Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:

Curran has been told to go according to the Mole.

I’m a JC fan Yessir

Previous posters had suggested attuitude

Fitness had been also raised

No doubt spider webby has a soft spot for Ford and he is more cash friendly

I hope we are making way for that 2 piece combo prop attack

For the record love JC energy and guts to hit the line

This game be a sport it be entertainment but end of the day it be business

2023/2024 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitch Barnett
4Rocco Berry
5Josh Curran
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Tohu Harris
10Chanel Harris-Tavita
11Shaun Johnson
12Valingi Kepu*
13Edward Kosi
-Jacob LabanDev
14Ali Leiataua
15Freddy Lussick
-Zyon Maiu’u*Dev
16Te Maire Martin
17Luke Metcalf
18Marcelo Montoya
19Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
20Marata Niukore
21Adam Pompey
22Demitric SifakulaClub
23Jazz Tevaga
-Taine Tuaupiki*Club
24Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
25Ronald Volkman
26Dylan Walker
27Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Confirmed Top 30: 27/30 (Unconfirmed 28/30)
Confirmed Development: 2/6 (Unconfirmed 4/6)
Unconfirmed: Zyon Maiu’u upgraded to top 30, Patrick Moimoi upgraded to Development, Leka Halamasia upgraded to Development, Tanner Stowers-Smith upgraded to Development, Taine Tuaupiki option activated, Valingi Kepu released.
Valingi Kepu departure confirmed at the end of season awards, see below link

Reckon it’ll be bulldogs. Had a feeling when I read he was coming over a few weeks ago. Got no idea to be fair but wouldn’t be surprised.
He would be back to the bench at the Bulldogs again?

Remember in the last preseason when fox done an article about the one player each club needs to sign. They said warriors needed to sign Waqa Blake. We all had a good laugh as we didn’t need a centre who couldn’t tackle or catch.

New article today from fox - NRL players without a contract for next year, and where they will sign.
Guess who they think will sign Waqa Blake for 2024 🤣🤣🤣

Remember in the last preseason when fox done an article about the one player each club needs to sign. They said warriors needed to sign Waqa Blake. We all had a good laugh as we didn’t need a centre who couldn’t tackle or catch.

New article today from fox - NRL players without a contract for next year, and where they will sign.
Guess who they think will sign Waqa Blake for 2024 🤣🤣🤣
That "journalist" needs to do some research ffs lol

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Curran moves on. He has talked himself about issues with motivation and lifestyle in the past. It is quite conceivable that this could be a lingering issue.

I love Curran's attitude and energy, but I've always thought that he was susceptible to losing his concentration at moments later in games and missing a clanger of a tackle etc. I'm not sure that Webby would necessarily trust him beyond his late bursts off the bench. I will say that Curran has improved immensely as a player.

I wonder if they are clearing the decks for Papali'i.

Curran is a lock in my mind, always played best for us when making a bunch of tackles and hanging around the middle. The problem is his passing isn't that great for ball playing, or getting the ball to his centre. There is no space in the current side for him to be more than a bench player. I think he's on good $$, he re signed when we were trash and he was going great.

Will be sad to see him go, the guy is all passion on the pitch. But I think Sifakula, Laban and Halamasia are guns in the second row and need blooding next year. We need to start bringing these guys through, and I think we'll see that next year. Williame wasn't going to get a game with Ali coming through, so that's a good roster free up for us. Might be building a nice pot for a decent prop in 2024 after all..

Back