General YOUR Warriors Team For 2020

Paulo24

Paulo24

So I have Ah Mau, Paasi, Brown in my team. Who is that fourth bopper? Do we put blair in the middle there and give Milne a go on the edge? I see harris has gone back to the right, so for me I'm not sure Milne fits in on the left?

We cant afford to have Katoa there as hes still a pup, so should we be looking at recruiting a edge back rower? Tyson Frizell?

Not a bad idea about Milne on the edge, he is robust, abrasive and aggressive. He would soon learn how to run a line or two being a natural centre. I would rather have Milne than Papalii on the edge.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
He is still playing first grade isn't he. He was a slow maturing honky boy.
Pretty sure any club having the option of choosing either RFM or Lane, would choose Lane. But reality is that RFM has a greater potential to develop into a better player than he could ever at the Warriors. But the upshoot for him is that in 5 years when he is 31, he can link up with Moses* and contact the club to say he is homesick and the club will straight away offer a multimillion dollar retirement package.

* if he gets his license back.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
So with recent releases and injuries our fit forward stocks according to the Warriors official site are:

Adam Blair
Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Agnatuis Paasi
Eliesa Katoa
Isaiah Papali'i
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Karl Lawton
Lachlan Burr
Leeson Ah Mau
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tohu Harris
Tom Ale
Wade Egan

Now we all know that Kearney has his favourites and is a creature of habit. I guess you could call that the 'process'.

For a large chunk of 2019 he had starting pack of

8. Agnatius Paasi
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

The bench was rounded out with Isaiah Papali'i. Not counting Sam Lisone (released), Bunty Afoa (injured), Ligi Sao(released), Blake Ayshford (released), Jackson Frei (injured) or any reserve hooker.

I don't see Mooks changing that line up much with maybe Papali'i starting at lock like he's been named to do in the upcoming trial. We all know he's been groomed for that position and was seen as Mannerings succesor ever since he joined the team. As the two last men standing theres no doubt that Wade Egan and Karl Lawton will both share rake duties. Egan is coming off injury and Karl Lawton has never played a full game for us so I think its safe to say we will have a combination of the two playing through out the year.

So a pack of

8. Agnatius Paasi
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Karl Lawton

looks to be the most likely starting point for our 2020 forwards.

That leaves two spots to choose out of

Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Eliesa Katoa
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tom Ale

The obvious choice would be Josh Curran and Leivaha Pulu. Our two most experianced players of that list. With Curran thats a bit generous as he's only played 3 games. I see him playing a big role this season but expect to see him rested with Jamayne Tounua-Brown and ATG being most likely to step up. I also believe there is no doubt that Tom Ale will get a limited taste of NRL at some stage of the year. Knowing Kearney it'll be in a huge game like against the Storm.

So round 1 I think we'll see our forwards line up like

8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Wade Egan
10. Agnatuis Paasi
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Josh Curran
17. Karl Lawton

18. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown...

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
So with recent releases and injuries our fit forward stocks according to the Warriors official site are:

Adam Blair
Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Agnatuis Paasi
Eliesa Katoa
Isaiah Papali'i
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Karl Lawton
Lachlan Burr
Leeson Ah Mau
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tohu Harris
Tom Ale
Wade Egan

Now we all know that Kearney has his favourites and is a creature of habit. I guess you could call that the 'process'.

8. Agnatius Paasi
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

The bench was rounded out with Isaiah Papali'i. Not counting Sam Lisone (released), Bunty Afoa (injured), Ligi Sao(released), Blake Ayshford (released), Jackson Frei (injured) or any reserve hooker.

I don't see Mooks changing that line up much with maybe Papali'i starting at lock like he's been named to do in the upcoming trial. We all know he's been groomed for that position and was seen as Mannerings succesor ever since he joined the team. As the two last men standing theres no doubt that Wade Egan and Karl Lawton will both share rake duties. Egan is coming off injury and Karl Lawton has never played a full game for us so I think its safe to say we will have a combination of the two playing through out the year.

