Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Thank fuck for that. But.... I do feel a bit salty about how this all unravelled. It feels like our mans was about to cheat on us. But we begged him not too. Promised him the head will get better. Took him back, But the thought of him cheating on us is still in the back of our minds. Cos he may still want to lay some pipe in Aus and leave us at anytime. Lets hope SJ , Webby & co can pull it off for the team 👀 🤣

Ahh, Don't mind me. Thanks for staying Addin!! . For now. If you leave I'll take my thanks back.

best case scenario i can think of is JT to us( cowboys chipping in 300-400) and trade afb with tigers for ice (1.1m to 600k)
even with afb staying. would think we have 600 in the cap to sign jt after releasing curran(480?). would transform our team having an afb jt one two punch. obviously dependant on cowboys but looks like there in a salary cap pinch according to the rumour mill

Make AFB stay and say yes we compassionately give you leave after you get us to the GF next year.

Some club eventually needs to start making contracts mean something and there is no better club than the warriors to set this precedent imo

I wonder how much his missus has to do with this? I.e the Versace shop in AK is not as good as NSW and it’s so hard to find a nice Birkin
I reckon she's got a lot to do with what's happened. She made some salty social media posts around the time AFB wanted to leave Manly and she did the same thing a few months back. Seeing how he's now agreed to stay on for next season, it's pretty clear the compassionate grounds was just a lame excuse. If he was so worried about his parents, he'd be in Sydney right now and not UK.

Sounds like she's bored of Auckland and been in his ear about going back to Sydney, knowing he won't have any problem getting the same amount or more money from interested clubs, and he wouldn't have asked for an immediate release without confirming this with a suitor, which is clearly a breach of rules and a dick move.

Smh. Earning a million dollars a season to play league and living only a 4 hour flight away from home. Still want to eff us over. We should stop entertaining this compassionate grounds crap from now on. A contract is a contract. Suck shit and honor your contract.

Good to keep him for next season, as someone said before, 2024 is key. 2025 onwards could potentially be rebuilds anyway.

I still think it will be hard to keep him the whole of the season. Unlikely to be fully committed to a club he doesn't want to be at anymore and like the team just buying time to find a suitable replacement

wolf-of-wallstreet-im-not-fucking-leaving.gif

even with afb staying. would think we have 600 in the cap to sign jt after releasing curran(480?). would transform our team having an afb jt one two punch. obviously dependant on cowboys but looks like there in a salary cap pinch according to the rumour mill

Not if AFB got an upgrade to stay?????

Thank fuck for that. But.... I do feel a bit salty about how this all unravelled. It feels like our mans was about to cheat on us. But we begged him not too. Promised him the head will get better. Took him back, But the thought of him cheating on us is still in the back of our minds. Cos he may still want to lay some pipe in Aus and leave us at anytime. Lets hope SJ , Webby & co can pull it off for the team 👀 🤣

Ahh, Don't mind me. Thanks for staying Addin!! . For now. If you leave I'll take my thanks back.

I don't think we begged, they sort it out within 24 hours and he's staying for a season, this is some boss move with solicitors with a gun next to his head move lol

Compassionate ground my a$$ lol

Should still sign a gun prop or two for 2025 and if AFB gets sour or pretend to be injured mid season we can try a mid season early swap/play just in ase

If we could somehow get Taumalolo for 24' I think we could really push for a title.

I didn't want to say it, but I was really starting to get a bit of blood flowing at the idea of getting him. Not that I am upset AFB is staying.

I do wonder what moves would have to be made to free up the 800k he would take, assuming the Cowboys were to pay freight.

Back the young Penrith half to be the 4th string half option behind TMM and CHT, and let Ronnie go back to Sydney, and Metcalf to Sydney or Townsville? They would be on enough to get a close I would imagine, and Payten is a lil s*** for our hand-me-downs.

Maybe AFB would even be more interested in staying in 2025 having his toko with him? (orrrrrrrrr, he gets all the attention so Addin wants to leave even more)

Funny how it took the threat of AFB leaving for our hopes of a second prop to go from a Braden Hamlin-Uele to Taumalolo lol

Okay so we keep AFB next year....at this stage who knows 6months from now.
What club does he go to next year?
And who are we trading for him?
Obviously has to be a Sydney club
Personally I'm hoping Sharks
Royce Hunt, BHU, Toby Rudolph

Uncle Nick told him to ask for an early release? Strange situation. The whole compassionate thing can't be that urgent if he's willing to wait 12 months.
I reckon gould. I have a look around heaps of these club forums and been watching the bulldogs one. Heaps of the posters have been speculating on getting one of the Saifiti brothers recently, but one guy said he had some oil of a top prop coming to them but couldn’t say much else and this was a couple of weeks ago. Gould was over here the week before the game against the broncos but thought it was probably to meet Curran with what transpired. Wouldn’t be surprised if any of two things are happening with one being the Warriors threatening tampering with a contracted player in AFB or two being we’re negotiating with players behind the scenes and if we get them he’s free to go. Got no idea, and speculation on my part but really hope he stays for the upcoming season and puts in and all this is due to the ill parents reasoning to uphold my estimation of him.

I expect Cappy, Cammy and Webby are still making contingency plans for what to do if at any given point AFB fronts them and says "I have to go/don't want to be here anymore."

Jeez, it was raining here at Camp Granada for a while, wasn't it?

But might just put that letter to Muddah and Fadduh aside, just in case we need it again, yes?

I reckon gould. I have a look around heaps of these club forums and been watching the bulldogs one. Heaps of the posters have been speculating on getting one of the Saifiti brothers recently, but one guy said he had some oil of a top prop coming to them but couldn’t say much else and this was a couple of weeks ago. Gould was over here the week before the game against the broncos but thought it was probably to meet Curran with what transpired. Wouldn’t be surprised if any of two things are happening with one being the Warriors threatening tampering with a contracted player in AFB or two being we’re negotiating with players behind the scenes and if we get them he’s free to go. Got no idea, and speculation on my part but really hope he stays for the upcoming season and puts in and all this is due to the ill parents reasoning to uphold my estimation of him.
Yeah my guess would be Gus. “We will pay the same as your getting from the warriors + a pub. Come be part of my 16 year premiership plan”

Gould definitely knows how to orchestra this via the media also.

You would think a genuine request for a release would go to the club first and be totally in-house - rather than breaking in the media via Aussie journalists. Fishy as

Back