Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fucking gormless cunts.
the both of them.
1707635617309.jpeg

Whuh?

Gerry Brownlee says the privacy of people with 'lobbying roles' should be protected, while officials have drawn up a new code of conduct.​

The identities of people allowed to freely come and go from Parliament have been made secret by the new Speaker.

Gerry Brownlee told RNZ he did not agree with the blanket ban on lobbyists having swipe card access and some discretion was needed.
He had approved swipe card access for about four new people, who he said could be described as having lobbying roles. But they were not employed by professional lobbying firms and largely had jobs assisting parties in Parliament.
He would not be "facilitating commercial activities" for lobbying firms. But in a departure from previous Speakers, Brownlee said he wouldn't publish the 'approved visitor list' of people with swipe card access to Parliament, in order to protect their privacy.

Last edited:
The RBNZ are going to be releasing the new rules regarding income to debt ratios soon. If they go done the route previously spoken about, households with a 20% deposit buying a median valued house in Auckland will need a pre-tax income of over $170,000 per year to buy a median priced house in Auckland. Since the latest figures for the median household income was just over $120,000 PA, how are FHB’s (even with significant help from the bank of Mum and Dad) going to ever be able to afford a house?

The debt to income ratio that was spoken about last year was that borrowers could borrow a maximum of six times their household income. That means that a household earning $120,000 could borrow a maximum of $720,000 meaning they would need will need a deposit of $330,000 (31.5%) to buy a median priced house in Auckland of $1.05 million.

The RBNZ are going to be releasing the new rules regarding income to debt ratios soon. If they go done the route previously spoken about, households with a 20% deposit buying a median valued house in Auckland will need a pre-tax income of over $170,000 per year to buy a median priced house in Auckland. Since the latest figures for the median household income was just over $120,000 PA, how are FHB’s (even with significant help from the bank of Mum and Dad) going to ever be able to afford a house?

The debt to income ratio that was spoken about last year was that borrowers could borrow a maximum of six times their household income. That means that a household earning $120,000 could borrow a maximum of $720,000 meaning they would need will need a deposit of $330,000 (31.5%) to buy a median priced house in Auckland of $1.05 million.
I wouldn't necessarily equate a median income = median house

The reasons being:
1. People's first homes are typically on the bottom of the ladder. Over time, people will trade up as their needs increase, along with their equity growth
2. "Income" is a snapshot a single point / year in time. You actually need to sustain a median income for a number of years to have median wealth. You might hit median income at say, 35, but it woun't be until you are say, 40, that you hit median wealth
3. As population increases, land will become scarcer and more valuable. So it will be harder to afford a house and those that bought earlier will make up the mean (of valuable properties), yet might not earn the median income

So therefore I wouldn't expect "average" wage earners to necessarily buy "average" houses as their first homes.

I think it is pretty intuitive that a median income of $120k would need a 20% deposit ($180k) and borrow $720k to buy a $900k first home. The house would be below the median house, but surely well above the lower quartile.

I don't know many FHB's that, off the bat, would be buying a house in the middle of the range. I'd imagine they'd trade up to the middle of the range as their second house once they've built up enough equity and savings

Which FHB can realistically buy a median priced house in Auckland without the help of Mum & Dad?
Are you against a DTI or just the ratios?

Here comes the privatisation - the war on nature, the war on the poor

Removal of oversight.

Removal of visibility of lobbying.

The posters on the right here - are you all okay with this?

TRIGGER WARNING FOR INRUIN: I'm not. It's CORRUPT.

The posters on the right here - did you vote for this? Because none of these parties campaigned on any of this. But it's who they are.

The war on the poor and unemployed - yet at the same time neoliberalist policies are manufacturing a recession and deliberately aiming to increase unemployment 1.5% minimum. At the same time opening the migration doors to keep wages down.

All for increasing profits and wealth extraction. Corrupt and rotten to the core.

View: https://twitter.com/EnviroManawatu/status/1756822253516492941

Which FHB can realistically buy a median priced house in Auckland without the help of Mum & Dad?
Are you against a DTI or just the ratios?
The problem with DTI ratios is that it targets the wrong people. It affects those who need to borrow the most, who are usually first home buyers..... investors and property speculators aren't affected as they use the equity they have in other properties as their deposit. They then add the rental or profit they expect to receive on to their other income so it distorts their income side of the ratio.

Removal of oversight.

The posters on the right here - did you vote for this? Because none of these parties campaigned on any of this. But it's who they are.

The war on the poor and unemployed - yet at the same time neoliberalist policies are manufacturing a recession and deliberately aiming to increase unemployment 1.5% minimum. At the same time opening the migration doors to keep wages down.

All for increasing profits and wealth extraction. Corrupt and rotten to the core.

I think you are getting confused with who gets triggered. Check your mirror for the answer! 🪞

"Its not a fucking donation!"

Removal of oversight.

One really big problem.... no one actually knows what part of the RMA is going to be altered to speed up consents and no one has any idea of whether these changes will effect the environmental side of the RMA or the council processing side or consultation side.

As someone who deals with the RMA on a weekly basis, there are areas which could definitely speed up without affecting the environmental protections within it.

I think you are getting confused with who gets triggered. Check your mirror for the answer! 🪞

"Its not a fucking donation!"
Well, if you post crap as truth it needs accountability (yes, yes, I say this in the full knowledge of what I post. Which can be backed up.)

It's not a fucking donation. Don't hear you guys owning up to that bullshit.

One really big problem.... no one actually knows what part of the RMA is going to be altered to speed up consents and no one has any idea of whether these changes will effect the environmental side of the RMA or the council processing side or consultation side.

As someone who deals with the RMA on a weekly basis, there are areas which could definitely speed up without affecting the environmental protections within it.
No doubt. But in my opinion it won't be those parts they're looking to change.

Well, if you post crap as truth it needs accountability (yes, yes, I say this in the full knowledge of what I post. Which can be backed up.)

It's not a fucking donation. Don't hear you guys owning up to that bullshit.
Again, you are clearly confused who is getting triggered.

Back