So a pack of

8. Agnatius Paasi
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Karl Lawton

Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Eliesa Katoa
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tom Ale

The obvious choice would be Josh Curran and Leivaha Pulu. Our two most experianced players of that list. With Curran thats a bit generous as he's only played 3 games. I see him playing a big role this season but expect to see him rested with Jamayne Tounua-Brown and ATG being most likely to step up. I also believe there is no doubt that Tom Ale will get a limited taste of NRL at some stage of the year. Knowing Kearney it'll be in a huge game like against the Storm.

8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Wade Egan
10. Agnatuis Paasi
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Josh Curran
17. Karl Lawton

This is good reasoning, based on sound assumptions.

I’m with you after one amendment right at the end, I think swap Jamayne Tounua-Brown and Pulu and that’s what he’ll go with.

Swanny

Adam Blair
Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Agnatuis Paasi
Eliesa Katoa
Isaiah Papali'i
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Karl Lawton
Lachlan Burr
Leeson Ah Mau
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tohu Harris
Tom Ale
Wade Egan

8. Agnatius Paasi
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

So a pack of

8. Agnatius Paasi
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Karl Lawton

Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Eliesa Katoa
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tom Ale

8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Wade Egan
10. Agnatuis Paasi
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Josh Curran
17. Karl Lawton

The top 30 rules mean that ATG could not get a game unless he is given that 30th spot they are holding on to, or someone else is released. It will be interesting to see how much time he gets in the trial, and if he has overtaken guys like Pulitzer in their thoughts.

Ale and Makatoa are only eligible after the halfway point in the season due to their development contracts

warriorsfan92

Adam Blair
Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Agnatuis Paasi
Eliesa Katoa
Isaiah Papali'i
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Karl Lawton
Lachlan Burr
Leeson Ah Mau
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tohu Harris
Tom Ale
Wade Egan

8. Agnatius Paasi
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

So a pack of

8. Agnatius Paasi
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Karl Lawton

Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
Eliesa Katoa
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Josh Curran
Leivaha Pulu
Philip Makatoa
Tom Ale

8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Wade Egan
10. Agnatuis Paasi
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papali'i

14. Lachlan Burr
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Josh Curran
17. Karl Lawton

Like the reasoning, and justifications for selection. I think the only change would be Jamayne Tounua-Brown in for Pulu, based on Kearneys disinterest in selecting him the last few years. Either him, or ATG.

My preferred pack would be:

Ah Mau
Egan
Blair
Harris
Curran
Papalii

Lawton
Paasi
Burr
Jamayne Tounua-Brown

That’s a huge bench. with players in Harris & Curran likely capable of playing close to 80, (Harris is a lock in for 80). Rotate Curran out for Burr, and have some big middles in the second 20 of the first half, to keep metres and physicality up.

Blain

Blain

Mt Wellington is correct, that's 98% likely in being our pack for round 1. Although I would prefer Warriorsfan92's pack.

Blair should be in a prop jersey due to necessity, and is his only position where he adds some spark IMO. But, with Kearney deciding Fusitua is a centre (again), and moving a centre onto his wing (awesome logic on paper eh), Blair will be needed on defence to keep that edge on track. Add the fact this club has not recruited or developed any second rowers for several seasons, Blair ATM is one of two options, with Pulu the other (who seems to have fallen off the truck, hopefully he starts strong, and doesn't become another Sao).

Burr is a full time prop now. He's Lillyman 2.0 on a third of the money IMO. Curran is and always has been a lock, to spell Papalii, play a bit of prop if needed.

Have guessed some minutes, not an exact science but it's close to what I think will happen.

8. Ah Mau - 45 mins
9. Egan - 50 Mins
10. Paasi - 40 mins
11. Harris - 80 mins
12. Blair - 80 mins
13. Papalii - 65 mins

14. Lawton - 30 mins
15. Burr - 40 mins
16. Curran - 30 mins
17. Pulu/Jamayne Tounua-Brown - 20 mins (or Kearneys 5 minute man)