gear in it?

1 - Tamihere was in on it
2 - they framed Tamihere
3 - they dumped the car and Tamihere independently stole it?

Why let Tamihere have the car and gear. Why not make it all just disappear?

Whangamata is a dodgy place - almost bought a batch there years ago and glad I didn’t🤣
Tamihere's family have land up the road. They would know each other for sure.

FFS - the episodes on the the guilt true crimes podcast only go up to episode 13 (collaboration), I’ve just found on another site there’s a 14 and 15.

3 more hours but you need to subscribe and pay to access them… guess I’ll be waiting.

Last edited:
FFS - the episodes on the the guilt true crimes podcast only go up to episode 13 (collaboration), I’ve just found on another site there’s a 14 and 15.

3 more hours but you need to subscribe and pay to access them… guess I’ll be waiting.
The free episodes drop one a week midnight Sunday night

For $6 you can sub for a month listen then cancel

My parents bought a batch in Matarangi back in the day. Before they made the golf course and turned the place into a multi million dollar retirement area… they go about what a mistake they made selling it in the 80’s for peanuts ..
I used to shoot down to the Whare at Matarangi all the time, helped me get away from work stress. Haven't been there for a few years, my son takes his mates there for poker weekends, they always leave the beach house in good order, so they're good boys.

As a kid we camped on the land at Whangapoua beside the the river mouth, our friends owned the land there. The dad was a gun in the bush, ex SAS, vietnam Vet, you could go live off the land in those days.

Got sick of eating Tuatua but.

Last edited:
I used to shoot down to the Whare at Matarangi all the time, helped me get away from work stress. Haven't been there for a few years, my son takes his mates there for poker weekends, they always leave the beach house in good order, so they're good boys.

As a kid we camped on the land at Whangapaoa beside the the river mouth, our friends owned the land there. The dad was a gun in the bush, ex SAS, vietnam Vet, you could go live off the land in those days.

Got sick of eating Tuatua but.
Are your friends the Mangakahia's ? . Lou and Jack? Plenty of mussels there then and crayfish off the beach in the early 70's.

Are your friends the Mangakahia's ? . Lou and Jack? Plenty of mussels there then and crayfish off the beach in the early 70's.

Same family bro, I don't know Lou and Jack personally but Tim Mangakahia is who we know from Whangapoua, he moved to Queensland.

Tim as I mentioned was a SAS man in NAM and Malaya.

His Son Tyrone Mangakahia was on 60 minutes years ago, he had been working as an undercover cop, his cover was a Kiwi hitman.

Tyrone had to get out because he exposed corruption in the Queensland Police hierarchy. He was offered federal protection/body guards, he refused, I pity any poor fool who tries to take him out.

When we were kids my brothers and I would be invited to play fight the Mangakahia boys, they used waste us, they knew martial arts and shit haha...happy days in the 70s, running around in Army housing backyards, playing with a decommissioned Morta from Vietnam.

Tim did a slide show evening (so 70's) of Vietnam, I wish was an adult back then, the things I would have asked him.

Last edited:
Same family bro, I don't know Lou and Jack personally but Tim Mangakahia is who we know from Whangapoua, he moved to Queensland.

Tim as I mentioned was a SAS man in NAM and Malaya.

His Son Tyrone Mangakahia was on 60 minutes years ago, he had been working as an undercover cop, his cover was a Kiwi hitman.

Tyrone had to get out because he exposed corruption in the Queensland Police hierarchy. He was offered federal protection/body guards, he refused, I pity any poor fool who tries to take him out.

When we were kids my brothers and I would be invited to play fight the Mangakahia boys, they used waste us, they knew martial arts and shit haha...happy days in the 70s, running around in Army housing backyards, playing with a decommissioned Morta from Vietnam.

Tim did a slide show evening (so 70's) of Vietnam, I wish was an adult back then, the things I would have asked him.
The Mangakahia's are good people.
Win and Zim ran the store when we moved there and later passed it on to their children to run. Don't know if they still do.
Lou lived on the last of the land they retained, Jack at the forestry camp in a house back in the day. Their Dad was still alive but had dementia. Lou was the man, good bloke, used to drop in when to my place when he saw the smokehouse going, that was the arrangement we had. My nephew had some hard times and I went looking for him, this was 15 years ago. Found him living in a caravan at the Mangakahia's. They had taken him in and were looking after him, eternally grateful. Even has my sister's ( deceased ) photo on display with a number of their ancestors.

After a storm there would be tones of scallops washed up by the rocks and all over the place. Fishing was great too. My old man used to head out to the rocks and cast out his rod. Always came back with Kawhai and the odd snapper.

After a storm there would be tones of scallops washed up by the rocks and all over the place. Fishing was great too. My old man used to head out to the rocks and cast out his rod. Always came back with Kawhai and the odd snapper.
I used to live bait off the Wharves, at Matarangi and Whangapoua.

Caught some nice Kingies. Cool when kids are fishing, they get a real buzz seeing a big fish. The Scallops still wash up. There is a Rahui now, hopefully not too late to save the grounds.

If I listened accurately, was anyone else bothered by the scene where they went to some alleged police diggings in the soil and were handling visible bone until he exclaims 'yeah its not human, vertebra is too large'
What bothered me is just WTF it had to do with anything.

I have finished listening to what is free.

I have listened to a lot of podcasts, his is one of the worst presentations, but the subject matter makes it a must listen.

There is a lot of stuff that does not connect, which if he is presenting a case in court, it should.

