Sports Black Caps

I think initially Conway was always earmarked to take over Taylors number 4 spot. Unfortunately for him he goes and scores 200 on debut as an opener and pretty much seals his fate. Yeah hes in a funk atm but i reckon runs are around the corner and then he'll be away again.
Plenty of great batters have been through slumps.
Greg Chappell had a long run of outs as did Graham Hick.
Obviously more but they're the ones that stand out in my head

I think Conway has been suffering limited overs looseness. Next innings he needs to concentrate more on crease occupation than runs. The longer he bats the sooner he gets in form. Just play the V to start with.
Problem is his limited overs form has been terrible too.

Needs just a little bit of luck to go his way as well. Might need to create that himself by limiting his shot selection like you say, play the v for as long as he can

Problem is his limited overs form has been terrible too.

Needs just a little bit of luck to go his way as well. Might need to create that himself by limiting his shot selection like you say, play the v for as long as he can
And he probably won't get another chance this game.

Does Southee put them back in or bat for a while and give the bowlers a break 🤔

Don’t mind it, score a pretty quick 100-130.
Think Jamieson coming back from injury might have been a small factor in giving the bowlers a rest.
I think that history will show that sides don't enforce the follow on as much these days

We have 3 spin bowlers so it's better to bowl last.

We only need to get 150ish today and have two days to bowl them out.

I would put openers in first and then first drop Phillips/Mitchell to go ham.

No, they haven’t had a lot of work. Only half a day bowling.

They needed to enforce the follow on.

We will still win but strategically wrong in my humble opinion.
Think it's more about ensuring on a pitch already aiding the spinners and going to deteriorate more, we're bowling on it when we'll get maximum advantage which is usually last day and a half or so.

Long range forecast is great, if that wasn't might have been a different story.

Quick 100-150 runs here. Blow that lead out, sun beating down on that pitch all day, put them in just before the end of the day.....still another 2 whole days to bowl them out....sound tactics to me.

Think it's more about ensuring on a pitch already aiding the spinners and going to deteriorate more, we're bowling on it when we'll get maximum advantage which is usually last day and a half or so.

Long range forecast is great, if that wasn't might have been a different story.

Quick 100-150 runs here. Blow that lead out, get them in just before the end of the day.....still another 2 whole days to bowl them out....sound tactics to me.
Agree but SA were never going to score 349 to make us bat again.

Gives our batters some practice I suppose 👍

Back