Social The username thread

My kids kept saying Sup Dad?

At first I was not a fan, then it stuck, like the Wahs. And as they got older and lazier and more economic with their words all I got was 'sup?' and an eyebrow raise for a greeting.

Can't beat em join em.

42 is from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. The answer to everything including Sup?
Was at sprint session with an Aussie coach a few months back. He reckoned NZ was the only place he'd been to where kids could answer most questions with their eyebrows. It drove him nuts.

Last edited:
I'm of Scandinavian descent and was a Bay Roskill supporter when I lived in the area and my oldest boy played there. I'm a Bears and Saints supporter now for the same reasons but still have a soft spot for the Bay. Good people there.

I've never liked Canberra though, their jersey is the colour of snot.

Pretty boring compared to some of the more creative names here but somewhat unique I suppose.

Rice University (In Houston, Texas) was where I studied. Their mascot are the Owls, so I am a Rice Owl.

Rice is famous for - where JFK delivered his speech about going to the moon (ā€œnot because it is easy, but because it is hardā€), baseball, being a prestigious southern school, and producing astronauts.

Last edited:
View attachment 629

donā€™t need to elaborate on this do I?
images (1) (24).jpeg

I'm a Sopranos fanatic and went with The Shah pretty much for the profile pic, and couldn't think of anything else šŸ˜‚

Plus I loved grilled cheese sandwiches on the radiator when I was in the can for 20 years (for friends of ours in the know)
The Shah: Ayy Tone, how come I get 20 years but Eric Watson gets to live free on da lam?

Tony Iro: the fish around the Cook Islands are particularly abundant dis year...

Trying to decide if I should change my usernameā€¦.
considering Wah Solo, JabWah the Hutt or from the Dark Side, Wah-th Vader.

Then thereā€™s always my favourite Star Trek captain, James Wahberius Kirk.

Then thereā€™s the Daleks number 1 enemy, Dr Wah.

Too many choices!!!

Trying to decide if I should change my usernameā€¦.
considering Wah Solo, JabWah the Hutt or from the Dark Side, Wah-th Vader.

Then thereā€™s always my favourite Star Trek captain, James Wahberius Kirk.

Then thereā€™s the Daleks number 1 enemy, Dr Wah.

Too many choices!!!
Combine your real name with your favourite movie Willy Wonker... Mike Wahnker!

(sorry mate)

Just an ode to my late Dad, a real manā€™s man, he played rep Union & then League for Mt Wellington a couple of seasons after he was ā€œreleasedā€ where they played ā€œcrashā€ on the concrete, he came out bouncing out of his skin, fit and fearless & he used to teach me how to scrap & we both had a penchant for fisty cuffsā€¦. only for the right reasons of course. RIP Dadā€¦.My Hero & King šŸ‘‘

mrblonde just because A) I'd gotten sick of signing into various websites as Blondini or some variation thereof ("Goodbye Pork Pie") or Vyvyan or some "The Young Ones" reference and B) Damn, that scene makes Joe Egan (distant relative of Wayde? Get out that razor, Wayde!) and Jerry Rafferty's Dylanesque pop bubblegum favourite from April of 1974 that reached up to Number 5 (but did fuck-all in New Zealand, according to Google, for some some reason Quentin Tarantino omits to mention that in the "Reservoir Dogs" screenplay) sound more badass than Metallica's "Creeping Death", Body Count's "Cop Killer" etc....

Back