10. Bunty Afoa
11. Tom Ale
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papalii

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Agnatius Paasi
16. Jackson Frei
17. Josh Curran

Best I could do. We are getting smoked next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Patrick Herbert
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Keighran
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Kodi Nikorima
10. Bunty Afoa
11. Tom Ale
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaiah Papalii

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Agnatius Paasi
16. Jackson Frei
17. Josh Curran

Best I could do. We are getting smoked next year.
Papalii hurts my heart....But oh well lol. Would like to see young Paul Turner get some game time. Also, Tuimavave Gerrard. Can put a hit on. Doesn't have a hand brake when hitting it up either. Otherwise, Meh!

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Herbert
5. Maumalo
6. CHT
7. Green
8. Blair
9. Lawton
10. Paasi
11. Milne
12. Harris
13. Pulu

14. Nikorima
15. Ah Mau
16. Afoa
17. Tevaga

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papalii hurts my heart....But oh well lol. Would like to see young Paul Turner get some game time. Also, Tuimavave Gerrard. Can put a hit on. Doesn't have a hand brake when hitting it up either. Otherwise, Meh!
Papalii has amazing work rate. Always has. But we can’t take advantage of that work rate when he’s out on the edge where SK has him at the moment. We need explosive players out on the edge, hence why Tom Ale is my bolter for the second row.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papalii has amazing work rate. Always has. But we can’t take advantage of that work rate when he’s out on the edge where SK has him at the moment. We need explosive players out on the edge, hence why Tom Ale is my bolter for the second row.
Jazz has amazing work rate to. Papa has the bigger body, Both do to much and get tired and the mistakes kick in. That's mainly due to SK not using his bench effectively.
This year was really bad for papa. He's young, And still learning. But dam! I hope we see a new & improved papa next year.

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Jazz has amazing work rate to. Papa has the bigger body, Both do to much and get tired and the mistakes kick in. That's mainly due to SK not using his bench effectively.
This year was really bad for papa. He's young, And still learning. But dam! I hope we see a new & improved papa next year.
Papalii has a lot more potential than Jazz, mainly due to size. He just needs to simplify his game - tackle hard and run hard. His game does not involve trying to create line breaks on the edge (which is why SK is such a useless coach). He’s a better player than this year showed.

Reaction score
Damo

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papalii has a lot more potential than Jazz, mainly due to size. He just needs to simplify his game - tackle hard and run hard. His game does not involve trying to create line breaks on the edge (which is why SK is such a useless coach). He’s a better player than this year showed.
You would hope so, he was very error prone and gave away a lot of penalties this year. Was very frustrating to watch.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1 R T Sheck
2 D Fusitua
3 P Hiku
4 G Beale
5 K Maumalo
6 A Keighran
7 C H Tavita
8 J Bromwich
9 K Lawton
10 L Ah Mau
11 K Bromwich
12 T Harris
13 J Tavanga

14 N Roach
15 A Paasi
16 J Frei
17 I Papalii

Reaction score
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papalii got 14 turn overs in the tackle this season .That 14 extra sets of six for us .It's a rear skill an hopefully he keeps developing it .Not bad for a newbie
He was also pretty durable all in all I look forward to seeing him do great things
In a warriors jumper

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1 R T Sheck
2 D Fusitua
3 P Hiku
4 G Beale
5 K Maumalo
6 A Keighran
7 C H Tavita
8 J Bromwich
9 K Lawton
10 L Ah Mau
11 K Bromwich
12 T Harris
13 J Tavanga

14 N Roach
15 A Paasi
16 J Frei
17 I Papalii
Where's Green, in the coach's box?

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Milne
5. Maumalo
6. CHT
7. Green (unfortunately)
8. Paasi
9. Roache
10. Ah Mau
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Papalii

14. Nikorima
15. Frei
16. Afoa
17. Tevaga

edit: Adding someone like Brodie Croft or Aiden Sezer instead of Green and a strong forward signing (somehow) would give us a decent looking team. As long as Roache stays fit. But from the sounds of things we already have a hooker lined up, which really worries me considering who is available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papalii got 14 turn overs in the tackle this season .That 14 extra sets of six for us .It's a rear skill an hopefully he keeps developing it .Not bad for a newbie
He was also pretty durable all in all I look forward to seeing him do great things
In a warriors jumper
Exactly and he had 11th most tackles of any player in the comp this season. Averaged 39 tackles a game. Put him in the 13 jersey. He will be a game changer on defence.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Exactly and he had 11th most tackles of any player in the comp this season. Averaged 39 tackles a game. Put him in the 13 jersey. He will be a game changer on defence.
His edge is being targeted by the opposition because they can’t defend for shit, have constant changes, back peddle constantly, and were slow.

I think this season showed that our “defensive” backrow put very little pressure on the opposition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
His edge is being targeted by the opposition because they can’t defend for shit, have constant changes, back peddle constantly, and were slow.

I think this season showed that our “defensive” backrow put very little pressure on the opposition.
He’s not fast enough to be defending in the second row. Neither is Blair. Only person that doesn’t understand that SK.

Regardless, the stats don’t lie, 39 tackles per game for a non-middle player is impressive no matter what way you slice it.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sad reading this thread, we are basically relying on some ISP talent stepping up.

