Who is your preferred halves player?

• Adam Keighran

• Chanel Tavita-Harris

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score

Chchfanatic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Keighran obviously plays centre. Any chance he plays there to alleviate the goal kicking issues.

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Keighran obviously plays centre. Any chance he plays there to alleviate the goal kicking issues.
I doubt it. Think he would be further down the centre pecking order than the halves. His goal kicking ability will be a consideration though.

Reaction score

Chchfanatic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I doubt it. Think he would be further down the centre pecking order than the halves. His goal kicking ability will be a consideration though.
Do u think kata would get isp centre of the year.

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Do u think kata would get isp centre of the year.
Maybe. I didn't watch Keighran last year so only guessing, but wasn't he the leading ISP point scorer? If he was, it may have had something to do with him being selected. I still can't see him ahead of Kata, Hiku, Beale or Milne without even considering some of the young blokes we have and Ayshford.

Reaction score
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Goal kicking is a major consideration.
I'm sure the coaching staff will have it in their plan book as a priority. With SJ gone and Bully out for the beginning of the season we're limited. Kata kicks but his chances so far haven't been anything to write home about. Unless there's a bolter in there somewhere (does Lawton kick?) I'm reasonably convinced we'll see the Ginga in there first up.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Unless someone like Kata can do it then Keighran must have inside running for Half. It is too big a risk not to have a reliable kicker.

I seem to remember Bluey saying they would outscore the opposition. Playing without a reliable kicker is like that.

Reaction score
Makasene

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Maybe. I didn't watch Keighran last year so only guessing, but wasn't he the leading ISP point scorer? If he was, it may have had something to do with him being selected. I still can't see him ahead of Kata, Hiku, Beale or Milne without even considering some of the young blokes we have and Ayshford.
Highest Point Scorer

Highest Goal Scorer

Kicked Goals at 81%

Give him the fucking tee already haha

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Had a chance to speak to one of the players over the weekend. He doesn’t think a decision has been made yet as both Adam and CHT seem to spend equal time in a halves role in training. He thinks a decision won’t be made until after the trials.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
FWIW, the forward pack I think SK would go with if all players are available for Round 1:

Paasi
Luke
Ah Mau
Harris
Papalli
Blair

Bench:
Jazz
Pulu
Afoa
Satae

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Had a chance to speak to one of the players over the weekend. He doesn’t think a decision has been made yet as both Adam and CHT seem to spend equal time in a halves role in training. He thinks a decision won’t be made until after the trials.
That would logical. Adam may have his nose in front in Kearneys mind, who would know. But he would have to back that up by out performing CHT in the trials.

Reaction score

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
FWIW, the forward pack I think SK would go with if all players are available for Round 1:

Paasi
Luke
Ah Mau
Harris
Papalli
Blair

Bench:
Jazz
Pulu
Afoa
Satae
I think that will be the pack, except Burr will come in for Satae. Burr’s defensive ability gives him the edge.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I think that will be the pack, except Burr will come in for Satae. Burr’s defensive ability gives him the edge.
I was wondering if SK would include Burr but I think he’d go for the player he knows over a new player. Can see Burr getting picked later in the season either due to injury or squad rotation.

Reaction score

Dippa

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
The upcoming trials will prove who will be given the first shot. Its a simple equation for both players, go out there and produce the goods. It wont be easy for either player as there will nerves but its a matter of in or out which means we should see 2 very determined young halves.

Looks are deceiving but I see a stealthy player in Adam. I might be trying to see a James Maloney in Adam but he has something about him which could add solidarity to the team in a key role.

Do I want another flashy young halves player producing magic plays and sacrificing the mental toughness required in the halves position? I'm not sure about this.

Adam being a left foot kicker is also probably something which is likely to put Adam in front. Execution on a consistent basis is key but having a left and right foot kicking halves pairing is certainly advantageous to any team.

Good luck to both guys, I really hope they both produce solid efforts because it would be a great headache to have in my opinion.

Reaction score

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Paasi
Luke
Ah Mau
Harris
Papalli
Blair

Bench:
Jazz
Pulu
Afoa
Satae
SK has stated that Papalii is playing in the middle this year so it may be that him and Blair swap positions (although my preference would be Pulu there). Also with the HIA rules you are seeing less and less teams running with a 4 forward bench. I don’t think Jazz is seen as a utility but rather as a middle so you will see a Beale/ Hiku in the reserves

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
CHT is a left footer as well isn’t he?? Can’t wait for the trials. I’ll like to see how both halves work together because with Greens history of short term injuries it’ll most likely happen.

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just looked it up. He missed the third most tackles in the NSW cup last year. I’m not sure he’s the defensive rock we hoped for.
I think he was brought over for his attitude. Put pressure on the current stock of forwards , apparently the guys got potential... But don't we all.

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
im happy for either one to get the starting gig but we all know how important getting your conversions and penalties over in such a tight competition is

alot of these nrl games come down to 6 points or less, alot of the time, get your kicks, win the game !!

give them a trial each then side picks itself !

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think he was brought over for his attitude. Put pressure on the current stock of forwards , apparently the guys got potential... But don't we all.
Also, I think he was brought over on the cheap, before the SJ saga freed up some cash. Not much room in the salary cap once we signed Ah Mau.

He'll need to take his opportunities, but looking forward to seeing what he brings to an already impressive forward pack.

Reaction score
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
give them a trial each then side picks itself !
I understood from SK's interview (and it would fit with how the Warriors have trialed in recent years) that the two will be the starting pair in the halves in the first trial game. I'd expect the first game to be about sorting spots 14-30 in the squad, with most regulars likely watching from the stands. Second game to be nearer to our round 1 team. Last years trial against Melbourne had Chanel Harris-Tavita, Matiu Love-Henry, Hayze Perham, Lewis Soosemea and Joe Vuna all making names for themselves, here's hoping those boys take the next step and we see more guys coming through pushing for spots.

Top Bottom