Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
My only real worry I have about CHT is he chose to bail when things got rough. How invested is he in his career? He came back, like RTS because it got good here. Does he have the hunger to keep improving? He missed a whole year of coaching.
Also says Brown and Peter O Sullivan didn’t rate him which was part of his decision to leave. Interesting CHT’s time away seems to have brought out his doubters again after he had largely won them over before he left. It’s amazing what belief does and with Webster apparently seeking out CHT to return, that’s an indication to me that he sees something too. Especially being Samoa assistant coach at the World Cup with CHT in his team. I get the feeling that defence is always going to let Metcalf down, wasn’t able to make the manly 1st grade team where he went to the sharks for the same result. I hope he does come right because he’s been regarded as someone to watch for the last couple of seasons but he’s a 6. I do agree with those that see potential in Metcalf 6 and CHT 7.

Also says Brown and Peter O Sullivan didn’t rate him which was part of his decision to leave. Interesting CHT’s time away seems to have brought out his doubters again after he had largely won them over before he left. It’s amazing what belief does and with Webster apparently seeking out CHT to return, that’s an indication to me that he sees something too. Especially being Samoa assistant coach at the World Cup with CHT in his team. I get the feeling that defence is always going to let Metcalf down, wasn’t able to make the manly 1st grade team where he went to the sharks for the same result. I hope he does come right because he’s been regarded as someone to watch for the last couple of seasons but he’s a 6. I do agree with those that see potential in Metcalf 6 and CHT 7.

I've always been a harsh critic of CHT. I loved his attitude and D, just thought he didn't have enough it as an NRL starting half given the way he performed.

Obviously there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then, and with how everyone seemed to I prove under Webby I was quite excited to see CHT in that utility role and see what he could bring under Webby.

However with Volkman leaving and the assumption that CHT has shown improvements under Webby, I have a sneaky feeling that he could finish 2024 as our starting 6 next to SJ.

CHT looked poor in a poor team with a poor coach, but had a great attitude and awesome defence... surely that improves.

If CHT goes well this year I'll eat my humble pie and have him as my display pic for the offseason 😍

I've always been a harsh critic of CHT. I loved his attitude and D, just thought he didn't have enough it as an NRL starting half given the way he performed.

Obviously there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then, and with how everyone seemed to I prove under Webby I was quite excited to see CHT in that utility role and see what he could bring under Webby.

However with Volkman leaving and the assumption that CHT has shown improvements under Webby, I have a sneaky feeling that he could finish 2024 as our starting 6 next to SJ.

CHT looked poor in a poor team with a poor coach, but had a great attitude and awesome defence... surely that improves.

If CHT goes well this year I'll eat my humble pie and have him as my display pic for the offseason 😍
I’m right with you about finding the whole Volkman thing being weird. Find it really interesting that he still has his Warriors number on his instagram page and no reference of joining the dragons. Really doesn’t mean anything as some players keep all their team numbers on their instagram page but look how quickly Kurt Capewell had changed his to up the wahs.

Interesting seeing reports that panthers are training their new recruit Paul Alamoti in the forwards after he played at centre for the bulldogs. Others have mentioned Pompey as a second rower, they’re both big bodies that could successfully make the switch?

Interesting seeing reports that panthers are training their new recruit Paul Alamoti in the forwards after he played at centre for the bulldogs. Others have mentioned Pompey as a second rower, they’re both big bodies that could successfully make the switch?

Alamoti for Hoskings you reckon?
That will be handy for Fantasy NRL lol, love a player who plays in the forwards but is listed as a centre 😍

Might be his long term future but we need props not more hybrid 2nd rowers. I'd rather see King Kosi bulk up for the middle, could be a weapon. Still no news on the recruitment front, looks like no one else is coming?

Last edited:
I think he wants out already……doubt he will re-sign
I’m sure I read after the last season ended both Metcalf and Volkman had asked for releases. It was never mentioned here since I’ve been back so I assumed I made it up.

Also wouldn’t there be question marks of Pompeys defence at second row?

Might be his long term future but we need props not more hybrid 2nd rowers. I'd rather see King Kosi bulk up for the middle, could be a weapon. Still no news on the recruitment front, looks like no one else is coming?
If Niukore works out in the front row and Pompey could transition successfully to second row it could kill two birds type scenario. One of the young guys could kill it too, Laban is getting big but looks like defence needs some work in that NZa game? All hypothetical anyway.

If Niukore works out in the front row and Pompey could transition successfully to second row it could kill two birds type scenario. One of the young guys could kill it too, Laban is getting big but looks like defence needs some work in that NZa game? All hypothetical anyway.
It is all hypothetical, Ed has a big frame but if he fills out he might just be a fat winger, who knows. Not much else to speculate about on a recruitment thread with no recruitment news.

Back