Social đŸ¨ Things to do in Sydney

In August, my wife has a conference in Sydney and we’re both going over a few days earlier. Unfortunately, it’s on a weekend when the Warriors are playing back in Auckland.

She wants to go to the Opera House and I want to walk the Harbour Bridge but, apart from shopping, can’t think of anything else.

Any suggestions on what do to, where to eat (and where to avoid)

Cheers.

In August, my wife has a conference in Sydney and we’re both going over a few days earlier. Unfortunately, it’s on a weekend when the Warriors are playing back in Auckland.

She wants to go to the Opera House and I want to walk the Harbour Bridge but, apart from shopping, can’t think of anything else.

Cheers.
Fly up to Brisbane for a few days ;)

Do the tour of the SCG and Allianz stadium (or whatever it is called these days), then hop across to the Rugby League museum and have a chat with any of the old players who might be about.

Cheers.
Depends on the weather, but:
  1. Bondi to Bronte / Coogee walk (or vice-versa). If you finish in Coogee, eat & drink at the Coogee Pavilion. If in reverse, eat & drink at Icebergs Club (casual). Or North Bondi RSL
  2. Harbour Cruise. Might be a bit chilly. We did one that had an audio guide that described all the historical things around the harbour. It was a bit geriatric inside the boat, with sit down meals and a man on a guitar, so we went on the upper deck and it was great
  3. If you are into running, you can take in Barangaroo Reserve, Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Botanic Gardens in one hit. Bit longer to walk
  4. Ferry out to Watsons Bay and eat out there. Or you could start the day with the Coogee to Bondi walk, eat at Bondi, then head north to Watsons Bay and ferry back to Circular Quay. Check out the super wealthy houses in Point Piper / Double Bay on the way back etc. You'll tick quite a few boxes that way
  5. I've heard good things about Hyde Park Barracks for convict & colonial history of Sydney. Haven't been. Also Cockatoo Island for similar vibe
  6. The fairer sex enjoys watching musicals in Haymarket. Grease was on last month
  7. Go watch a game at Leichardt on a Sunday arvo
  8. Shopping - if you stay near Market Street, you'll have good access to a few different malls
  9. Apparently the Epicurean in Barangaroo has the best buffet
  10. Depending on your taste, the Fish Market might be worth looking at. If you hate seagulls and the smell of fish, maybe not

Really depends what you’re into, some pretty good suggestions from the others.
If you’re in the cbd a ferry trip from circular quay is always a good shout, doesn’t really matter where just being in the harbour on a nice day is great but Manly or Taronga are always nice trips. Take a ferry rather than a water taxi they are just there to fleece u

Last edited:
i grew up in sydney, kirribilli to be exact.
what a wonderful city.
about the same population as NZ?

i think i remember you talking about walking? this one is definitely worth a trot if you get the time.

Also if you can plan it right which does not look to be the way there is always the Sydney Mardi Gras
But I haven't been there but have been told some of them are wankers

Last edited:

Cheers.
Hi mate, tell me what sort of thing you like to do when holidaying and I’ll give you some tips

If my Missus was going to Sydney I’d be looking to tag along and go see a game.

We plan to have a trip there when we both retire, hoping to see an SOO game if I can get tickets

History and architecture. Chinese, Italian, Fusion and Seafood.
Around the rocks has some of the earliest buildings in Aus in terms of architecture, then behind that is Barangaroo which is pretty much the opposite,
depending on how ‘authentic’ you wanna go Chinatown in Haymarket, there’s the fish markets in Glebe or Italian Leichhardt and marrickville have some decent spots

Try & get out of there before Wednesday bro. Because Thursday morning the whole of 💙 Mighty NSW shuts down due to depression. All the special needs buses stop running for them also. If you have to stay, DO NOT wear any QLD Morons Origin attire. You'll be attacked out of Jealousy & frustration. Losers always resort to violence 😆

Try & get out of there before Wednesday bro. Because Thursday morning the whole of 💙 Mighty NSW shuts down due to depression. All the special needs buses stop running for them also. If you have to stay, DO NOT wear any QLD Morons Origin attire. You'll be attacked out of Jealousy & frustration. Losers always resort to violence 😆
To be fair the special needs buses don’t ‘stop, they just return all the Queenslanders back home. From my experience QLD Morons attire isn’t needed to spot a Queenslander- they’re like vegans, they’ll tell you before you have a chance to say anything else, the 6 fingers and banjos are usually a dead give away also

To be fair the special needs buses don’t ‘stop, they just return all the Queenslanders back home. From my experience QLD Morons attire isn’t needed to spot a Queenslander- they’re like vegans, they’ll tell you before you have a chance to say anything else, the 6 fingers and banjos are usually a dead give away also
You know how you can tell the difference between a Qld & Nsw supporter on a bus? All the nsw supporters have helmets on! 🤣