Here is my team. If we go with the same line up we will finish 13th again.

I would reinvent the back line.

My radical change would be RTS to centre and Hiku to full back.
RTS to transition to centre and get better one on one match ups. Hiku's best position is full back and I think he is a better ball playing full back than RTS in terms of distributing and hitting the line and creating overlaps for wingers. Nearly every game Hiku started at fullback for the warriors we won. My backline may leak tries but we will score plenty 1990s Warriors style.

1) Hiku
2) That Fijian young cunt - Kirwan played for the ABs at 19. Get the cunt in the team.
3) RTS - Like I said, fuck being sensible, sensible got us 13th. Lets try some shit if we can't recruit externally.
4) Fus - probably shit at reading defence but try it for 5 games.
5) Maumalo
6) CHT/Nikorima
7) Green
8) Passi - Bruce hates him but there is no one else and he isn't a liability.
9) Re-sign Luke - I have no idea why we dont want him. Our reasons for letting people go sound capricious.
10) Lisone (Yes starting. Yes really - he is our only prop who smashes into the line).
11) Vuna - Get his priest to talk him into returning, Getting him back would be my number one priority. Cunt can play centre too which means we don't have to carry a back utility on the bench. He is our only hope of having a mobile 2nd row.
12) Harris
13) Jazz - the pack leader. Yes he is. You know he is.

14) Nikorima/CHT
15) LAM - terrific bench prop
16) Afoa - terrific bench prop
17) Curran/Frei/Some Young forward - whoever it is will only get 8 minutes per game so who cares.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sad reading this thread, we are basically relying on some ISP talent stepping up.

Here is my team. If we go with the same line up we will finish 13th again.

I would reinvent the back line.

My radical change would be RTS to centre and Hiku to full back.
RTS to transition to centre and get better one on one match ups. Hiku's best position is full back and I think he is a better ball playing full back than RTS in terms of distributing and hitting the line and creating overlaps for wingers. Nearly every game Hiku started at fullback for the warriors we won. My backline may leak tries but we will score plenty 1990s Warriors style.

1) Hiku
2) That Fijian young cunt - Kirwan played for the ABs at 19. Get the cunt in the team.
3) RTS - Like I said, fuck being sensible, sensible got us 13th. Lets try some shit if we can't recruit externally.
4) Fus - probably shit at reading defence but try it for 5 games.
5) Maumalo
6) CHT/Nikorima
7) Green
8) Passi - Bruce hates him but there is no one else and he isn't a liability.
9) Re-sign Luke - I have no idea why we dont want him. Our reasons for letting people go sound capricious.
10) Lisone (Yes starting. Yes really - he is our only prop who smashes into the line).
11) Vuna - Get his priest to talk him into returning, Getting him back would be my number one priority. Cunt can play centre too which means we don't have to carry a back utility on the bench. He is our only hope of having a mobile 2nd row.
12) Harris
13) Jazz - the pack leader. Yes he is. You know he is.

14) Nikorima/CHT
15) LAM - terrific bench prop
16) Afoa - terrific bench prop
17) Curran/Frei/Some Young forward - whoever it is will only get 8 minutes per game so who cares.
I like it... Crazy enough that it just might work 🤔

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Jazz Tevaga also averaged 39 tackles a game and played way less minutes so im not sure it'd be such a huge game changer, also Papali'i missed a lot of tackles this year (68 most of any warrior forward altho the more u make the higher that count will probably be) but what was disappointing many seemed to be on the line letting tries through (that sharks game he was a turnstile), altho i do agree his best position will inevitably be as a tacklebot 13.

The other thing that surprised me about Papili'i is that for a noted power lifter was his lack of explosive speed or strength (which is what i thought power lifting was all about) to break tackles ball in hand. He was almost a non entity on the edge on attack (not that Blair on the other edge was such a force either) He's often compared with Mannering but at least a young Mannering had decent enough speed u could consider playing him in the centres.....Papili'i no way....he's a slug....at 20 years old u would think that's the fastest he'll ever be...so yeah....not great in that regard.

We had a definite lack of punch on the edges this year through our backrowers and it hurt out attack. The inability to be able to break the tackle or line meant set defences we're rarely troubled and we had nothing to create off the back of. A few things to consider, (just randomly comparing our backrowers with other backrowers in teams that i follow) and just to highlight where i thought are real shortfalls in our game

Season figures

Isaiah Papili'i - 2 line breaks, 26 tackle breaks
Adam Blair - 2 line breaks, 26 tackle breaks
Jazz Tevaga - 3 line breaks, 38 tackle breaks

Briton Nikora (Sharks) - 11 line breaks, 65 tackle breaks
Adam Crichton (Roosters) - 7 line breaks, 66 tackle breaks
David Fifita (Bronco's) - 10 line breaks, 106 tackle breaks

Damn those tackle breaks! If your a half or fullback you'd be loving running of those!
In saying that tho our offloads stats we're off the hook (Blair - 31, Jazz - 22, Papali'i - 13) but i'd argue over the quality.....there's a big difference from being able to offload at the line at pace to support as opposed to fighting in the tackle for 5 or so seconds giving the defence time to re-set and getting an offload out the back where the support is then running at a set line.

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1.RTS
2.FUS
3.HIKU
4.Pompey
5.Maumalo
6.CHT
7.Green