Who is your preferred halves player?

• Adam Keighran

• Chanel Tavita-Harris

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score

j-bob

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I almost want to do a cartman and freeze myself till kick off.

Its probably one of . For me anyway.. The most anticipated seasons for a fucking long time.

I am genuinely excited for this season.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Had a chance to speak to one of the players over the weekend. He doesn’t think a decision has been made yet as both Adam and CHT seem to spend equal time in a halves role in training. He thinks a decision won’t be made until after the trials.
Spoke to RTS at a gig in town on Sunday. He said the exact same thing. Both still head to head and will be given the trial games to stake their claim. He expects the first trial to have both in the halves with Blake Green sitting it out...

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Spoke to RTS at a gig in town on Sunday. He said the exact same thing. Both still head to head and will be given the trial games to stake their claim. He expects the first trial to have both in the halves with Blake Green sitting it out...
I suspect, as you say, both will stay the first trial and Green will play the entire second trial with one starting the first half and the other the second half.

Reaction score

Warrior2017

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
FWIW, the forward pack I think SK would go with if all players are available for Round 1:

Paasi
Luke
Ah Mau
Harris
Papalli
Blair

Bench:
Jazz
Pulu
Afoa
Satae
geeze I could live with that..... actually looks bloody solid

Reaction score
Ref

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
AK has certainly served the apprenticeship through the juniors ranks.
Much like one James Maloney.

Early career[edit]
Maloney joined the Parramatta Eels in 2007 and helped the Wentworthville Magpies win the New South Wales Cup in 2008.[4] He was a member of the NSW Cup team of the year in 2008. Despite Maloney's good form in the NSW cup over these two seasons, he failed to break into first grade and instead signed with the Melbourne Storm for the 2009 season. He made his NRL debut in round five.

He was almost 23 when he debuted.

Lets hope history repeats 10 years later.

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

We feel your pain Bunty A4
Contributor
Reaction score
I think he was brought over for his attitude. Put pressure on the current stock of forwards , apparently the guys got potential... But don't we all.
He was in the aussie school boys teams coming through the grades. And was touted as a future origin forward yadayadayada, but never really kicked on once he come into grade.

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I’m hoping AK is the man based on his kicking ability and being a product of the NSW system of hard knocks. Gees, if any of Maloney or Clearey’s mental toughness rubs off on him, could be the start of something special.

Thankfully we still have Greenie there steering the ship till either one finds their mojo. I can imagine he’ll be the rock they need till they gain more experience / confidence. At some stage this year (injury) BOTH kids will most likely partner each other, might make or break our season..

Reaction score

Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
To be honest I hope Ct is the better we have a higher chance of retaining him longer if AK turns out to be a gun the offers will come pouring in from OZ and it wont be long before he gets the "homesick disease"

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Right now AK is the right choice without doubt. He is physically and mentally far more prepared. CTH is probably a year or two off. My worry is if Green gets injured we will have two absolute rookies leading us around the park against NRL teams. That is a very scary thought.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Right now AK is the right choice without doubt. He is physically and mentally far more prepared. CTH is probably a year or two off. My worry is if Green gets injured we will have two absolute rookies leading us around the park against NRL teams. That is a very scary thought.
well not counting last year we had experienced players in those positions and it couldnt go much worse. In fact out of those rookies who came and partnered SJ, 2 have now got GF gongs. It was the more experienced players that havent done as well. I am going to be optimistic and think even if green gets hurt things will still be positive. Glass defn half full.

Reaction score
#robbiemears

#robbiemears

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m hearing big wraps on Burr. Apparently, he’s been a machine over the pre-season and the coaches expect him to play plenty first grade this season - from the bench, up front and at lock. They’re particularly impressed that he does something not many forwards do anymore: supports the ball carrier so often! Pencil him in for a slot somewhere.

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m hearing big wraps on Burr. Apparently, he’s been a machine over the pre-season and the coaches expect him to play plenty first grade this season - from the bench, up front and at lock. They’re particularly impressed that he does something not many forwards do anymore: supports the ball carrier so often! Pencil him in for a slot somewhere.
That’s good to know that players this are earning their spots now.

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Burr was the Stand out player of ISP last year. Warriors got him at the exact right time of his career. He is big, strong and mentally ready to be a quality first-grade player. Expecting a very solid year and return on investment from Burr.

Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Burr was the Stand out player of ISP last year. Warriors got him at the exact right time of his career. He is big, strong and mentally ready to be a quality first-grade player. Expecting a very solid year and return on investment from Burr.
Interestingly the Dogs fans didn't rate him and were happy for him to go. "Hands like feet" they said. Hopefully the sideline staff have plenty of the glue spray.

Reaction score
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to post this, but I'm not too concerned about who we go for in the 17 because I'm more concerned about our style of play, particularly on attack. In the modern game, we have become too conservative, it's all very well having an 85% completion rate, but if you just go for 1 out hit-ups from the ruck then try something random on the last, it is very easy to defend.

When we got annihilated by the Storm last year (which was one of the best performances I have seen, ever), they basically didn't take one out hit-ups. They played off the pivot and hit us two passes wide with speed and ran with support runners. It is incredibly difficult to defend because you can't gang tackle, which means quick plays of the ball and offloads - this is the recipe. This allows you to send in your hooker or wings/centres to run from dummy half for easy metres.

We need to take more calculated risks, it can still be structured, hit the wider channels with the ball in two hands, short passing and fast tempo. My Warriors team will be made up of players that are able to play this style. If we are really worried about passing the ball being a risk, then we are screwed anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just looked it up. He missed the third most tackles in the NSW cup last year. I’m not sure he’s the defensive rock we hoped for.
Did the stats give his total tackles or tackle percentage?

I thought he played every game of ISP last year so compared to those guys going in and out of the teams every week that stat could be misleading if it's only a quantity of missed tackles thing.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did the stats give his total tackles or tackle percentage?

I thought he played every game of ISP last year so compared to those guys going in and out of the teams every week that stat could be misleading if it's only a quantity of missed tackles thing.
He missed 85 tackles all season. So playing long minutes in all games and attempting a lot of tackles will skew that stat negatively.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Lets be honest, most halves suck at defending at the best of times. We also have to consider who was next to him and the context of those misses. All of our 2nd rowers are pretty solid defensively, so we could probably sort him out with a bodyguard of sorts (similar to Lockyer and several 2nd rowers over his time in the halves)

Top Bottom