General YOUR Warriors Team For 2019

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by Jimi Jones, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Think you'll find their talking about Burr, missed 85 tackles last season.

That said James Bell who's a noted defender missed 82. Usually find tho the missed tackle stat will usually be higher if their attempting more tackles than anyone else.

However a notable difference in a Bell/Burr comparison is Bell made 200 more tackles......quite a difference.

2. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

he sounds like a mr fix it

chuck him on the bench so he can come on and cover for anyone in the pack !

3. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Sounds like Hayze thinks he is a chance for the halfback jersey, good on him, an outside chance at best probably.
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

4. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Jamie Soward predicted CTH

AK confirmed.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. HoRneT041
    Join:
    Dec 4, 2018

HoRneT041 Warriors Bench Player

The bell is still ringing in the ears after that Storm Anzac Day demolition, haha.. Seriously though, that was a standout game from last year played out like a template on how to attack!

Your breakdown of this particular game and how it was executed is right on the mark. If there ever was a game we should learn from and how we’d like to see OUR team play - there it is..

This season we begin with new halves and potentially new centre pairings (Milne?) around a pretty mobile pack, hopefully we can use this to our advantage.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  6. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Blair an Tohu are good at the link plays required to put our forwards into half gaps an such .I also think Tevega will develope into this role .
    But we also need forwards who run the right lines .I think this is what SK is trying to acheive when he put this team together.
    we do have good post contact meter forwards an one of the best dummy half runners in the game So we are set up to see quick play
    the balls an hard post contact running its exactly what Tohu Blair an Luke thrive on ..So hope fully we get to see the reimmergance of a
    formidable warriors forward pack But we will definatly see quick meters made up the middle with this lot ,
    Ah Mau an Paasi an Bunty are going to have a breakout year this year .All are underrated .

7. PhilsySH35
    Join:
    Dec 12, 2015

PhilsySH35 U20's Player

I agree, I think the problem for the boys is they were too unfit, they were brilliant in the first 20-30 minutes, however in the last 10 minutes or so they resorted to one-out runners which is pretty easy to defend against, but, hopefully this season with the increased fitness levels, we'll see more runners (at least 2-3, not just RogerTVS) hitting holes creating opportunity for the halves to do there thing (like the storm did to us that wet rainy night) - can't wait - WARRIORS HARD!!!

8. HoRneT041
    Join:
    Dec 4, 2018

Add to the mix Papalli’i and Burr in particular who has impressed at pre season and supports runners, we're developing some awesome depth in the forwards..

I agree with the fitness aspect. After our electric start at the beginning of last season, we seemed to fall away midway.

You could pinpoint State of Origin time as the pivot point each year where this seems to happen. The origin players get better and reinforce their respective teams, the tempo lifts at the business end and we find it harder to keep up.

I'm sure our coaching staff are fully awear of this which makes this preseason even more important as we build to break this trend..

9. HoRneT041
    Join:
    Dec 4, 2018

Haha.. he had us for the wooden spoon this time last year. So looks like a big year for Keighran..

10. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

The Mole reporting Blake Green injured his hammy at training and is a concern for round 1...definitely sitting out both trials

11. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Tbh I didn't think fitness was the issue with the drop of intensity after the 20-30 minute mark that became more apparent as the season went on.

For mine I thought Kearney's use of the interchange played a big part in a loss of momentum usually at that point.

The hybrid forward obsession may work for other teams but when we took a prop off usually for Jazz (who im not knocking btw as he did his work admirably and now with Mannering gone should be a like for like replacement which should ensure better balance to the pack pending if Kearney plays it that way) leaving us with only one genuine oompa on the park playing the big man role....i wasn't surprised we started to struggle for parity or win the ruck up front.

12. PhilsySH35
    Join:
    Dec 12, 2015

PhilsySH35 U20's Player

True, I'll keep an eye out, sounds like we need more or better players to keep the momentum flowing...I'm stumped now (suppose that's why he gets paid the big bucks. never the mind, can't wait for the first game...yiiihaahhh!!!

13. HoRneT041
    Join:
    Dec 4, 2018

Legit?. A blessing in disguise perhaps. AK and CHT now have two full trials together..