Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Josh Schuster granted immediate release

Edit: I wouldn't take him lol
Could webby and the boys around him be the difference? In past years of the Warriors I am the same, but webby could work some magic, he could be good under Walker and tohu?

And at 22 we have time to turn him around. I actually wouldn't mind it, that would be jazz though.

Obviously not on the coin he's on!

Fifita has some of the best highlights of any forward but he doesn’t have the substance of most decent forwards. His highlights don’t justify his $$$. Big waste of money for mine. Just doesn’t have the drive or work rate as yet to justify my interest. I hope he finds the right spot where he may turn the corner but I would hate for us to take that risk.

No work ethic
Would have been perfect for the Old Warriors though 😂

Him
Manu
Konnie
Bam bam Lisone
Packer

What a group?!

Feel so bad for Simon Mannering. Imagine if he was still playing with this group ?!

Ranting… 🗣️

m Were the wraps* in NSW cup for him playing edge/13 or from prop though?

Because I feel prior to last pre-season when Webby arrived that was where he played in cup. Whether he trained as a prop all pre-season or just came in with Barnett's injury as next cab off who knows.

It's a fair bit of a change to go from playing edge/13 in cup to playing prop in FG, atleast for someone of Ale's size.

Young props that hit the ground running in FG are pretty hard to find I feel, maybe that's changing with the speed of the game? But prior to all these rule changes bar some outliers, props were generally hitting their prime around 28 or so.

Big fan of Ale, and pretty happy with where he is at if he keeps maturing in FG. Will play a key role next season with AFB leaving, and his size suits where the game is going speed wise.
All of the above.

Also thought Ale looked a bit podgy for the next great 13 so I questioned his commitment.

Being shorter and Beefy is fine at prop though. I have felt a bit sorry for him out there being bumped around, and the thing about how long it takes to adjust to prop, but he looked really good last week, hitting it up with nice timing, making some impact.

I still suspect we may need to buy another Prop, but like others have said, another prospect that is has the size is probably the better way to go than someone more expensive and established....maybe...it is a tricky one.

Not good enough, why no? 😂
Never seen someone look for less work than him.

Actively moves to the other side of the ruck to avoid tackling.

If it ain't a no look pass 10m from the defensive line then he's not interested in partaking.

Makes David Fafita look like an absolute workhorse.

Yeah okay I get that, I just wonder if it could be a good project for webby.

Bro he'd be a mean pet project and 100% would back Webby to get something out of him.

We're probably a bit flush with back rowers atm and Schuster would need to take a massive pay cut, and put his hand up and say he's willing to work his arse off. I personally don't think it will happen, but getting Schuster for 4-500k would be pretty great, but the talk we've heard of him being entitled, demanding the 6 jumper and all of that lazy shit would need to go. I can't see that happening if someone like the Dragons validate his hurt feelings and give him 700k + tho

He would potentially be a Warriors old style signing. We aren't a pity project club anymore. Develop juniors and sign quality from outside where there is a gap that needs filling.
Think his most consistent form so far was when Hasler was at manly, but up and down even then demanding positions he wanted to play. Rumours been he’s off to the titans but perhaps dragons if he wants to stay in Sydney?