General YOUR Warriors Team For 2020

Wananga Kingi

Wananga Kingi

Blair is ineffective at prop. He's got no leg drive and makes stuff all metres. The only positive is he does have a good offload in him but he can do that at lock.
I agree, he’s got more go forward than papali’i thou, and he’s a decent ball player, why I think he should be lock if anything, papali’i to ressies

Orifice

Orifice

Mt Wellington is correct, that's 98% likely in being our pack for round 1. Although I would prefer Warriorsfan92's pack.

Blair should be in a prop jersey due to necessity, and is his only position where he adds some spark IMO. But, with Kearney deciding Fusitua is a centre (again), and moving a centre onto his wing (awesome logic on paper eh), Blair will be needed on defence to keep that edge on track. Add the fact this club has not recruited or developed any second rowers for several seasons, Blair ATM is one of two options, with Pulu the other (who seems to have fallen off the truck, hopefully he starts strong, and doesn't become another Sao).

Burr is a full time prop now. He's Lillyman 2.0 on a third of the money IMO. Curran is and always has been a lock, to spell Papalii, play a bit of prop if needed.

Have guessed some minutes, not an exact science but it's close to what I think will happen.

8. Ah Mau - 45 mins
9. Egan - 50 Mins
10. Paasi - 40 mins
11. Harris - 80 mins
12. Blair - 80 mins
13. Papalii - 65 mins

14. Lawton - 30 mins
15. Burr - 40 mins
16. Curran - 30 mins
17. Pulu/Jamayne Tounua-Brown - 20 mins (or Kearneys 5 minute man)
Maybe a third hooker on the bench?

Wananga Kingi

Wananga Kingi

My round 1 team after watching the trial

Tuivasa-scheck
Maumalo
Hiku
Herbert
Fusitua
Nikorima/keighran
Harris-Tevita
Paasi
Lawton
Burr
Pulu
Harris
Blair

Keighran/nikorima
Ah-mau
Murchie
Katoa

Fusitua and Herbert need to swap back.
Our attack was real shit, so new halves combo, Lawton looked to bring the forwards on to the ball better than Egan and is a better runner.
Murchie straight into the side when we sign him. I thought papali’I played alright but no.
I’d give Curran and Taunoa-brown more time

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Tuivasa-scheck
Maumalo
Hiku
Herbert
Fusitua
Nikorima/keighran
Harris-Tevita
Paasi
Lawton
Burr
Pulu
Harris
Blair

Keighran/nikorima
Ah-mau
Murchie
Katoa

Our attack was real shit, so new halves combo, Lawton looked to bring the forwards on to the ball better than Egan and is a better runner.
Murchie straight into the side when we sign him. I thought papali’I played alright but no.

Fusitua hasn’t been as bad as I feared he might be at Centre- commentary mention he’d swap to wing for 5th tackle contests

Blain

Blain

He doesn't need to moved out to the wing on the 5 th play as we don't have a good enough half to kick it there.

Sadly you're not wrong. If we have Kodi and Green in the halves, which I'm sure we will, the kicking game will be bottom of the NRL. Every team generally has kicking/play making half with a running/supporting half, where as we are going to run with 2 running/support No 6's. That's going to hurt not only on our attacking game, but with getting out of our own half when we can't make metres (which looking at our pack, will be often).

Woofa

Woofa

Tuivasa-scheck
Maumalo
Hiku
Herbert
Fusitua
Nikorima/keighran
Harris-Tevita
Paasi
Lawton
Burr
Pulu
Harris
Blair

Keighran/nikorima
Ah-mau
Murchie
Katoa

Like it but Id have Egan on 100%.. his crisp passing was a great change to see.. Id have Egan and Lawton on bench personally. 100% agree.. Greens time is gone by.. he needs to replace Stacey Jones in the coaching box (no offence to the legend!)

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Green's well past his best. And his best wasn't that great anyway.

He is much more effective when he is not the dominant half. Like with DCE at Manly and Shaun Johnson in Green's first year here.

Yeah, he looks about cooked, you can't play side to side move the ball around footy when the guy who touches the ball the most (outside of the dummy half) can't run and doesn't get up in support. short kicking still good, but his bombs are so weak.

Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi will have games where they look disorganised and erratic, but at least they might spark some stuff.

warriors55

warriors55

Yeah, he looks about cooked, you can't play side to side move the ball around footy when the guy who touches the ball the most (outside of the dummy half) can't run and doesn't get up in support. short kicking still good, but his bombs are so weak.

Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi will have games where they look disorganised and erratic, but at least they might spark some stuff.

Exactly. He doesn't offer many attacking weapons. The opposition can just hold off him and wait for him to shovel the ball to the next player. Even if he does decide to run it he is too slow to take advantage of any half gaps and his passing game is not that dynamic. Opposition teams will know he will be primary kicking option on the last as well.

Reactions: eudebrito
Damo

Damo

Contributor

wrighty

Nikorima to spell Egan if required although I'd like him to play most of the game tbh.
I wanted to add another comment to further diss Green but first just want to comment that Egan was eye catching. And had a touch of class even though he looked rusty with a forward pass at one point.

On Green - he is a controlling half and not a creative half, and really really does not know how to quarterback strong offensive plays. However he figures he is the most senior guy so he should be the quarterback and he is trying to do that role in the offensive red zone. It is painful to watch at times.
It would be better if the coaches said "Pull your head in Green, yes Niko and Chanel Harris-Tavita are more junior than you are but they will be the quarterback/playmaker and you concentrate of organising and controlling field position."

Plus as mentioned earlier, but because it vexes me so I will mention again, it winds me up that he has started to make Kata like dashes for the try line even though two to three defensive guys are in front of him. When he does that it takes him out of position for the pursuant plays.

offloader

Didn't see any of the trials but this is how I'd line them up for Round 1

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Maumalo
3. Hiku
4. Herbert
5. Fusitua
6. Nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Paasi
9. Egan
10. Pulu
11. Curran
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Ah Mau
15. Jamayne Tounua-Brown
16. Papali'i

Not convinced about the merits of the Fusitua-Herbert switch yet.
I'd like to see if Kodi/Chanel Harris-Tavita works or not. Can always fall back on Green if it doesn't.
When Paasi and Pulu arrived from the Titans they said they sparked off each other's energy - so let's try that.
Ah Mau to mentor Jamayne Tounua-Brown in the bench role.
Blair and Papali'i to share minutes in the middle.
Not convinced about Curran, but we're short there. Burr? Katoa? Milne? Murchie taking Pompey's spot?