Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
He comes across as being completely on top of his plan and certain of his direction as well as being the sort of bloke who everyone respects. He is quite young to be a head coach without having played NRL but he has a ton of experience for his age, starting at the bottom. His credentials are not based on a professional playing career and I like that

He comes across as being completely on top of his plan and certain of his direction as well as being the sort of bloke who everyone respects. He is quite young to be a head coach without having played NRL but he has a ton of experience for his age, starting at the bottom. His credentials are not based on a professional playing career and I like that
I think his age distorts his experience. He knew at a young age he wasn’t going to make it as a player and started coaching at 23. He’s 41 so 18 years of building experience as a coach.

Webster has an extra 10 years coaching experience on most former NRL players and built his way up through a true long term apprenticeship based on results rather than reputation.

For comparison Benji is going to be head coach next year with basically a years experience as an assistant…

I can't wait for the NRL 360 crew to have egg on their faces come next Monday when the Warriors had beaten Penrith and go into the Minor Final. That means we won't go out in straight sets. I know it's a long shot, and Penrith starts favourite but it's not going to be an easy match for them, and all it takes is a ten-minute team talk at half time to get the Warriors back on track, which has happened throughout the season. Webster wants to get the upper hand on his former mentor.

Believe in Webster

He will have something up his sleave and show that if even if we do get beaten Week 1 we will win Week 2.

wizard of Tauranga wizards rage I listened to this a couple of years ago. Rogan is a dick but every now and again he has amazing guests.

I can't get into the Seals.

They came to Waiuru for some games with the NZSAS, the Seals got hypothermia and had to tap.

They are blow hards. Compare these guys to Willie Apiata.

We don't blow arse about our elites and the things they get up to.

Bottom line the SAS is superior.

So these guy hit Bin Laden, and old man with a machine gun and a few goat herders with guns...shot up the the wives and are now the baddest men on the planet publishing books etc.

Even that Andy Mcnab is full of it, a New Zealand SAS man was taken to court by the British home office because he wrote a true account of the failed British SAS mission and the poms couldn't handle the truth from a Kiwi who was there, so they banned the book.

Our piss weak system bowed to the home office and didnt support his freedom of speech.

I can't get into the Seals.

They came to Waiuru for some games with the NZSAS, the Seals got hypothermia and had to tap.

They are blow hards. Compare these guys to Willie Apiata.

We don't blow arse about our elites and the things they get up to.

Bottom line the SAS is superior.

So these guy hit Bin Laden, and old man with a machine gun and a few goat herders with guns...shot up the the wives and are now the baddest men on the planet publishing books etc.

Even that Andy Mcnab is full of it, a New Zealand SAS man was taken to court by the British home office because he wrote a true account of the failed British SAS mission and the poms couldn't handle the truth from a Kiwi who was there, so they banned the book.

Our piss weak system bowed to the home office and didnt support his freedom of speech.
Have you read the accounts of the 28th Battalion on 27 May 1941 on 42nd Street in Crete? It was that day that the Māori Battalion earned the name the "Knife Men" from the British soldiers. They fixed their bayonets and attacked positions occupied by elite German Mountain Troops. They killed over eighty Germans as they overran four defensive lines and lost only 6 men with 10 wounded.

Later, when the remaining troops were fleeing to waiting naval ships to be evacuated to Egypt, two companies from the Māori Battalion came across a unit of British commandos providing cover for the retreating soldiers. Although they were told to keep going to the port, they joined with the commandos and halted the German advance allowing a large number of the British and Commonwealth forces to be evacuated. I had one uncle captured in Crete and another who was hidden by Crete locals until he was able to be taken of Crete by a small fishing boat.

Bernard Freyberg, the General Officer Commanding of the 2NZEF, commented, "No infantry had a more distinguished record, or saw more fighting, or, alas, had such heavy casualties, as the Maori Battalion."

There's debate over whether Afrika Korps commander, Erwin Rommel or his Chief of Staff, General Siegfried Wesphal made the famous quote, "Give me the Maori Battalion and I will conquer the world". Either way, that is an amazing amount of respect shown to one's enemy.

The RAF 75th squadron was a bomber squadron made up of Kiwis. It was the only Squadron transferred by the RAF at the end of WW2 to another country. Since then, the RAF have never had another 75th squadron.

The original long range desert group had were all NZ soldiers with British officers.

One of the ships that cornered the German pocket battleship, the Graf Spee at the Battle of the River Plate, was the HMNZS Achilles, a British light cruiser loaned to NZ in 1936 and crew by Kiwis.

On a personal note, my father was with a group of Kiwi engineers who used their "#8 wire" mentality to repair airfields in the Pacific theater, airfields which the US Engineers considered "unrepairable" and had abandoned.

For a tiny country, we certainly "punch above our weight".

Back