• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
jazz.png

Player Jazz Tevaga

Date of Birth
Sep 4, 1995
Birth Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇼🇸 Samoa
Height (cm)
178 cm
Weight (kg)
98 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
  2. Lock
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 20, 2016
Warriors Debut Details
2016, Round 3, Melbourne Storm
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2016
  2. 2017
  3. 2018
  4. 2019
  5. 2020
  6. 2021
  7. 2022
  8. 2023
  9. 2024
Signed From
Papakura Sea Eagles
Rep Honours
  1. Samoa
  2. NZ Maori
Awards/Honours
  1. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Tevaga
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jazz-tevaga/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tevaga moving on isn't surprising. He has been here a long time and clubs do cycle through players.

Having young guts coming through also adds a bit of a squeeze for roster slots.

As a front rower off the bench he has a bit of leg speed and adds some energy. Ideally, we'd have a different body shape.

He has given the club great service. From what I've seen with the announcement, he mentioned it being mutual. Jazz moving on probably gives him a fresh start.

If I'm honest I really did not rate you. Couldn't believe it when you won NRL bench player of the year. Have always been too error prone and a penalty magnet for mine.

But over the past few years you had changed my mind, especially when fit, I saw your value. I was wrong even if my initial reservations still hold true to an extent, I do believe you were probably held back from reaching your very best/peak because of injury.

I wish you nothing but the best, hope you have an injury free and happy remainder of your career, wherever you end up. Surely if not being signed in the NRL, an asset to a Super League team? Please just keep him away from 9, it was unfair to play him there and just not his spot.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I know the salary cap makes it tricky and he's had quite an injury disrupted season, but it's so sad to hear Jazz's leaving interviews this week. Jazz has been a part of everything I love about this club and its going to be hard watching him in a different jersey.
It's weird that he said the club needs to hold onto some young talent, but then there is Erin Clarke?

Anyways! Fucken legend!!! Good luck to him.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement