Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Riley Price is any good?

Still only 22, and has been playing 80 minutes regularly in the middle and on the edge in Q-Cup, often leading the tackle count, and we know Webby loves an 80-minute Ford Forward..

He's off contract for next year and won't be resigned by the Cowboys (fair enough with Nanai, Luki, Hess, Leilua, Finefueiaki), but above all else, I am a slut for a good story lol

By my count, we still have 2 or 3 vacant development contract spots

Still only 22, and has been playing 80 minutes regularly in the middle and on the edge in Q-Cup, often leading the tackle count, and we know Webby loves an 80-minute Ford Forward..

He's off contract for next year and won't be resigned by the Cowboys (fair enough with Nanai, Luki, Hess, Leilua, Finefueiaki), but above all else, I am a slut for a good story lol

Pretty sure Price is going to the panthers.

The NRL player market will impacted heavily by a new controversial "backflip" clause set to be introduced from next season, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

Clubs and player agents were sent the NRL's salary cap and contracting model document, with the most significant change being the "last right of negotiation" clause added into the agreement.

The clause will give incumbent clubs a 10-day period to convince a player not to join a rival team.

While the new rules state that the incumbent club will be told when a player is willing to accept an offer elsewhere, they won't be told the terms of the deal with the rival club. The incumbent club will then have 10 days to table a better offer to the player.

Essentially, the move places more power in the hands of players and player agents, who have the ability to backflip on an offer from the incumbent at the end of the 10-day cooling-off period.

A player agent who spoke to the publication on the condition of anonymity, said the decision could see players employ the same tactic as Daly Cherry-Evans, when he knocked back a four-year, multimillion-dollar deal with the Gold Coast Titans to accept a $10 million contract with Manly in 2015.

"Every negotiation could have a Daly Cherry-Evans affect," the agent said.

"Some managers and recruitment managers team up to make other successful clubs pay a higher price," the agent said. "It could be crazy giving some managers this much power to influence an outcome.

"What's stopping a player from agreeing with a rival club without any intention of following through? This just opens Pandora's Box."

If these rules were in place this season, then several moves within the player market would have been influenced.

For instance, Stephen Crichton signed on with Canterbury before hearing an offer from Penrith due to stalled talks.

Under the new rules, the Panthers would have had 10 days to put forward an offer to Crichton in a bid to persuade him to stay at the foot of the mountains

The NRL player market will impacted heavily by a new controversial "backflip" clause set to be introduced from next season, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

Clubs and player agents were sent the NRL's salary cap and contracting model document, with the most significant change being the "last right of negotiation" clause added into the agreement.

The clause will give incumbent clubs a 10-day period to convince a player not to join a rival team.

While the new rules state that the incumbent club will be told when a player is willing to accept an offer elsewhere, they won't be told the terms of the deal with the rival club. The incumbent club will then have 10 days to table a better offer to the player.

Essentially, the move places more power in the hands of players and player agents, who have the ability to backflip on an offer from the incumbent at the end of the 10-day cooling-off period.

A player agent who spoke to the publication on the condition of anonymity, said the decision could see players employ the same tactic as Daly Cherry-Evans, when he knocked back a four-year, multimillion-dollar deal with the Gold Coast Titans to accept a $10 million contract with Manly in 2015.

"Every negotiation could have a Daly Cherry-Evans affect," the agent said.

"Some managers and recruitment managers team up to make other successful clubs pay a higher price," the agent said. "It could be crazy giving some managers this much power to influence an outcome.

"What's stopping a player from agreeing with a rival club without any intention of following through? This just opens Pandora's Box."

If these rules were in place this season, then several moves within the player market would have been influenced.

For instance, Stephen Crichton signed on with Canterbury before hearing an offer from Penrith due to stalled talks.

Under the new rules, the Panthers would have had 10 days to put forward an offer to Crichton in a bid to persuade him to stay at the foot of the mountains
The more power to the players and away from the NRL will end up that the more the dominant clubs keep benefiting at the less marketable clubs expense.

Slightly off topic...sorry...but I was just looking at likely Kiwi halves this season, and all I could think of were SJ and Kieran Foran.
I don't even know if they are available, but are they the best going?
Volkman is a Mozzie, CHT is an international half for Samoa, is that it?

I would be happy to pass on Johnson for a kiwis test. If the kiwis are serious about building a squad for the world cup then SJ is backup to Hughes and Brown.
What world cup ? The one Australia always seems to win ? No point playing test with Australia because most our kiwis are mozzies now, it's pretty much Kiwis vs Multicultural team

When you have Aussies reffing most matches you know it's rigged, when you have some teams that can't even train on some fields you know it's rigged, when they can't even get airfares right you know it's rigged. End of story not gonna keep mumbling on I'd be happy to just pull out of world cup and focus on Tonga, Fiji Samoa & PNG one off tests or best of three, we should be helping them out not helping Australia out they get enough help as it is

Back