General YOUR Warriors Team For 2020

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
If RTS is out, how does your round 1 team look?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Like your whole thesis.

But lost me at Pulu. Somehow Pulu became dispirited when he dropped back into ISP and put a large number of listless performances. As in not slightly listless, more like the worst player on the field type performances.

Unlike Lisone we cant shop Pulu around as not even Titans or the Super League would bite.

I hope he proves me wrong and fights back. He is 30 though.
. They wrote an article about him last year. Apparently his Dad and three younger brothers are in jail. Pulu is heart broken about his youngest brother being inside at the age of 20 and he wants to dedicate his life to being a good role model for his siblings. The youngest one in particular.
I think all of it is proving too much in my suspicion.

Kia Kaha Leivaha . Fight man. Life is hard for all of us. You must fight. Some of us have been given a yoke which asks us to work harder than others. Don't ask why just know all of us must use all of our talents. And you must use all of yours.
Be your own spark in the middle of the night. You provide the leadership that you need and helpers will come.

Kearney has his favourites and Pulu has been designated "Turkish Delight".

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Pulu will get his chance this year, we are too short of forwards for him not to. Hasn’t been the same though since breaking his ankle in 2018. If he could somehow get into that sort of form he’d be my choice to be the other edge forward with Harris.

Would love to see Katoa given that last spot on the bench. 15-20 minutes out there would be great for his development. Tevaga will get that spot when he comes back so it’s a good opportunity to see where Katoa is at after some good moments in the trials.

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Pulu will get his chance this year, we are too short of forwards for him not to. Hasn’t been the same though since breaking his ankle in 2018. If he could somehow get into that sort of form he’d be my choice to be the other edge forward with Harris.

Would love to see Katoa given that last spot on the bench. 15-20 minutes out there would be great for his development. Tevaga will get that spot when he comes back so it’s a good opportunity to see where Katoa is at after some good moments in the trials.
I remember Ali getting small dose's when he first came on the scene.
Didn't know much about Ali when he came along,just remember a game against Parra when Ali was involved with what could of become a try still on the highlight reels today like his set up for Stacey against the Broncos.
Not saying Katoa is going to be like Ali,but it has been a while since we had a player with that Ali,TRex,Kikau game breaking presence.
Would love to see Katoa bled in from round one too.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012

If it's true that Katoa has only played 5 games of league before, then I'd rather he got some big minutes in reserve grade first.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
If RTS is out, how does your round 1 team look?

1 - Fusitua
2 - Ken
3 - Hiku
4 - Herbert
5 - Pompey (if he's still alive? Haven't heard or seen anything of him)

If Pompey is injured/cut/whatever then wouldn't mind giving someone like Turner a run on the wing. Rather that than trying to force Hayze to become Lolohea 2.0 by playing him wherever there's a spot on the field.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
Hiku will almost certainly be fullback in the absence of rts
Hiku did an admiral job there last year

I second this, he has done a half decent job in the past filling in at fullback and would allow Hayze or one of the many other backline players to fill in at centre....

So naturally SK will move a backrower to centre instead..

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I second this, he has done a half decent job in the past filling in at fullback and would allow Hayze or one of the many other backline players to fill in at centre....

So naturally SK will move a backrower to centre instead..

Lucky for us Kearney has made a squad with only Harris as a backrower, so he will have to play a back there. Hiku to fullback and Hayze to center would be my pick as Pompey seems to be off the radar. I’d like to see Hayze thrown in the deep end and see how he goes.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
tajhay tajhay mt.wellington mt.wellington

Hello Gentlemen,

Would you be able to post the pre game chatter immediately or as soon as possible for the New Castle game next weekend.

I know normally it comes out on a Monday or something but there is no game this weekend and many of us would be into examining New Castle's lineup and dissecting the key match ups.

Basically we want to talk about the match now if possible?????

It is only 8 days away or so....

How about it...

Tyrael

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Not sure if this is the right thread to post.
I haven't been on here for a while so not sure if it has already been talked about in depth.

The 4 players leaving, does this seem right to you? I mean, these guys get paid well and they are doing something they love doing. I understand that family is important and for things like family are sick or about to have a child no problem. But if it's just I miss my mum....I mean really?!?!? Are these guys that ungrateful to the club? Are these guys really going to let their brothers in arms down?

My mate thinks it's because they can't go out and party =/

Reactions: Fearmuss

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Small children and babies need a lot of support.
it is much easier when both Mum and Dad are around to support each other and look after the kids.
This is the reason they are going home.
Its acceptable they have been away long enough and their wives have probably been putting huge pressure on them to return.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings