Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
On potential he’s the closest to AFB we could hope for I reckon. Hard to say how busted this knee is also
Providing he passed a stringent medical and Cowboys paid a decent portion of his $1m salary, I think he would be excellent for us.
Clearly he is not happy. Even so, his form last year was not that bad. I have confidence in our coaching staff getting the best out of him and using him in a way that we get value for money. Would be great to have him along side our young blokes while they develop.

You forgetting that irrelevant game last year, otherwise known as the prelim final? CNK has been great however Walsh is in a different stratosphere.
How could I forget- I've never seen such a blatant forward pass let go.
If u want to judge them on 1 game though lets compare their most recent one- walsh stunk up the gf (has been said he cost them the game...) while cnk carved up the kangaroos...
Walsh is a rare talent but cnk is a better fit for us and imho if someone pays walsh north of a mil theyll live to regret it.

How could I forget- I've never seen such a blatant forward pass let go.
If u want to judge them on 1 game though lets compare their most recent one- walsh stunk up the gf (has been said he cost them the game...) while cnk carved up the kangaroos...
Walsh is a rare talent but cnk is a better fit for us and imho if someone pays walsh north of a mil theyll live to regret it.
Walsh was brilliant nearly the entire 2023 season, including origin. However I get it, his beauty makes you uncomfortable.

Walsh was brilliant nearly the entire 2023 season, including origin. However I get it, his beauty makes you uncomfortable.
He certainly is dreamy. Perhaps he used to think players would fall over from his beauty when he used to wave them on through at fullback for us on defence? No denying he’s a great player in their system and was learning his trade here but CNK suits our system. Would love to have seen him at 6 with us

I’d say he’s struggling with giving a fuck. He hates Payton, Payton hates him.
Exactly my thoughts on this. Payten has been sending subliminals his way ever since he got there. Injuries aside, Trying to get pushed out the club by your coach would do my head in too.
He reminds me a bit of SJ & Koroisau. Talent galore. But injuries & beef with the club lead to a downfall in performances.

SJ is playing his best footy with us now.
Api was talked about as a possible wahs recruit. No one wanted him here. He came right.
Taumalolo is to talented & physically gifted to not have a look at. Imagine if he found form of old? Our club benefits 10 fold. Especially if we got him cheap enough. New surroundings, A fresh start. Who knows.

No it’s his errors, selfish attitude and crazy price tag make me uncomfortable but if someone wants to pay it good luck to him.

Getting him for BHU money after freight with this output.... I'd take it all day 🤣

Does make u wonder how much of taumalolos salary we would be willing to pick up (and how much the cowboys would be willing to absorb).
I think the bigger issue is the length of the contact rather than the cost of it.

He certainly is dreamy. Perhaps he used to think players would fall over from his beauty when he used to wave them on through at fullback for us on defence? No denying he’s a great player in their system and was learning his trade here but CNK suits our system. Would love to have seen him at 6 with us
at 6 waving players through?

I think fullback is easily his best position. Hides his frailties while allowing him to inject his speed where he sees in attack.

at 6 waving players through?

I think fullback is easily his best position. Hides his frailties while allowing him to inject his speed where he sees in attack.
Personally that was where I was at with him such was my frustration but I think that was the whole team through that period. I was so used to the defensive efforts of RTS that when he was replaced by Walsh there just seemed to be a lack of effort though incomparable with where they were at with their respective careers. At that time I thought we may have been able to absorb his poor defence in the line rather than him being a non existent last line and his cut out passes and rainbow passes are top shelf. Attack wise he could be lethal for us chiming into the line like CNK but CNK’s effort is infectious and can fill centre if needed.

After watching a couple of plays yesterday I would pass on JT.
He is my number 13 in my all time great team.
But taking the ball up off the kick off he was dominated and driven back like I’ve never seen before. Also general play he didn’t look like a shell of his former self.
Absolute legend but think wear and tear has caught up with him.

Peter Badel reporting Walsh close to signing a 4 million dollar deal to see him at the club till end of 2028/2029.

Will be interesting to see where this leaves the broncos salary cap.
Less than he could probably get elsewhere but no doubt there are TPA deals and other shenanigans on top... maybe his toddler's developed an early interest in boats or property investment.

Less than he could probably get elsewhere but no doubt there are TPA deals and other shenanigans on top... maybe his toddler's developed an early interest in boats or property investment.
There’s also the age old interest in nfl or union that goes with all these articles and obviously designed to drive the clients price up by the manager so perhaps it’s not as much of a done deal as badel reports? Ezra Mam’s re signing was a done deal by him but took ages to be finalised, though Mam re signed at not an over the top figure.

After watching a couple of plays yesterday I would pass on JT.
He is my number 13 in my all time great team.
But taking the ball up off the kick off he was dominated and driven back like I’ve never seen before. Also general play he didn’t look like a shell of his former self.
Absolute legend but think wear and tear has caught up with him.
That was my thought too but being such an elder statesman now, you have to wonder how much he’s preserving himself for the season. I noticed SJ was reasonably subdued too and was goal kicking, so injury obviously wasn’t hampering him

100% he will have been keeping his powder dry. Week 2 of Preseason Challenge in 2023 he made 128m & didn't break a tackle. RD1 2023 201m & 4 TBs. Only real question is can he remain injury free
You can imagine that if theres anything going on behind the that it would be super hush hush with his profile. Should hear from the media if there’s any talk of cowboys shopping him at all? If they not getting as much as required for his salary, you’d have to imagine they would need to recruit a front rower perhaps? They’ve got McLean who’s at the back end of his career and Hess in the same boat with only really Neame looking like their front rower guaranteed going forward. New recruit Thomas Mikaele played alright but only early days. Still reckon that big physical Finefeuiaki would make a good front rower

Back