International Pacific Championship

Johnson was good in commentary. A good mix of insight and also adding some humour or being relaxed when needed.

Now I can enjoy it for a few more weeks but don't get comfortable up there. Your sound better in 2024 after another good year with the Warriors. Or 2025 or 2026 if the body holds up.

Foran was good in the middle. Would have been a tough game doing the dummy half and defending in the middle.

Hughes, I loved some of those short kicks.

The Kiwis forwards damn they were impressive.

It would be good if NAS tidied up some of his discipline but if Bellamy yelling at him hasn't helped Mcguire doing it for a few weeks won't make much difference. He has some poor play the balls, usually missing it with his foot. He did one where he connected and it went back to foran like it was fired out of a cannon.

If intl was actually regular we might get more people behind it. I know intl league has never been that popular but I swear it was much healthier when the Tri nations was a regular occurrence, or was it just me?

We got 45k to the Eden Park double header in 2010. The Welly test v England got a big crowd.

We somehow got 20k less at Eden Park tonight even with essentially another "home team" playing to help draw a crowd.

Crighton made a few critical mistakes for the Samoans.

I was keen to see how Volkman when he came on. He basically just shuffled the ball on. But he didn't look too bad a dummy half. He nailed the short kick offs, the issue was more the guys catching or not being their for the pat back.

50-0 scoreline is so bad for the game

Every time the Island crowds boo the Haka they get a hiding.

First time I saw it was at Mt Smart vs Samoa, the Kiwis were booed and thrashed them by 70.

While this is a termporary set back for Samoa, they still have a great future to look forward to.

The Kiwis really needed this.

They were facing down eleven no shows and a real test of their depth.

The new generation look way better than the old dogs like the Bromwich bros whose time has come and gone.

Crighton made a few critical mistakes for the Samoans.

I was keen to see how Volkman when he came on. He basically just shuffled the ball on. But he didn't look too bad a dummy half. He nailed the short kick offs, the issue was more the guys catching or not being their for the pat back.

Terrible injection into a lost game for Volkman.

Totally looked like the Coach suddenly woke up to the reality that you need an organizer in the halves and just threw him out there and hoped.

Spewing- we got billy slater in aus.
Not that he’s bad.

Yeah, as expected SJ killed it in commentary, he knows his place, he can just chat away and tell you exactly what is going on with every player, what they like, how they work things out, who is playing really well in given moments.

No hyperbole. No boring ass bias, just talking and connecting directly with us at home.

He has always had that skill and he is the best sports commentator in NZ bar none.

Really enjoyed this game.
Robinson the coach of the Roosters is certainly going to have to reprogramme Spencer Leniu.
I was impressed with all our forwards and all our backs,.
Timoko is sharp hadn’t picked up on this guy before
Fox did a great job at dummy half.
CNK great the whole bloody team.
Madge thanks looked a good game plan.
We can beat the Kangaroos.
Fox in Oz had Warren Smith and Michael Ennis commentating but it could have been Rex Mossop didn’t matter enjoyed it immensely
Even though watched the first half live and second half five hours later had to go to my grandaughters sixth birthday in between

Give ‘em a taste of Kiwi
Show em your the best

We did today

To be fair 6 of the 9 tries were scored by players with Samoan heritage. And the crowd celebrated every one of our tries despite being 90% samoa supporters. The atmosphere was epic.
One could say the great percentage of the two teams were born in Nz.
Thus one could say they had Kiwi heritage.
Yes Mulitalo and Isaako scored most of the trys but I m sure anyone else we put in at 2 or 5 would have also scored.