Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
It has become apparent that we have to use some of the AFB money to upgrade and extend Egan. Plus, I feel that we have been decent even with AFB not on the field. Maybe we don't need a big signing there?

Laban's continued development could be an important factor as it could give us a bit more of a buffer to avoid Barnett and Niukore getting shifted to an edge in the case of injury as we've seen so far this year.

It has become apparent that we have to use some of the AFB money to upgrade and extend Egan. Plus, I feel that we have been decent even with AFB not on the field. Maybe we don't need a big signing there?
Barnett’s gone to another level in the middle, opposition struggling to put him on the ground like AFB. Shame we’re not getting a glimpse of how he and Niukore cope with the middle

• 435324012_18230183761266894_7857866832652553294_n.jpg

Hopefully the Warriors are monitoring this

that would be dreamy if he wanted to come home for a year or two...

Just 73m out of Zyon Maiu’u yesterday, including 29 from kick returns, to bring his season average to 80m per game.
26 tackles however to bring his season total to 57 tackles, 6 misses, 1 ineffective for a success rate of 89%.

Reserve grade isn't always an indication of first grade success, Josh Curran shown that, but Zyon Maiu’u's form pales in comparison to his start to the year in 2023 where he went 119m or more in his first 4 games of the season

Just 73m out of Zyon Maiu’u yesterday, including 29 from kick returns, to bring his season average to 80m per game.
26 tackles however to bring his season total to 57 tackles, 6 misses, 1 ineffective for a success rate of 89%.

Reserve grade isn't always an indication of first grade success, Josh Curran shown that, but Zyon Maiu’u's form pales in comparison to his start to the year in 2023 where he went 119m or more in his first 4 games of the season

I'm actually happy to hear this.

One of hardest skills to learn and enjoy - tackling.

A real grind of a job that most people shy away from.

Probably told to go learn that trade until its muscle memory. It will pay dividends when he steps up to FG.

I reckon everyone in reserve should be using that experience to master their defensive craft. Its the sort of philosophy i would expect from AW

Attacking talent is usually aways a given.

I'm actually happy to hear this.

One of hardest skills to learn and enjoy - tackling.

A real grind of a job that most people shy away from.

Probably told to go learn that trade until its muscle memory. It will pay dividends when he steps up to FG.

I reckon everyone in reserve should be using that experience to master their defensive craft. Its the sort of philosophy i would expect from AW

Attacking talent is usually aways a given.
His tackle efficiency was on the 90's last season no? He does seem a bit off what he was last year, but happy he's back in grade. Hoping he gets a debut this season. Maybe seeing how his good mate went in the weekend could spur on some cup form.

James Hooper reporting Lawrie and Ravalawa positions at the Dragons are under review.
I would take Lawrie in a heartbeat. He’s a brute, an enforcer.
I think Webby could get every bit of talent out of him.
We have Tom Ale who I rate more than Lawrie, he's a good prop but we have many props the same size.