All he says it is going to blow things away.

Well, it hasn't yet.

Clearly the Swedish guy was not murdered at Crosbies, and probably not by Tamihere, but I think the Police knew that anyway after they found the body. They actually treated the dudes who found the body as suspects, and went to the murder scene to speak to the guy who probably murdered him. So the Police will know something for sure.

However, it seems probable the the girl and Tamihere were at Crosbies Crossing. The guy the podcaster went to Crosbies Hut with reckoned her body would be somewhere around there. So if that is correct Tamihere has abducted her after Sven was murdered and taken her back to Crosbies Crossing.

I cannot say that for sure, just putting the facts together.

In any investigation, scientific or criminal, you have to look at all the facts, you cannot ignore anything.

It is like a jigsaw puzzle, all the pieces have to fit, or you might get it horribly wrong.

Oh, the motive. If Tamihere had murdered them both, and based on his psychology, sex had to be a motive.

So what was the motive to kill Hogland? Had they tried to rip off some dope? That is a capital offence with those bastards.

Did Tamihere take the opportunity to take the girl and get rid of her, and have some fun along the way?

I have listened to a lot of podcasts, his is one of the worst presentations, but the subject matter makes it a must listen.

There is a lot of stuff that does not connect, which if he is presenting a case in court, it should.

Well, it hasn't yet.

Clearly the Swedish guy was not murdered at Crosbies, and probably not by Tamihere, but I think the Police knew that anyway after they found the body. They actually treated the dudes who found the body as suspects, and went to the murder scene to speak to the guy who probably murdered him. So the Police will know something for sure.

However, it seems probable the the girl and Tamihere were at Crosbies Crossing. The guy the podcaster went to Crosbies Hut with reckoned her body would be somewhere around there. So if that is correct Tamihere has abducted her after Sven was murdered and taken her back to Crosbies Crossing.

In any investigation, scientific or criminal, you have to look at all the facts, you cannot ignore anything.

It is like a jigsaw puzzle, all the pieces have to fit, or you might get it horribly wrong.

Oh, the motive. If Tamihere had murdered them both, and based on his psychology, sex had to be a motive.

So what was the motive to kill Hogland? Had they tried to rip off some dope? That is a capital offence with those bastards.

Did Tamihere take the opportunity to take the girl and get rid of her, and have some fun along the way?

That makes alot of sense to me. They met Tamihere in Whangamata, maybe he offered to sell them some weed his friends had. Deal went wrong, the couple got split up. Guy was killed by Tamiheres acquaintances/dope friends. Girl had to go with Tamihere and he killed her somewhere closer to the coromandel. Pleads innocence because it’s partly truthful. He didn’t kill the guy. Could very well have hired a boat under an alias, and ditched the girls body out in the sea, where she would never be found again. Sounds plausible.

The Mangakahia's are good people.
Win and Zim ran the store when we moved there and later passed it on to their children to run. Don't know if they still do.
Lou lived on the last of the land they retained, Jack at the forestry camp in a house back in the day. Their Dad was still alive but had dementia. Lou was the man, good bloke, used to drop in when to my place when he saw the smokehouse going, that was the arrangement we had. My nephew had some hard times and I went looking for him, this was 15 years ago. Found him living in a caravan at the Mangakahia's. They had taken him in and were looking after him, eternally grateful. Even has my sister's ( deceased ) photo on display with a number of their ancestors.
Yeah good family, Tim is her brother.

Did you meet Ben Ngapo from four troop NZSAS? he is buried over Kenedy Bay. He ran the Ardmore millitary prison for years.

He is another SAS man from that area that served in NAM and Malaya. Ben stayed in the special air service till he retired, so one of the originals and a lifer eh.

I remember two guys Jumped him in the Forge Carpark in Papakura. One grabbed him from behind and the other struck him, he pretended to be knocked out so the guy let him go and she was all over after that.

Well, it hasn't yet.

With those clowns up there in those days camped out by their plantations, all you had to do was stray off the track by accident and they would shoot you.

I knew a guy who stole some weed/poached a crop. Even though he came down to Auckland and sold it there, he still got nearly beaten to death for it, because news gets out eh.

Well, it hasn't yet.

The next episode will become available for free tomorrow morning Bruce

Interested in your assessment of the female witness you will hear from in that one

On Finding Heidi

Is the moral of the story cops are just stupidly incompetent ? And our laws littered with holes?

I’m at the prejury episode…
Large investigations involve massive hours, away from family and normal work. Immensely stressful. They are human, they make mistakes.So far I cannot see any deliberate malpractice, just following the wrong leads, but I stand to be corrected.

They met Tamihere in Whangamata
There is evidence from a guy in Thames that they had Tamihere, or somebody that looks like him, in their back seat just north of the Kopu turnoff. He said they looked as though they they had just picked him up.

Tamihere had told the Police he hitch hiked into Thames about that time.

The podcaster thinks they went to get a haircut in Thames after that...I think from memory.

The next sighting is from the old guy fencing up the Otahu River Road road where Sven was killed.

Tamihere was driving the car here, really slow, with that vacant look on his face. They could have been looking for some dope.

I guess it will all come out in the wash.

I listened to a podcast, quite a good one, by a journalist about the murder of Dean Sandys in west Auckland way back last century.

The interesting thing was all the different stories they got from the rogues involved.

It was a mixture of lies and truth, that was dificult to differentiate.

I hope this guy is looking for that.

Back