Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
The club should cut Addin for his own sake and the sake of his kids and his relationship.

I have no issue with what his wife is doing, that is her thing, and it is a free world whether any of us agree with it or not.

Why demonize the wife when the wife clearly is anti the club keeping her living in a country that she has realised was a mistake for her personally, her family, and her husband,

Shit happens.

Try to put aside your Warriors bias and see this objectively.

Imagine you agreed to go with your missus, or your husband, to Australia because the money was great.

Imagine a year into it you realize you hate Australia, you miss your family and friends and you no longer give a shit about top dollar.

Imagine you know you can come back to NZ and your partner can still earn at three quarters of a million dollars.

What is the right thing to do?

Family first.

And all ya'll who don't get that, take a deep breath, forget the Warriors, and look at this unfortunate social media fixation the wife has for what it is.

Cut him now.

Family welfare first, poor kient is the meat in the sandwhich while his missus puts pressure on him via social media.

If I were AFB and I loved my wife I would cut a track. And then if my wife did not settle down, I would ring couples counseling. Either way, the last I checked it is not against the law to change your mind.
I agree with all you've stated sup42 except the cut him now part, unless a player(s) swap of similar standing can be done now..

Except that's not how it works with the other 16 clubs.

Try telling that to the Dragons about Hunt.

the last I checked it is not against the law to change your mind.
It's against contract law.

Anyway, I agree with you that there's no point hanging onto players who have mentally checked out of the club.

The club should cut Addin for his own sake and the sake of his kids and his relationship.

I have no issue with what his wife is doing, that is her thing, and it is a free world whether any of us agree with it or not.

Why demonize the wife when the wife clearly is anti the club keeping her living in a country that she has realised was a mistake for her personally, her family, and her husband,

Shit happens.

Imagine you agreed to go with your missus, or your husband, to Australia because the money was great.

Imagine a year into it you realize you hate Australia, you miss your family and friends and you no longer give a shit about top dollar.

Imagine you know you can come back to NZ and your partner can still earn at three quarters of a million dollars.

What is the right thing to do?

Family first.

And all ya'll who don't get that, take a deep breath, forget the Warriors, and look at this unfortunate social media fixation the wife has for what it is.

Cut him now.

Family welfare first, poor kient is the meat in the sandwhich while his missus puts pressure on him via social media.

If I were AFB and I loved my wife I would cut a track. And then if my wife did not settle down, I would ring couples counseling. Either way, the last I checked it is not against the law to change your mind.

The reality is we don't know what the situation is with Addin and the mrs so talking about what 'the right thing to do' is a bit ridiculous as you don't know any context, you're 100% assuming.

IF you are correct and the Mrs is pressuring Addin to leave, sorry but that's absolute bullshit. This would be the 2nd time that AFB has got out of a contract due to 'personal circumstances' because his Mrs wants something else. That's super unreasonable to think that we should roll over and let them do what they want. Sorry, but if your life is so up and down where things are so inconsistent its irresponsible to sign these long contracts and then back out of them. Especially as the highest paid f**king prop in the game.

Where does the responsibility lie with this family according to you?

And last question, would you even ask Addin and the Mrs to use lube when they're f**king us over with nothing in return, or are you happy if they go in dry? I have a guess as what you would probably say lol

With Tohu Harris staying on and mentoring the next wave and JWH still performing at a high level at 34, wonder whether it would be good for us to take over Jason Taumalolo’s contract if the cowboys released him. Paid $950k until 2027 which would see him 34 by the end of it. Could also fill that mentoring role to the likes of Zyon Maiu’u, TSS and Vagana.

The reality is we don't know what the situation is with Addin and the mrs so talking about what 'the right thing to do' is a bit ridiculous as you don't know any context, you're 100% assuming.

IF you are correct and the Mrs is pressuring Addin to leave, sorry but that's absolute bullshit. This would be the 2nd time that AFB has got out of a contract due to 'personal circumstances' because his Mrs wants something else. That's super unreasonable to think that we should roll over and let them do what they want. Sorry, but if your life is so up and down where things are so inconsistent its irresponsible to sign these long contracts and then back out of them. Especially as the highest paid f**king prop in the game.

Where does the responsibility lie with this family according to you?

And last question, would you even ask Addin and the Mrs to use lube when they're f**king us over with nothing in return, or are you happy if they go in dry? I have a guess as what you would probably say lol
fair enough bro, I was stating an argument vociferously to be fair, should have prefaced it with a warning over the top contet inbound.

fair enough bro, I was stating an argument vociferously to be fair, should have prefaced it with a warning over the top contet inbound.
I think everyone has got a point, and we're all fans, gotta say totally grateful to afn and whanau for what he's given to the club so far, gutted he has to go, just like when national got in - it's what it is and we're gotta live with it, hopefully the club lets him go early, can't see any sense in him staying, body, heart, soul and mind should be on job -also most maori/poly women are very dominant/cornerstone in most families, so not surprised adden not staying if his missus unhappy and his mum unwell, it's clear he's unhappy, so should let him leave in peace and lets focus on his replacement(s) now - I love the wahz!!!

I think the more the Tigers are keen on AFB, the more realistic it is that we sign Papalii.

In June, Elle Timu announced she would move to Sydney to be with Papalii and play netball there.

6 months later, she still hasn't signed with anyone (no player has a 2024 contract due to a CBA disagreement similar to the RLPA one this year) and the latest is that she will just be a "training partner" for the swifts. So pretty much would only play with injury to someone else. Timu is also ineligible for the Silver Ferns while she is in Australia.

SSN player moves: Swifts linked to former Silver Ferns defender https://www.codesports.com.au/netball/super-netball/super-netball-2024-nsw-swifts-linked-to-former-new-zealand-star-elle-temu-as-training-partner/news-story/e9ceef4920a346f861ec8ea2f7a21278

There was all that chat about Papalii back flipping on the Tigers to come here last off season. Smoke.. fire.. etc.

This won't be a swap as such because Papalii will be off contract but the Tigers will have to make space somehow and not re-signing Papalii will do that.

Then we can use the balance of the salaries 400k+ to upgrade Tevaga/Lussick who are off contract this year