• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social Have you played rugby league ?

Have you played ?

• No

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Yes - schools

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Yes - domestic club

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Yes - rep

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Yes - other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Played Union all through school.
Local and National league comps at school as well.

First year after College played Premier Rugby but was on the bench the first few rounds and packed a sad like a spoilt brat, my mate talked me into switching to League. Fell in love with it but I was a much better Union player than League at 5 foot 7 😂
Played for 3 years before injuries and work.
Made a comeback playing Premier Union a few years later and done my ACL in Round 3 of the year, never played again aged 24 lol.

NZWarriors.com
Loved rippa, we called it flag down Wgton, in my late 30's had to give up league due to injuries, and played touch but my knee's gave up and then found flag/rippa, totally loved it, loved playing it and watching it too - closest thing I could get to playing league. I found union to be a very brutal game, especially the forwards compared to league, league easier to play, union too complicated and technical for me.
Think backs are relatively’ similar between the codes with league having to make more tackles/contact but Union needing more of a kicking game (outside of the obvious halves).
Forwards I played both and found league it was the general cardio of the essentially 10m shuttles that needed quite a different fitness to that of a Union tight forward. Union it was more of the strength based stuff such as scrums,rucks tight defending etc that took it out of you, was absolutely noticeable when teams would uncontest scrums as to how much more energy you had. Would laugh when a back would have a game in the forwards and get a bit of a shock, at the same time I was an easy target to run around if I got caught defending in the backline