General Your Warriors Team vs Manly, Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Just wondering how your side would look for next week’s loss to Manly?

My thinking below although I’m still not sure who is avaiable.

1: RTS
2: Loan player with speed
3: AK
4: Hayze
5: Fusitua
6: CHT (?)
7: Loan player
8: Ah Mau
9: Kodi
10: JTB
11: Katoa
12: Harris
13: Papali’i (?)
14; Lawton
15: Ale
16: Ken
17: ATG

Coach: Loan coach

Manly by 12.

SK will name pretty much the same side as the last 2 weeks with Green and Blair at the forefront.

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Doesnt matter. Wont go ahead.

All of Australia is in lockdown from next week.

Wooden spoon is ours

Reactions: Swanley

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Just wondering how your side would look for next week’s loss to Manly?

My thinking below although I’m still not sure who is avaiable.

1: RTS
2: Loan player with speed
3: AK
4: Hayze
5: Fusitua
6: CHT (?)
7: Loan player
8: Ah Mau
9: Kodi
10: JTB
11: Katoa
12: Harris
13: Papali’i (?)
14; Lawton
15: Ale
16: Ken
17: ATG

Coach: Loan coach

Manly by 12.

SK will name pretty much the same side as the last 2 weeks with Green and Blair at the forefront.
Loan coach.

Classic😂😂😂

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Don’t understand the sudden hate on Maumalo. Yes he’s one dimensional but it’s a good dimension when used right. Here’s a tip...

Maybe the halves could try something radical like a cutout ball instead of one out passing and open up the backline for a change. Or maybe passing at the line... with less depth... and then we won’t be predictable and create some space.

Perhaps we should look at the worst halves pairing in the comp and blame the source of our attacking woes, rather than the guys that are supposed to finish?

offloader

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 5, 2016
Given that the season could be all over real soon I think the plan should be a complete overhaul during the winter - new coach, new CEO, and 8-10 new signings if we can get them.

With this in mind, priority now should be developing rookies, trialing as many loan players as we are allowed, and playing Harlem Globetrotter Warrior-ball. Let's lose these irrelevant games in style...

1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Perham
4. AK
5. Maumalo
6. Turner
7. CHT
8. JTB
9. Lawton
10. Timms
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Papali'i

14. Nikorima
15. Ah Mau
16. ATG
17. Ale

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Why are we trying to get the young Broncos fullback to play for us? Is RTS carrying an injury? Bit of a slap in the face for Turner if we draft a kid in and play him instead of giving Turner gametime.
Just saw a video from the Broncos site where he's been training at both fullback and centre throughout the off season. Sounds as if it may be as cover for a couple of positions.

Reactions: Worried2Death

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 1, 2016
Where is the news with the loan players coming from???
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...-warriors-in-hour-of-need-by-loaning-tesi-niu

NRL: Broncos refuse to help Warriors in hour of need by loaning Tesi Niu

The Broncos have refused to lend a helping hand to the Warriors as the club struggles on, stranded in Australia.

The Sunday Mail in Brisbane has reported that the Warriors asked the Broncos if they could borrow, the club's 18-year-old fullback Tesi Niu.

Niu, who played for Tonga against Great Britain late last year, is on a development contract with the Broncos, so can't play for the club until June 30.

Because of the situation the Warriors are in, the NRL would have allowed Niu to play straight away if he made a short term move.

The Warriors wanted to borrow Tesi Niu, the Broncos said no.

However, the Broncos have shown the hand to the Warriors, deciding they didn't want to risk Niu getting injured while playing for a rival club.

Niu was a player with a huge future in front of him, but even if he was able to play for the Broncos now, he'd be behind Jamayne Isaako, Jesse Arthars and the injured Jack Bird in their fullback pecking order.

The NRL have allowed the Warriors to borrow players from other clubs to help them get through this tough time.

Their recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan is with the team in Australia and has been actively trying to bring in players.

But so far he hasn't had any success and that will continue if other clubs follow the uncharitable actions of the Broncos.

A few Warriors players had head knocks in the 20-6 loss to the Raiders on Saturday and Stephen Kearney will be keeping his fingers' crossed that they will all be available to play against the Sea Eagles next week.

The Warriors went into the game against the Raiders with just 24 players in their squad and five of them being players from the development team.

Help is coming as Patrick Herbert, Gerard Beale, Jazz Tevaga, Josh Curran and Agnatius Paasi all flew to Australia a couple of days ago.

However, they have to go through the 14-day isolation period and won't be available until the round four game against Wests Tigers.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Just saw a video from the Broncos site where he's been training at both fullback and centre throughout the off season. Sounds as if it may be as cover for a couple of positions.
Centre - AK, Fusitua (yeah I know), Pompey, Hayze,Herbert coming.

Fullback - RTS,Turner,Hayze, Kodi, Fusitua,

We dont need this bloke, its up front and the halves where we need someone.
Our players need a confidence boost and some experience not further undermining by bringing in unproven kids to replace them.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Why are we trying to get the young Broncos fullback to play for us? Is RTS carrying an injury? Bit of a slap in the face for Turner if we draft a kid in and play him instead of giving Turner gametime.
They wanted him for wing/centre cover from what I’ve read.

Good plan from POS and I’m not surprised Broncos said no. Why would they let their highly touted 18 year old who has already played for Tonga and is off contract at the end of this year, spend time and get close with another club.

POS needs to leverage this situation by getting in the ears of all agents that have any young promising players. Promise them game time and then try poach them. Worst case scenario we just blooded a youngster for another club in a season which we are locked in for the wooden spoon anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings