Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocco_Berry
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/rocco-berry/summary.html
The Capewell signing and Berrysiah re-signing on the same day makes the situation a lot clearer.

Now, I have zero inside info, but I'm 99.9% positive that it went a little something.....like......this......

Capewell: Coach, after a lot of thought, I've decided I want to see out my contract at the Broncos and I'll back myself to pick up a contract next year.
Walters: That's great to hear, we really didn't want to lose you. I'll let the Warriors know it's off the table.
Capewell: I really think this is the best decision, coach.
Walters (checking phone): Looks like they just re-signed Rocco Berry long term.
Capewell: .......
Walters ......
Capewell: I'm going to need that immediate release now.
Walters: It'll be done by the end of the day, if they didn't have a coach I'd be on the plane with you. Maybe put in a good word for me anyway.
Capewell: All hail, The Berrysiah.
Walters: All Hail, The Berrysiah.

Need to see him develop a catching game (compete bombs etc)
Webster spoke about the kicks to opposition wingers. Lower kicks giving opposition less time to get into position, blockers, and most importantly not allowing us to overchase it leaving gaps for them to run through.

I still prefer us competing for high balls though.

Webster spoke about the kicks to opposition wingers. Lower kicks giving opposition less time to get into position, blockers, and most importantly not allowing us to overchase it leaving gaps for them to run through.

I still prefer us competing for high balls though.
Interesting tidbit on his logic but I agree we need to compete, it was an obvious weakness last year. How many times did the opposition either get the ball back or force an error when we were receiving? We seemed to very rarely get a challenge into a high ball at all.

I don't know if I have just gaslit myself into him being my favourite player or not, but man, he is good lol

At the moment, assuming RTS opts to rep Samoa, and Joey Manu is off eating croissants or sushi after this season, Rocco and Timoko are centres for the Kiwis at the end of this year for mine

I'd probably even have him in the best centre for the club discussion, by the end of his current contract, if he keeps going the way he has been, sue me

I don't know if I have just gaslit myself into him being my favourite player or not, but man, he is good lol

At the moment, assuming RTS opts to rep Samoa, and Joey Manu is off eating croissants or sushi after this season, Rocco and Timoko are centres for the Kiwis at the end of this year for mine

I'd probably even have him in the best centre for the club discussion, by the end of his current contract, if he keeps going the way he has been, sue me
It's crazy to think he's only 22 and injury permitting, he will hit the half century for career games this year.

Interesting tidbit on his logic but I agree we need to compete, it was an obvious weakness last year. How many times did the opposition either get the ball back or force an error when we were receiving? We seemed to very rarely get a challenge into a high ball at all.
We could develop a short high kick similar to a rugby box kick. Short ball has its place in disrupting defensive structures.

Interesting last year when we went behind against Melbourne we kept doing the same kicks and they just don't make any mistakes, but this year our kicks either pinned them in their 10m and win the territory battle or we outright steal it from them, RTS had 2 and Berry 1 when Coates dropped the ball? 2 tries?

Keep kicking to the right for pressure chases and left to compete with RTS I guess? Quite logical when you think about it, RTS get stepped a bit but Berry seems to time his runs well and glues to the catcher

Can we just put Leiataua on montoyas wing? I live Montoya but I think Leiataua can bring more with him.

Can we just put Leiataua on montoyas wing? I live Montoya but I think Leiataua can bring more with him.

I tried to begin that campaign but we didn't get enough signatures lol
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 2.58.59 PM.png

Not that I have anything against what Montoya has been doing (would have been nice if he didn't try to bump Hughes, and just dug for the corner I guess..) but Ali isn't going to get a hell of a lot of game time over RTS or the GOAT, so don't see the harm in having him play left winger, learn from RTS, and then move in once he has some decent FG under his belt

Last edited:
View attachment 6300

Not that I have anything against what Montoya has been doing (would have been nice if he didn't try to bump Hughes, and just dug for the corner I guess..) but Ali isn't going to get a hell of a lot of game time over RTS or the GOAT, so don't see the harm in having him play left winger, learn from RTS, and then move in once he has some decent FG under his belt
You have mine! 🤣 there is somthing about this kid! I don't want to say arrogance, but a real confidence in himself.

View attachment 6300

what will make or break Webby as a coach is how he handles non injury related changes. What happens when some has a real drop in form and you got these young guys coming through killing it every week in NSW cup? what if we are winning and some one is playing average? does webby drop them or does he not touch a winning formula?

Back